Menu

I feel wretched

Terabith

My temp is over 100 after ibuprofen. My head hurts. My throat hurts. My eyeballs hurt. I'm weak and tired. And supposed to leave for eclipse on Sunday. Husband and daughter also sick, though their few days further into it and seem to be recovering. I don't want to spread germs, and all I feel like doing is laying in bed. I wish I had a mommy to take care of me and tell me I'll be better in time to do all the stuff we have planned.

• Like 1

Peppermint tea for during the day. a sleepy-time blend (chamomile, passionflower, valerian, hops, some combination thereof) will help 

you sleep at night so your body can work on healing. Also, as long as you're not sensitive to silver, colloidal silver will really help. It is microbial

and you can ingest it. If you take a spoonful or two of it, just make sure to follow up with a probiotic about 30 minutes afterwards.

Just some suggestions of what have helped us in the past. The KEY things, though, are really fluids (non-caffeinated) and REST.

Aw, don't give up yet. I just talked to my adult dd, who said she was hit suddenly on Monday by a flu-like sickness. She stayed in bed Monday and Tuesday, and off and on Wed. and Thurs., but felt well enough to go to work today (12 hr. nursing shift!), and actually felt good all day. So maybe it'll be gone quickly. I'm sorry you feel bad. :( 

• Like 1

We are going to put off leaving for our trip by a day. Hopefully that will be enough to recover. I slept pretty much all day yesterday, and temperature has stayed under a hundred. Feel better but still pretty sick and bizarrely dizzy. Hoping I'll be good to leave Monday. Sigh. I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time, but I don't want to get our friends sick.

Glad to hear that you could delay your trip by a day! Hopefully you'll be up to the trip tomorrow. :)

Dh is still resting at home today in hopes of making it back to work tomorrow. Oh the dizziness...that is truly the bizarre part of this flu. That and the constant cycling of chills and sweats. I can't wait for both of you to feel better!