Menu

Crud, I hit the like button

DawnM

before I really listened to the video.

Then I listened, and I had to unlike it.

But too late.  A couple of my friends asked me why I liked it.  They know I don't agree with that kind of stuff.

I didn't realize it would alert my good friends so fast.  

before I really listened to the video.

Then I listened, and I had to unlike it.

But too late. A couple of my friends asked me why I liked it. They know I don't agree with that kind of stuff.

I didn't realize it would alert my good friends so fast.

I wouldn't stress. When I see a FB friend has liked something out of character, I assume it was a thumb slip or some kind of error. Edited by Forget-me-not
  • Like 5

I agree with the above... but I'm kind of weirded out that your friends are asking about this at all.  Granted, I don't have very many people on my friends list at FB, but they vary widely concerning politics & religion .  I've never been called to task for "liking" something.  

Maybe it's because I mostly friend people I don't live near - maybe your close friends feel more comfortable asking about it?  

• Like 5

I agree with the above... but I'm kind of weirded out that your friends are asking about this at all.  Granted, I don't have very many people on my friends list at FB, but they vary widely concerning politics & religion .  I've never been called to task for "liking" something.  

Maybe it's because I mostly friend people I don't live near - maybe your close friends feel more comfortable asking about it?  

I'd just assume it was a mistake if I happened to see it. Nothing I'd ever comment on. 

DH has an aunt and uncle who are on the opposite side of politics than him. They send him a message anytime he likes something political. They often say that they will pray that he sees the light as well as send him links and articles about how his political views are wrong. He's had to decide if it's worth it to him every dang time on Facebook. I gotta say it's affected how I personally view them - DH just rolls his eyes and ignores the messages.

• Like 1

Yeah, they are close friends and we have been discussing exactly what was in that video, so it caught their attention.

Oh well.

• Like 1

I think it's weird to call people out for their 'likes' but I have one acquaintance who kind of stalks people and does that.  It's a bit alarming to see her pop up among people she doesn't know at all because one of her facebook friends liked a post, and berate the OP or something.  I think that that is rude.

IOW, it's not you, it's them.

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 3

I think it's weird to call people out for their 'likes' but I have one acquaintance who kind of stalks people and does that.  It's a bit alarming to see her pop up among people she doesn't know at all because one of her facebook friends liked a post, and berate the OP or something.  I think that that is rude.

IOW, it's not you, it's them.

I've got friends who have done this. I like something. Then they are there arguing with my friend about it. Makes me wish it was NOT set to allow replies by "Friends of friends"

Cause, I'm perfectly okay having friends who disagree with me on certain things. But I don't want to be the gateway that causes hassles to some of my friends that do not need more hassles because their life is busy enough!

• Like 2

Last night I wanted to "like" a comment on a non-friend's timeline.  Then I thought about all the people who might get curious and check out who is this SKL person who agrees with this opinion.  So I held back.  :P

I kinda wish there was a way to hide your likes from selected audiences.  :)

• Like 2

I have a neighbor who is into white power that I stay fb friends with mostly because I worry about his kids (he is a single dad) and I want to make sure they view me as a friend if they ever need anything, so I am friendly with him even though I despise the idea of white power. I have accidentally "liked" things I shouldn't have and had to unlike them. I should block him, but I also want to know what he's up to. 

• Like 2

Still rude, I think. 

It is interesting because from the particular folks who said something, I didn't think so, but from some others I would find it more rude.

I guess it just was the context of the comment.

• Like 2

Jeez, I have friends who like all kinds of things I don't agree with or that surprise me about them. I can't imagine hassling them about it.

I accidentally like things all the time while scrolling through Facebook.

• Like 2