Menu

Any interest in LGBT social group (or is there already one)?

Joker

Would any parents here be interested in a social group for those with children who are not straight? Actually, just any place here to seek advice regarding issues they may come up with those of us who need it. It doesn't have to be just parents but could be members themselves who may have insight. 

No one has to answer here, you can pm me. 

• Like 4

Me too! Although I've recently learned the groups aren't as private as I thought. Someone using Tap a Talk on her phone was able to read my posts. I don't know why that surprised me, but it did. I know it's impossible to be completely private. It's colored how I share things though.

Happy to see all the responses here and via pm!

I will have access to a laptop later (all are being used now for homework) and will see about setting up a group here. I don't think a Facebook one would work as not everyone here uses it.

Anyone have ideas on how private? I think they can be setup to be invitation only and then are more private? I really have no idea.

Me too! Although I've recently learned the groups aren't as private as I thought. Someone using Tap a Talk on her phone was able to read my posts. I don't know why that surprised me, but it did. I know it's impossible to be completely private. It's colored how I share things though.

This. For whatever reason when I use tap a talk, I can read all the social group threads, including the private ones. I think I can also respond. I wasn't paying attention to where the threads were located and didn't realize until I tried to view a thread on my computer that it was restricted. I had subscribed to that thread via tap a talk because my ds had similar issues, but couldn't unsubscribe on the computer. l unsubscribed from the thread once I saw it again on tap a talk. I don't know if it's just me or if this is the case for all tap a talk users. Just wanted to agree with Night Elf.

This. For whatever reason when I use tap a talk, I can read all the social group threads, including the private ones. I think I can also respond. I wasn't paying attention to where the threads were located and didn't realize until I tried to view a thread on my computer that it was restricted. I had subscribed to that thread via tap a talk because my ds had similar issues, but couldn't unsubscribe on the computer. l unsubscribed from the thread once I saw it again on tap a talk. I don't know if it's just me or if this is the case for all tap a talk users. Just wanted to agree with Night Elf.

I don't use Tap A Talk but for those who have run into this issue, perhaps the moderators should be made aware?  

There are many layers of privacy in the private chat groups.  I wonder if Tap a Talk allows access to all private chat groups or just up to a certain layer of privacy?  Some of the truly private chat groups include some extremely sensitive topics.  This is definitely a concern.

• Like 1