Menu

Do you have a "trademark" wedding gift? Something that you give at every wedding?

I have started giving a nice mirror to the wedding couple. It's something we were given and still have and I even remember who gave it to us. So I've started a tradition of that's the gift that we give. I get them at Hobby Lobby when they are on sale and it's a nice well received gift. I've found one style that I like and also get words to go on them. Things like, Love Hope Peace etc.

Anyone else have anything that they regularly give.

Phlox

I do a take on framing the invite. Depending on the couple and how well I know them, it will either be a fairly simple, but elegant frame or I'll use a piece of artist's canvas that's already mounted and make a kind scrapbook page of the invite and maybe some pictures or other things of meaning if I know the couple well.

After doing this for the weddings, I've had several friends ask me to make things that are similar to hang on the walls of nurseries.

I have started giving a nice mirror to the wedding couple. It's something we were given and still have and I even remember who gave it to us. So I've started a tradition of that's the gift that we give. I get them at Hobby Lobby when they are on sale and it's a nice well received gift. I've found one style that I like and also get words to go on them. Things like, Love Hope Peace etc.

Anyone else have anything that they regularly give.

Phlox

This and $$ :001_smile:

If it's a couple that I don't know well, I just give something off of their registry. I surmise that they wouldn't have registered for it if they didn't really want it. Besides, I'm a practical gift-giver - I want to know that my gift will be used.

One of my most treasured wedding gifts is a VERY nice set of measuring cups. I think of the woman who gave them to me almost every time I use them.

My dh works with college students so we are invited to LOTS of weddings.

For summer, I give a picnic ice chest (with a picnic set inside, plastic plates, cups, etc).

If the couple has eaten at our home a lot, I give glass baking dishes with recipes they have raved over.

If the couple has been single a long time, living on their own, and therefore have lots of "household items," I often give a photo album.

One of my most treasured wedding gifts is a VERY nice set of measuring cups. I think of the woman who gave them to me almost every time I use them.

After 28 years, I too remember the person who gave me a very simple wedding gift - a Tupperware Mix and Pour. Money was tight for this woman, and yet she choose something I have used for so long and just about every day. Every batch of muffins have made me remember her and her love.

I get a really nice card...make sure to sign our full names and "hope you enjoy this beautiful gift we picked with you in mind"....put the card on the pile

Then hope someone else gave them a really nice gift and forgot the card!

Not really, we usually give gift cards one for bride (Bed, Bath & Beyond or Victoria's Secret and one for the groom (Home Depot, or whatever guy intrest he has).

I get a really nice card...make sure to sign our full names and "hope you enjoy this beautiful gift we picked with you in mind"....put the card on the pile

Then hope someone else gave them a really nice gift and forgot the card!

Ha! Funny...wish I'd thought of that. ;)

I do like the idea of a nice mirror. I usually buy something off the wish list, as long as it's not something stupid (I'm practical, so I'd rather buy them practical stuff off their wish list).