Menu

When Amazon doesn't sell what you want to order

UmMusa

I think Amazon is getting worse and worse with non book, non used book stuff. It feels like a clearinghouse for off brand stuff made in China. I am starting to doubt the reviews too but maybe that's my paranoia showing.

I wanted to buy Phillips sonicare toothbrush head replacements, which I have bought there earlier. ALL I could find was off brand stuff. I even bought some by mistake. I'm sure they are there but incant scroll 10 pages to get to them...

I am buying a higher percentage of things from eBay Sellers now and fewer from Amazon Sellers and even fewer directly from Amazon.  Which reminds me that I need to check on eBay, to see if the book I want to buy is available at a lower price from an eBay Seller than on Amazon...

• Like 2

The problem I'm starting to encounter is that Amazon (and Walmart) won't deliver some things to my new zip code (where dh is already living) because it's so remote.

I'm starting to panic a little about moving out there.

Reminds me of when dh's parents lived in a remote part of WV. FedEx called them--they had a letter--and were hoping the IL's were coming into town to pick it up so FE wouldn't have to drive it out there. "Town" was 1.5 hours away and they only went once a month for groceries so it was going to be another couple weeks before they ventured to town again.

The problem I'm starting to encounter is that Amazon (and Walmart) won't deliver some things to my new zip code (where dh is already living) because it's so remote.

I'm starting to panic a little about moving out there.

That is most definitely panic-worthy.

Washing Soda (and the other ingredients for the laundry detergent I make) I get from Wal-Mart.  It's the cheapest and they have all the ingredients together in one area.  I only need to buy it every 14-15 months and that is literally the only time I set food in a Wal-Mart.  I'm in and out fast since they have everything I need right together.  They do sell Washing Soda at my regular grocery store, too, but they are missing some of the other things I need for the detergent.

• Like 1

I get crazy when Amazon doesn't sell whatever it is. I don't mind so much when there's a small markup on Amazon - I find that they often have a decent price, but not the cheapest. When you consider the convenience and the free shipping if you have Prime, it's clearly the better deal. For something big and specific, I'm usually, okay, whatever, but when they simply don't carry something small, it makes me nuts. 

• Like 1

Yeah once in awhile this happens.  And it could be something so dumb.  Conversely I am often surprised when they DO sell something.  I once needed a new seal for my dishwasher.  I went to 3 local stores and nobody had it.  They offered to order it.  I decided to just go home and try finding it on-line.  Last place I checked was Amazon.  Not only did they have it, it was cheaper than anywhere else AND WAYYY cheaper than locally.  Plus it fell under Prime shipping.

• Like 2

What is a good price? This is 5lbs for $12.26

Jacquard Products Soda Ash Dye Fixer 5 Pound https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009IG1CO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_HklTwbAJJD7YK

I'm seeing almost seven pounds for $11. http://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Super-Washing-Soda/dp/B00K6ON8BI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1454721862&sr=8-3&keywords=washing+soda

I don't know what it costs at a place like Walmart, though.

• Like 1

Yes. It's under $4 in Fred Meyer (Kroger) so $9.24 is too much and it's an Add-On item! I ended up getting out today and bought a box at the store.

After I used it, I opened a cabinet in my laundry room to store it in and found a plastic container full of .... washing soda that I've had for a few years and forgotten about.

• Like 1

Yes. It's under $4 in Fred Meyer (Kroger) so $9.24 is too much and it's an Add-On item! I ended up getting out today and bought a box at the store.

After I used it, I opened a cabinet in my laundry room to store it in and found a plastic container full of .... washing soda that I've had for a few years and forgotten about.

This totally sounds like something I would do! :)

• Like 1