Menu

Dishwasher

frogger

What is your favorite dishwasher?

Has anyone been unhappy with a Bosch?

We are looking at ones with a water softener built in or we will have to install a softner for the whole home or as an add-on on the water line to the dishwasher.

I have been skeptical of dishwashers and have mostly used them for drying racks over the years but it would be lovely if I had one that actually worked.

Very unhappy with our Bosch. The button panels on kids play kitchens are sturdier and work better. In fact we gave up and started handwashing until we can replace it.

Also our water bill went down $10/month when we started washing by hand. And that's with constant running water (sink issues, can't plug it, long story).

Edited by BarbecueMom

I've heard so many good things about Bosch, but we couldn't swing the pricetag.  We found a floor model of this Whirlpool this past summer and though I wasn't sure how I'd like it, I was very pleasantly surprised -- I love it.  It is very quiet, super roomy and cleans well.  It has the filter that you need to clean out regularly, just like the Bosches do, and no hard food disposer.  It's a breeze to change the filter.

• Like 1

Very happy with our Bosch. Super quiet. We got the one with buttons all hidden on the top edge so when it's closed, you see nothing. It shines a light on the floor to tell you it's on. It's nearly silent. Sparkling clean dishes.

Agreed!!! We bought one about a year ago and love it!!!

Very happy with our Bosch. Super quiet. We got the one with buttons all hidden on the top edge so when it's closed, you see nothing. It shines a light on the floor to tell you it's on. It's nearly silent. Sparkling clean dishes.

We have the same style with the third rack for silverware and love it!! So quiet, works really well and I've been impressed with how easy it is to clean the filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My parents have an older Bosch, maybe 6-8 years? They've had a few problems with it and I don't think they'd pay the extra money for it again if they had a do over. Overall it's still going strong still, but one of the things my mom hates the most is their instrument panel because it's on the outside and some grandchild or another is always playing with the buttons and turning cycles on when it's empty or interrupting the cycle while it's washing. Sometimes adults unintentionally mess up the buttons by just leaning against it. If people live in your house go for the hidden control pane for surel!!

I like our Bosch, but we are one of those whose "handle/front panel" cracked and a couple of "button covers" came off.  Occasionally, it won't start and I will have to slam the front panel back into place.  They have may resolved this issue, but I have friends who experienced the same thing and theirs is a couple years newer than mine.  Ours is not a higher end model, but more middle of the road.  

• Like 1

I like our Bosch, but we are one of those whose "handle/front panel" cracked and a couple of "button covers" came off. Occasionally, it won't start and I will have to slam the front panel back into place. They have may resolved this issue, but I have friends who experienced the same thing and theirs is a couple years newer than mine. Ours is not a higher end model, but more middle of the road.

I'm relieved I'm not the only one with issues with this dishwasher! People just rave about them and mine has been a lemon.

It also will not run back-to-back cycles. Even if you turn it off and on again. It has to take a nap first. Lazy piece of junk.

We just got a new dishwasher so I can't say it is our favorite. I'm hoping it lasts because so far it is perfect. We do have an inexpensive water softener for the whole house since our water is quite hard.

Almost went with a Bosch but we ended up with a KitchenAid because of a sale -- we did not pay near the list price. I have never had a Bosch so I have nothing against them.

I don't have most European brands available. We live in Alaska so shipping and getting parts shipped can be a pain though we live a little over an hour from one of the biggest air cargo ports in the world. Figure that one out.

I'm glad to hear Whirlpool is good because our second choice would be whirlpool I think because if it works than I don't need something fancy or expensive. I hate the fact they all have heating elements on the bottom though. Even if I tell the kids to always turn it off the one time something falls off the top rack onto the element will be the time they forget to turn off the dry setting.

Instrument panels- that is one of three problems with our current Frigidair dishwasher, or shall I say drying rack for the past three years?

If I pay money for a Boesch it must have the hidden buttons and steel handle rather than an instrument panel you have to yank on every time you open it. But I'm struggling with paying almost twice as much as the Whirlpool. I only need to to actually wash the dishes and if the Whirlpool worked that would be an acceptable price but if the Boesch lasted longer than I would fork out the bucks but there is no guarantee either way.

I hate spending money.

Edited by frogger

I have a cheap Amana. It's about 6 years old. It gets my dishes clean and I don't pre-rinse except to get leftover food off the plate. Our water is good, so I'm sure that helps quite a bit. I gave trust issues with dishwashers. My mom bought an expensive stainless one (inside and out) and it died at around 4 years. My cheap one works great, but the cycles take forever and it's loud.