Menu

I need "man" help. (no bashing involved--and any male input is welcome)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK what is he waiting for!!!! We are SO ready for this date - down to the earrings and the aqua sweater- does he not realize that there is a virtual verizon(WTM) network following you around living vicariously through you and watching his every move????? Iy Iy Iy

Taking a breath now..... whewww :chillpill: Let's think rationally:

At least he waved and smiled a few times. I would say that if he really was having second thoughts he would not have done that. I think df is right- just be patient (ugh) not my strong suit (can you tell?)

Besides, this says- he's not in a rush which is good.

Well, if he checks his work schedule like my DH checks his work schedule, you could be looking at November for this date! I agree with Tree House Academy; the next time you see him, go up and make nice conversation and ask if he knows his availability for your dinner get-together yet. He might also be nervous and thinking you might have changed your mind, or asked out of obligation or something (that's how my mind works, anyway :001_rolleyes:). Reassure him (subtly) that you'd really like to see him for dinner, and see where that gets you.

Good luck!

I agree with your friend, I would wait it out too. I would wait for him to come to me, it's his turn if he is really interested. I mean he was suppose to get back to you about the date right?

I agree!

I know it's a little controversial in some circles but...have you read the book "The Rules"? I think the old-fashioned advice in that little book is great! You might want to fiind it at your library if you haven't read it.

I wish someone had counselled me in "the rules" way when I was young. I plan to have my dd read it when she's of dating age. If I ever find myself in the market again (heaven forbid!) I'll follow "the rules", too.

Nothing yet. I saw him at church, he smiled at me several times, he waved, but no conversation, nothing.

My friend told me to wait it out.

I'm befuddled.

Whadda you mean waved???

How big is this church?

(((((((((((mega-church?)))))))))))

Who didn't walk over and say hello? HELLO!

We are not worried. But we needed to launch a "charm offensive" :D

Bill (who is beginning to understand how Henry Paulson is feling at the moment :tongue_smilie:)

It might have been me who didn't walk over to say hello. It might have been me who's petrified of looking desperate or needy.

*sigh*

(church size is about 400; maybe 200ish on Wednesday night)

The good news is....you were led to a twice-a-week church, so we get a little grace.

Little being the operative word

Just remember, it's kind of hard to do "the maneuver" when he's not in "fawning" distance :D

So what kind of shirt was he wearing?

Bill (who's going to be ripped apart by she-devils if this goes wrong, and reminds you that you don't want that on your head :tongue_smilie: )

And it's not going to go wrong. Have courage!

The good news is....you were led to a twice-a-week church, so we get a little grace.

Little being the operative word

Just remember, it's kind of hard to do "the maneuver" when he's not in "fawning" distance :D

So what kind of shirt was he wearing?

Bill (who's going to be ripped apart by she-devils if this goes wrong, and reminds you that you don't want that on your head :tongue_smilie: )

And it's not going to go wrong. Have courage!

Ok, I get it. I need to be near enough to fawn to actually do the fawning. If I don't hear from him by Sunday, I'll try again Sunday.

Oh, and he was wearing a navy blue polo shirt, tan dockers. He looks good in blue. :D

1) I used two huge cloves of fresh garlic. :D

2) We chatted today; he's out of town from Wednesday on, so we're shooting for next week.

Another friend who knows him well confirmed that he's not blowing me off; if he said yes, he means it. Right now, it's just getting a day.

So, I guess I'll be patient. I'm not very good at patient. :toetap05:

Ok, honestly, is anyone else a little nervous about not having a date set yet? What does Bill think? Why can't he come on Monday or Tuesday if he's not going to be gone until Wednesday? It's been a full week since you invited him!!!

I haven't been on a date since I got married at 19 years old. Is this how it works? All this waiting?!? I can't stand it!!!! :tongue_smilie:

1) I used two huge cloves of fresh garlic. :D

2) We chatted today; he's out of town from Wednesday on, so we're shooting for next week.

Another friend who knows him well confirmed that he's not blowing me off; if he said yes, he means it. Right now, it's just getting a day.

So, I guess I'll be patient. I'm not very good at patient. :toetap05:

Promising news!!!!!