Menu

As of this morning I have lost 15 lbs.

AND gone from a size 16 to an a-l-m-o-s-t size 8...They fit, but I need to flatten the tummy a bit before I'd want to wear them all day.

Yeah!!!!!! Celebrate!!!!

You ask how?

Daily core exercises:

Core Program by Peggy Brill

and

Stretches by Anderson

Weights/resistance bands:

A variation of the weight program in Brill's core. I don't have the machines so I substitute resistance bands. Lean muscle takes a lot less space than fat. I never knew just how true this is--I've not lost enough pounds to make this much of a difference!

Aerobics:

Adding a bit of jogging to my walking routine. I try to get out every day, but in reality it is probably 3-5 times a week.

Sparkpeople.com

This tells me how much of what I need to eat.

:hurray::party::) I just had to share it with someone!!!

15 pounds and down from a 16 to almost an 8? WOW! You must have dropped a lot of fat and added muscle - that's quite an impressive drop! Congratulations! Are you at your goal? I'm sure you're feeling a TON better!

I don't know how the numbers add up. I was always told that each dress size was 10 lbs....but that certainly is not the case here! I assume it has to be the exchange from fat to muscle.

I did not actually buy any size 16's. I tried them on and said they wereS O much more comfortable, but I refused to put the money down for them. I squeezed into my elastic-waist 14's until I had troubles zipping up and bending over. Ugh.

I don't know. Some where along the way the whole thing just exploded inside me and I said, "ENOUGH!" and decided to go whole hog on weight loss and getting in shape. No more of this trying little tricks of eating 1/2 portions or skipping snacking (and then not really doing it).

I find that if I eat right but don't exercise, I can maintain my weight loss. If I add jogging to my day, I start losing weight IF I continue to eat right. The weight lifting is awesome, though. I've finally come to an understanding of just how one feels when the weights are just right--almost too tired to do the last two lifts and still keep the posture right. I've not been doing any work around the place because I have two strong boys to help, and when I lift anything around the farm, my ribs pop out of place (OUCH). I suppose I was really losing muscle faster than I had known. It feels good to be toned up again.

Thanks, everyone!! It is fun to celebrate! I want to lose a few more pounds--I've still a bit on my tummy that has to go. When that is slimmed down a bit, I'll just maintain. When I got married, I weighed a full 20+ lbs. less than I do now, but I was underweight. We'll see where I settle in as "ideal"--at least I hope I can keep the momentum going!

AND gone from a size 16 to an a-l-m-o-s-t size 8...They fit, but I need to flatten the tummy a bit before I'd want to wear them all day.

Yeah!!!!!! Celebrate!!!!

You ask how?

Daily core exercises:

Core Program by Peggy Brill

and

Stretches by Anderson

Weights/resistance bands:

A variation of the weight program in Brill's core. I don't have the machines so I substitute resistance bands. Lean muscle takes a lot less space than fat. I never knew just how true this is--I've not lost enough pounds to make this much of a difference!

Aerobics:

Adding a bit of jogging to my walking routine. I try to get out every day, but in reality it is probably 3-5 times a week.

Sparkpeople.com

This tells me how much of what I need to eat.

:hurray::party::) I just had to share it with someone!!!

YAY!! That great! Congrats!

I'm impressed because you've done this all without any fancy equipment -- that's the kind of program I keep hoping to construct for myself. Mind if I PM you for really specific information like brand names of your resistance bands, etc.? You can't imagine how easily I let little piddly stuff like not knowing what to buy get in my way!

Congratulations, Jean!

I'm impressed because you've done this all without any fancy equipment -- that's the kind of program I keep hoping to construct for myself. Mind if I PM you for really specific information like brand names of your resistance bands, etc.? You can't imagine how easily I let little piddly stuff like not knowing what to buy get in my way!

Congratulations, Jean!

Certainly you may. You might be surprised at how, um, innovative (?) I am when it comes to using what I own. LOL! But it is working!

J

Good for you!

Keep excercising, though, when you "stop" your "diet." Muscle does weigh more than fat--a lot more--but as you've discovered it's extremely dense.

Numbers on the scale are practically meaningless: it's body size which counts.

I won't stop exercising because if I don't do my core program, my back gets too sore to move (ask me how I know). I also am dealing with cholesterol/bone density issues. Exercise is going to be who I am from now until I can no longer move. LOL!

Thanks!