Menu

My DS graduated Army BCT!

thessa516

Celebrate with me! My son graduated yesterday. It was so good to see him. He walks taller and I believe he's found some new confidence and pride.

He was laughing as he told me about his Battle Buddy. He was homeschooled and they have almost identical interests. My DS was expecting to meet very different people from diverse backgrounds... Lol!

Any WTMers have a DS that graduated yesterday? If so, feel free to PM. I know the soldiers name and hometown. My DS is grateful to have such a great Battle Buddy!

• Like 27

Congrats to him - and to you! Well done!  :hurray:

BTW, not nearly the same, but while in line to enter to room for the CA medal ceremony, my daughter met a girl from the other side of the country who'd done nearly the same things for each of the 4 areas, and, yes, she was homeschooled too. She calls her her twin. They've remained FB friends. Small world, indeed. 

• Like 1

It won't apply to the military.  Even for enlisted, the work hours can always be more than 40.  That is because you can't imagine in a combat situation deciding to stop fighting when you have reached 8 hours.  You also don't necessarily get a lunch break or any other break when you are in a fire fight.