Menu

What is the diaper bag trends for young moms?

lynn

I am not the best person to answer, but a lot of the young moms at church have backpacks.  They don't have the typical babyish print.  One has a light floral, I think another a dusty blue.

I am in the rural midwest, so we are typically behind the trends.

I'm not a young mom any longer, and I have never cared about trendy, but I love my diaper bag from LA Police Gear.  It doesn't look babyish and transitioned well to a mom bag, then a hospital/NICU go bag, and hopefully will go back to being a diaper/mom bag.  I hate carrying a purse plus a diaper bag, so I like something that holds my stuff as well as the baby/kids'.

• Like 1

The specialty baby stores around here sell Jujube bags along with a few others that I haven't looked at because they don't interest me.  They are spendy but have held up way better and are nicer than the generic bags I've had, and I've bought mine used for 1/3 to 1/2 the retail prices on FB groups or ebay.  They have a bunch of different versions, from large purse-size to backpacks to totes to messenger-style bags and tons of print choices.

4 hours ago, Liz CA said:

I see most parents and kids with backpacks - those could be used beyond baby years as well.

Yes, backpacks are "in" right now. It's actually hard to find a traditional tote bag style in stores. I'm probably going to have to end up ordering online.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liz CA said:

I too had the Lands End diaper bag, plain color and my ds used it as a duffel bag into his early teens.

I see most parents and kids with backpacks - those could be used beyond baby years as well.

I bought a Lands End monogrammed backpack diaper bag when DS13 was a baby; I bought it specifically because we were going on a trip and I figured wearing it on my back would be easiest. It does not look like a diaper bag; it is red nylon. I still use this very often as a backpack; this is even the one I took to France. I like the configuration of the pockets and zippers and I love the slot in the back that was once for a diaper changer pad, but now holds an ipad or laptop. 

My only regret is that it has my last name monogrammed on it. I could live without that at this point, or maybe if it had just my initials. 

2 minutes ago, Quill said:

I bought a Lands End monogrammed backpack diaper bag when DS13 was a baby; I bought it specifically because we were going on a trip and I figured wearing it on my back would be easiest. It does not look like a diaper bag; it is red nylon. I still use this very often as a backpack; this is even the one I took to France. I like the configuration of the pockets and zippers and I love the slot in the back that was once for a diaper changer pad, but now holds an ipad or laptop. 

My only regret is that it has my last name monogrammed on it. I could live without that at this point, or maybe if it had just my initials. 

Sounds like we had the exact same bag! Red nylon - skipped the monogramming though. :)

• Like 1

My favorite, though it's not particularly trendy, is a 31 bag. It was a gift, but I think it was a hostess prize.  It's reversible and has a thermal pocket that's big enough for a huge ice pack, two 12 oz bottles with lids, and a couple packets of squeeze baby food.  It's huge and has lots of pockets, one of which is big enough for my purse stuff. One of which is good for all the diaper stuff and a couple changes of clothes, and another huge area for random mom stuff that's always in my bag.