Menu

Could a little prayer tonight...

bettyandbob

Just to get through work. Really disappointed and have to deal with a lot of people while dealing with that.

This part of my continuing saga of trying to get a full-time position. I found out a couple hours ago I did not get the position that was at this employer. So it's kind of hard to come in and fo the same stuff I always do with a friendly smile.

Thanks.

Thanks, I got through it. 

Background: I have 4 jobs currently--all similar positions at different organizations

Job A is 20-35hrs/wk

Job B one part day

Job C one part day

Job D is a fair amount of hours, but only during a couple months a year

I would really like to get away from working 6 days or more a week. I really hate the hours spread all over. It's exhausting keeping track. 

The most recent job I applied for and had a second interview for was a full time position with a good salary at organization of B. My boss at A has really helped me build up all the right kinds of experience to move up. He was certain I'd get this job. He was so certain he told his boss and several others in management at A. For the last week I've had various people telling me how they will miss me. When this started happening I told boss I wish he had not done that. That just adds a layer of pain for me. I feel foolish. 

I got the phone call informing me as I finished at A today. So, I told boss on the way out. Then I went to B. I know one of my coworkers got the job. And I know I'm a lot better than her at what I do. But she has worked there longer. 

In between the A and B today. I had a phone call from D. Supervisor there set it up by email yesterday. I wasn't expecting to talk to her for a few months, so I was a little hoping that maybe they had an actual position I could apply for and that's why she called. No, she just wanted to set up some contract projects for me in several months. Oh, and she mentioned that she discovered she shorted my pay and would be sending more money soon. 

I haven't lost anything by not getting the job. I still have the jobs I have. I can keep on going the way things are. Tomorrow is job C. I'm going there on Saturday too--that's extra, don't usually do that. 

I sent an email and set up an appointment to find out where I fell short in the interview panel. That was offered when I got the call. 

I'm tired from my schedule. I'm tired from looking for jobs. I'm tired of doing what it takes to invest energy into this process, getting excited and being positive for each interview. Pumping myself up and having it not work out over and over is wearing.