Menu

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggh!!!

Seasider

Whew! He actually left quicker than I thought he might. Thank goodness he wasn't persistent as I thought he might be, only rang the bell once.

Funny thing, he pulled into my driveway. Repair and delivery folks never do that here, they always park on the street along the curb in front of my house. It just seemed a little... too close, kwim?

Anyway, I'm glad he's gone. I can sense my February slump starting to kick in, slept poorly last night, and I just had no energy to engage without having a few minutes to scan the forum for some of the witty comebacks I've seen other gals use.

Only just now has it occurred to me that I could have put on the Appalled Vegan skit.

• Like 6

Whew! He actually left quicker than I thought he might. Thank goodness he wasn't persistent as I thought he might be, only rang the bell once.

Funny thing, he pulled into my driveway. Repair and delivery folks never do that here, they always park on the street along the curb in front of my house. It just seemed a little... too close, kwim?

Anyway, I'm glad he's gone. I can sense my February slump starting to kick in, slept poorly last night, and I just had no energy to engage without having a few minutes to scan the forum for some of the witty comebacks I've seen other gals use.

Only just now has it occurred to me that I could have put on the Appalled Vegan skit.

Ha! The meat truck guy walked right IN to our house when we were in the midst of moving in. There was a moving semi parked across our driveway, with movers literally moving our household goods in to our new (to us) house, so the doors were propped open for that. The freaking meat guy walked right in to our kitchen to give his sales spiel. Needless to say he didn't make a sale that day and we "became vegan" from that day forward when he was in the neighbourhood. Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 1

Ha! The meat truck guy walked right IN to our house when we were in the midst of moving in. There was a moving semi parked across our driveway, with movers literally moving our household goods in to our new (to us) house, so the doors were propped open for that. The freaking meat guy walked right in to our kitchen to give his sales spiel. Needless to say he didn't make a sale that day and we "became vegan" from that day forward when he was in the neighbourhood.

Good grief! See, I was afraid if I even cracked the door a bit, he'd wedge a foot in.

I have to ask my husband if we need to put a no solicitation sign.  We have lived here 5.5 years (the longest place I have lived since I was an adult :001_smile:) and I know we have had the meat truck once (my first encounter ever and reported here at the Hive)  and also one time we had magazine sellers (the groups of teens or young adults dropped off to sell magazines). So not a lot of issues but I guess I don't want another meat truck, magazine sellers or tree cutters (I forgot about that one).

OMG-

I totally must live in even smaller town USA than I thought. A meat truck at your house?!

Hubby would come home to find me cowering under the bed😳

Lol, I live in a state where being vegetarian can still be seen as child abuse. We are extremely careful, and raise our kids to know it will always be their choice...but a truck delivering meat to their house would totally traumatize them:)

What in the world is a meat truck?!

Ah, a newbie!  ;)  It's a refrigerated truck or van, out of which people try to sell steaks and such door-to-door, and boy, do they give off a creepy vibe!  "Come out behind my windowless van, lady, I've got the cheapest steaks in town."  

If you google "meat truck well trained mind" you will be amused. 

• Like 6

My DH actually bought some seafood from a meat truck. We have our own freezer of beef, but no, we need boxes of fish, too. Some was decent, but some was so strongly flavored that I couldn't eat it. I never throw food away and I spit it into the trash. I am not big on fish, though. Never again.

One nice thing about living where I live, no solicitations!

Do you get Jehovah's Witnesses? We do. In fact I feel so badly that they trek all the way out here that we always let them in for a snack. They know we are not converting, and Ds has asked some doozy of questions, so now they just play with the dog and sit for a bit until they head out to wander again.

The population density is SO low. I have no idea why they have picked here. Seriously, it is like literally wandering in the wilderness.

Do you get Jehovah's Witnesses? We do. In fact I feel so badly that they trek all the way out here that we always let them in for a snack. They know we are not converting, and Ds has asked some doozy of questions, so now they just play with the dog and sit for a bit until they head out to wander again.

The population density is SO low. I have no idea why they have picked here. Seriously, it is like literally wandering in the wilderness.

No JWs either. Just no one at our door, ever. It's really nice. :)

they now avoid us because of the questions dh asks.  I've seen them on our street - and they walk on by . . .

Ah, a newbie! ;) It's a refrigerated truck or van, out of which people try to sell steaks and such door-to-door, and boy, do they give off a creepy vibe! "Come out behind my windowless van, lady, I've got the cheapest steaks in town."

If you google "meat truck well trained mind" you will be amused.

Ha! I have never heard of such thing. Off to google! 😆

It's a refrigerated truck or van

If you are lucky. One time it was an actual chest freezer strapped in the back of a pickup. That's when DH suggested that we put "Meat is Murder" signs in our yard to dissuade them from visiting. We eat meat that we seek out but not meat that comes looking for us.

• Like 1

If you are lucky. One time it was an actual chest freezer strapped in the back of a pickup. That's when DH suggested that we put "Meat is Murder" signs in our yard to dissuade them from visiting. We eat meat that we seek out but not meat that comes looking for us.

Oh, our meat truck is always a pickup with a chest freezer strapped in the back. It always looks pretty questionable. :huh:

One nice thing about living where I live, no solicitations!

If I ever get to your part of the country, I'm going to show up at your front door and try to sell you something "that every homeshool mom needs." I don't know what that is yet, but I wouldn't want you to miss out. :laugh:

• Like 3

Oh, our meat truck is always a pickup with a chest freezer strapped in the back. It always looks pretty questionable. :huh:

If I ever get to your part of the country, I'm going to show up at your front door and try to sell you something "that every homeshool mom needs." I don't know what that is yet, but I wouldn't want you to miss out. :laugh:

Don't forget the cord dangling!

Yes, I agree about soliciting at KINSA's house. What to sell, what to sell...