Menu

Emptying a menstrual cup in a public restroom ...

Momto6inIN

My 20yo dd uses one and apparently she was holding it squeezed into an oval, when it slipped out of her fingers and sprang into its original shape.  The contents went everywhere.  I heard the commotion & offered to help.  When I opened the door to their tiny bathroom, it looked like she was cleaning up after a murder.

Amber in SJ

• Like 5

My 20yo dd uses one and apparently she was holding it squeezed into an oval, when it slipped out of her fingers and sprang into its original shape.  The contents went everywhere.  I heard the commotion & offered to help.  When I opened the door to their tiny bathroom, it looked like she was cleaning up after a murder.

Amber in SJ

:scared: I have been using them exclusively for 15 years, and that has never happened to me! Never any messes at all, actually. 

• Like 2

I am a strategic cup user. If I'm going out, I use tampons, usually.

I have emptied in public, and it's not THAT big of a deal, but it definitely not the most fun I've had in a public bathroom.  On a scale of "actual fun" to "will never speak of again" it is closer to the latter.

• Like 4

I am a strategic cup user. If I'm going out, I use tampons, usually.

I have emptied in public, and it's not THAT big of a deal, but it definitely not the most fun I've had in a public bathroom. On a scale of "actual fun" to "will never speak of again" it is closer to the latter.

Well now I'm curious about the most "actual fun" you've had in a public bathroom???

• Like 5

My 20yo dd uses one and apparently she was holding it squeezed into an oval, when it slipped out of her fingers and sprang into its original shape. The contents went everywhere. I heard the commotion & offered to help. When I opened the door to their tiny bathroom, it looked like she was cleaning up after a murder.

Amber in SJ

This made me lol!

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

This is why I keep Ultra Tampons and Always Overnight Extra-heavy pads in the house... dropping a menstrual cup on a gross public floor bathroom was too much. I'll never use one on a heavy day outside the house again.

I can't use tampons and I'm at a 3 day speech/debate tournament with my kids sooooooo ....

not much choice besides a pad and as difficult as this was, those are worse!

My 20yo dd uses one and apparently she was holding it squeezed into an oval, when it slipped out of her fingers and sprang into its original shape. The contents went everywhere. I heard the commotion & offered to help. When I opened the door to their tiny bathroom, it looked like she was cleaning up after a murder.

Amber in SJ

Yikes! That’s what I’m sayin’. Wet fingers and a silicone cup filled with bodily fluids don’t mix.

Well now I'm curious about the most "actual fun" you've had in a public bathroom???

:coolgleamA:

Actually, no, just did some sound poetry stuff in college. Great place to record.

Nothing cool like brewing polyjuice potions, or visiting the secret ministry of magic entrance, or getting secret clues from ghosts... my goodness.  Never realized how important bathrooms are in Harry Potter books.

• Like 5

:scared: I have been using them exclusively for 15 years, and that has never happened to me! Never any messes at all, actually. 

Same!  Being out in public doesn't dissuade me from using my much-loved cup at all.  I pull out while sitting down and empty immediately into the toilet.  The worse that can happen is I'd drop it into the water, which would be gross, but that's never happened. The outside of the cup isn't usually slippery because it's not usually wet.  I wipe, immediately reinsert, use toilet paper to wipe any blood off my fingers (if there is any) and then go on about my business. 

Edited by milovany
  • Like 1

Amber in SJ

OMG I never thought of using one, but I will not for sure now!

These stories make me feel so much better! I've never spilled mine or even dropped it, so maybe my experience that prompted this thread wasn't so bad after all lol!

It was just - sorry, TMI alert -

the squickly sounding squlurp that I felt like everyone in the room heard and wondered what I was doing in there ... and then even though I quickly reinserted it blood still got all over my fingers and I didn't quite know what to do with them or how to pull up my pants as I came out to wash my hands (at home the sink it right by the toilet and all I do is lean over and wash them before getting up).

So individually packaged wet wipes are now on my shopping list :)

• Like 1