Menu

Update in #1. Where the heck did I put my passport?!?

Tsuga

Update: You all did not suggest that maybe the love of my life could have tucked it away in a safe place the last time he cleaned out his car. You know, a safe place like a paper bag in the corner of the garage. I had left it in his car at the time because I lost my license  on a bike trip, and brought the passport with me as photo ID in case anything happened.

Luckily I am sharing a life with the most wonderful guy in the world so he took time this morning to look through all of his junk drawers and found it for me.  :001_wub:

• Like 20

No way I would put it in a book.

I checked the old backpack and the interview backpack (which is the one I use now, but which has many pockets).

I will look underneath the files. They aren't hanging but it's worth a shot. Thanks.

I checked the file with the paperwork from my job. Not there.

Though, I might have to take everything out and go one by one by one, through every last paper. I kind of did that but... hm. Just thinking, where else could I have put it?

• Like 1

Did you check in the file where you have your employment stuff for your job?

Did you have anyone (worker or whoever) come into your house, prompting you to hide stuff of value?  Where would you stuff valuables if some random person was coming?  I know people who stuff money, passports, jewelry in the back of their underwear drawer etc.

Do you have a "to do" or "to file" pile that you haven't dug through lately?

Do you have a place where you keep stuff you take traveling, e.g., travel cosmetic kid, electric adapters?  Could you have put your passport with that, so you "wouldn't forget where it was"?

Did you check behind your dressers, bookshelves, etc?

• Like 1

I checked the car, which I have to vacuum frequently due to pine needles and messy kids.

I think behind the dresser or something is my best bet. Otherwise it better be hidden in papers, or I'm screwed!

In your safe deposit box alongside all the other passports, social security cards, birth certificates, pink slips (titles?) for cars, mortgage papers, wills and savings bonds etc.

I have an envelope in the kitchen for stuff that has been taken out, used, and is ready to go back to the bank box.  Maybe it is in there?

(amazed that more people do not have bank boxes!!! What if there is a fire? Theft? Plus then I know where everything is!)

• Like 1

In your safe deposit box alongside all the other passports, social security cards, birth certificates, pink slips (titles?) for cars, mortgage papers, wills and savings bonds etc.

I have an envelope in the kitchen for stuff that has been taken out, used, and is ready to go back to the bank box.  Maybe it is in there?

(amazed that more people do not have bank boxes!!! What if there is a fire? Theft? Plus then I know where everything is!)

I do the same with the envelope to transport between safety deposit and home, or else I'm sticking it in a random place and forgetting about it. 

Pippen, still looking for a birthday card I stashed somewhere....

• Like 1

So, it is definitely not with all the important stuff where it ought to be. I went there expecting to find it.

It is not behind anything we can think of. I did not use a purse or a folder for the interview. I will however check at the front desk on the off chance I gave it to them and they didn't return it!