Menu

First broken bone Update in OP

ashfern

I thought it would be fun to take the kids roller skating yesterday. Everything was fine until I fell. I broke my right arm (Colles fracture). Got a splint at the ER along with a Rx for percocet. Was able to get an apt with ortho for today as the splint is making my thumb numb. I think crying on the phone helped. Pain level is still high even with the drugs. Having so much fun doing everything left handed and thst wrist hurts too. Will take all the positive thoughts and prayers that y'all send my way.

Update: The fracture is displaced so I need surgery and a plate put in. Surgery is tomorrow afternoon. I had to scramble to get a pre-op exam since I didn't have a primary care doc. The place I went to today was very nice and will now be my choice for any doc visits. Passed my EKG and hoping that the blood work is good. Had a friend bring us dinner yesterday and have 2 more meals in the fridge that were brought over. Thanks for all the previous replies and appreciate good vibes & prayers.

Edited by ashfern
  • Like 1
  • Sad 11

Oh golly. Bummer. Here's to hoping for quick treatment and pain relief. 

The older I get, the more aware I am of how easily humans are injured. ? Two/three years ago, I took my kids to a free trial family karate class...and tore my ACL. (Which required surgery and 6 months PT. *eyeroll*)

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Sad 2

I'm sorry about the surgery but hope it causes the healing to be perfect so you don't have chronic pain or any other issues.  I had plate/pins put in my ankle many years ago.  It took a long time to heal but I've never had any problems since and am very grateful.  Wishing you an easy surgery and quick recovery! 

• Like 1