Menu

I need help with a "fun" gift for my 6 year old nephew :)

AimeeM

... and I need it to be eligible for Amazon's 2-day Prime delivery. 

I purchased him a bunch of necessary clothing for Christmas already when Macy's did their Cyber Monday deals... but all of the Minecraft related toys that he has asked for either aren't shipping in time for Christmas, or will only "maybe" get there by Christmas (he lives in a different state).

I do have a 6 year old boy myself, but Nephew's interests are way, way different than DS6. The only love they share is Minecraft; otherwise, Nephew loves to play soccer, enjoys art, loves legos, and enjoys reading. I have another Strega Nona (he loves the series) in my Amazon cart ready to go. His mom would prefer no super messy art supplies (they rent, so the flooring is an issue if he stains it) and I have no clue which lego sets he already has, so I'm trying to steer clear of those.

I'd like to spend no more than $40 more on his gifts.

Any ideas?

Do you know what types of Lego sets he enjoys? My 6-year-old is into Chima and Ninjago and relatives are getting him themed accessories like a Ninjago alarm clock or watch:http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_toys-and-games?k=Ninjago+alarm

My son also loves soccer and is excited by shirts, water bottles, bracelets with soccer balls on them.

Lego-themed shirts and pajamas

Stomp rockets

Lego board games

Hopper ball

Foam pogo jumper

Can you email his mom to find out what Lego sets he has/wants?

You could still do a Lego set -- my ds has duplicates of some sets such as Star Wars stormtroopers or whatever that having extra is a good thing.

A quick amazon search showed several Minecraft Lego sets that are eligible for 2-day shipping.

Can you email his mom to find out what Lego sets he has/wants?

You could still do a Lego set -- my ds has duplicates of some sets such as Star Wars stormtroopers or whatever that having extra is a good thing.

A quick amazon search showed several Minecraft Lego sets that are eligible for 2-day shipping.

I wasn't finding any lego minecraft sets, that weren't $60+, AND that were currently in stock (the ones I saw were "expected back in stock on December 19th," then by the next day it said, "expected back in stock on December 21st," which isn't consistent enough for me to chance it making it there by Christmas.

Quick note - my mom and I are helping my sister with presents for Nephew, so some (or all) may be marked from Santa, so getting it there by Christmas is a priority for me.

My mom took my 6 year-old to a local toy store and he picked out the same magnetic dart board posted above, he played with it for quite some time. She also got him a fun remote control car called Turbo Twister, it is hard to explain but a little different than a regular remote control car.  They had one out to play with and a couple people bought one after seeing my son play with it.  Otherwise what about a soccer rebounder or a knee hockey goal/stick set?