Menu

my mortgage disappeared! What the heck?

ktgrok

I would be super panicked.  I've heard of really bad bank mortgage horror stories, not any really good bank mortgage miracles.  I hope you find out that it is all ok tomorrow. 

yeah...years ago I did a loan modification on a mortgage. Made all the payments, everything was fine. Except the payment center forgot to tell legal, and my house was foreclosed on without me knowing it. It was actually sold. We found out when someone left us a note telling us they were the new owners!

It got straightened out, but yeah, I don't trust banks!

• Like 3

There is probably a system maintenance work going on that wasn't announced. We have a Wells Fargo account and their credit card account, bank accounts and mortgage account are on different servers. We have Citibank as well and sometimes maintenance downtime is announced in advanced and sometimes they just say it is unavailable at the moment.

There is probably a system maintenance work going on that wasn't announced. We have a Wells Fargo account and their credit card account, bank accounts and mortgage account are on different servers. We have Citibank as well and sometimes maintenance downtime is announced in advanced and sometimes they just say it is unavailable at the moment.

That may be it. Because another account DID show up, just not the mortgage. But different servers makes sense. 

yeah...years ago I did a loan modification on a mortgage. Made all the payments, everything was fine. Except the payment center forgot to tell legal, and my house was foreclosed on without me knowing it. It was actually sold. We found out when someone left us a note telling us they were the new owners!

That is horrifying!!!!

• Like 1

Things crash sometimes without any forewarning.  And, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your financial institution, it could be the service hosting whatever platform.   

I would be much more worried if your mortgage doubled  :laugh: !

Your house was foreclosed due to bank error AND THEY SOLD IT WITHOUT NOTIFYING YOU?!?!  WTH?

You have GOT to tell us that story.  Please.

Yup. And really, thats the whole story. We got behind due to medical bills (my husband at the time had just been diagnosed with congestive heart failure and was out of work) and so I called and spoke to the mortgage people. They did some kind of modification, where they took the past due payments and added them to the end of the loan. As long as I didn't get behind again all was well. So yay, all fixed. 

Until a month or two later when I get a note taped to my door from the NEW OWNER OF MY HOUSE!

The department that handled modifications didn't communicate with the department that handled foreclosures, and the foreclosure department thought we were still behind rather than those payments being added to the end of the loan. So they um, foreclosed. And the house was sold at auction! When I called it was crazy, they kept saying "we've never had this happen before". But it did get fixed...took about a week, a VERY long stressful week. 

I have had an account with Bank of America since 2000. I got married in December 2003 and changed my name at that point. Last month I started getting statements with my maiden name on them. It was odd so I called them to fix it, and they told me to fix it, I would have to provide all of the stuff I did in the first place to put my husband on the account and show them my marriage certificate and so on. They said it was easier to just go into a branch and let them deal with it.

So I went into a branch and they said they had NONE of my identification information in there. No drivers license number, or other ID number or anything. I provided them my passport, marriage certificate, proof of address and the whole nine yards and they straightened it out. It took about 10 minutes and it was done. Have yet to get a new statement though. 

I wonder if your account is old, and you have moved several times with it (the original account, like you opened a checking account, then later you got a mortgage) your information just disappears because it was on the old system. I may be grasping at straws though. 

Good Grief! Where you able to keep it? What happened with the "new owners?"

Good Grief! Where you able to keep it? What happened with the "new owners?"

Yes. The mortgage company contacted the judge that presided over the sale, and the sale was rescinded. We lived there another 2 years, with no problems. But man, it was a stressful time. 

Yup. And really, thats the whole story. We got behind due to medical bills (my husband at the time had just been diagnosed with congestive heart failure and was out of work) and so I called and spoke to the mortgage people. They did some kind of modification, where they took the past due payments and added them to the end of the loan. As long as I didn't get behind again all was well. So yay, all fixed. 

Until a month or two later when I get a note taped to my door from the NEW OWNER OF MY HOUSE!

The department that handled modifications didn't communicate with the department that handled foreclosures, and the foreclosure department thought we were still behind rather than those payments being added to the end of the loan. So they um, foreclosed. And the house was sold at auction! When I called it was crazy, they kept saying "we've never had this happen before". But it did get fixed...took about a week, a VERY long stressful week. 

How in the world is legal to foreclose without notifying the homeowner? 

That's just, wow.  Scary

Edited by Leav97
  • Like 1