Menu

Important question - LOL What is your favorite store bought hot tea?

I love sweet iced tea with lemon, but have never tried hot tea (and don't drink coffee). I looked today and was a bit overwhelmed at the options. Where do you start?

I like Celestial Seasons, especially the Zinger teas, Nutcracker Sweet (which is a Christmas seasonal tea) and the Apple Cinnamon. They sometimes have variety boxes with a couple bags of several different teas.

Rooibos tea is also good. Tetley has a line of this.

I love sweet iced tea with lemon, but have never tried hot tea (and don't drink coffee). I looked today and was a bit overwhelmed at the options. Where do you start?

In a pinch, Lipton will do :-) but I'd rather buy Twinings, which is available in many grocery stores; sometimes I can find Taylor and Harrogate tea. If it's Twinings or T&H, I like a "basic" black tea, such as English or Irish Breakfast tea; Darjeeling is nice. I can only bear Earl Grey once in a while because of the bergamom added for flavoring.

I like to put milk or cream in my hot tea, not lemon. Honey is quite yummy, too.

Last time we moved, my good friends helped label the boxes, and we had 4 of just teas and tea accessories. I had to laugh at the labels: "Tea", "More Tea", "MORE TEA", and "TEA -- really, you have ENOUGH!" :D

My favorites are:

Tazo anything, but especially the Calm tea on stressful days

Celestial Seasonings rooibos teas (particularly Moroccan Pomegranate Red) but not their regular black/green teas

Republic of Tea Earl Greyer

If you like chai, I recommend Celestial Seasoning's Bengal Spice...add a bit of cream/milk and some honey. It's not quite chai, but it is heavenly.

I LOVE the Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread Spice tea! Yummy, especially with heavy whipping cream! Making me thirsty just thinking about it. It is a holiday tea, so during the year (if I'm unable to stock up!), I just order it and have it delivered. Otherwise, I like English Breakfast tea (decaf).

Stash is one of my favorite brands. They have several very nice flavors. Earl Grey is a strong tea that is wonderful with sugar and half and half (though it is wonderful on its own too). They also make a tasty Chai Spice. My other favorites are Constant Comment and English Breakfast Tea. All of those are black teas and are wonderful.

HTH!

Warmly,

Kate

At any given time I have at least 20 different kinds to choose from. I drink tea daily--mostly hot.

I also have a hot water dispenser by my kitchen sink--primary use is for tea!

My newest favorites include just about any 'tea' with Rooibos in it. This stuff just CANNOT become bitter...most regular teas will become bitter if steeped too long. I recently shared some with my dd15 who is starting to drink tea. When I go to the store today I will purchase a box just for her--so I do not have to share mine! I have a neat system for making a shopping list so I do not run out of a favorite.

I go through quite a bit of Vanilla Chai every month.

In recent years I have started drinking more decaffeinated tea--but I do drink caffeinated a few times a week so I do not get migrains when we eat out (and I usually order tea).

If I choose to sweeten my tea stevia is my first choice. Agave nectar is also very good and does not mess with my blood sugar level.

DH purchased 2 different tea pots and gave me a nice gift certificate for STASH teas for Christmas and our anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor of Harrogate Yorkshire Gold....it's store bought from London...lol does that count. DH went in and asked what's the best tea....um there are as many opinions on that as there is between coke and pepsi...lol. Lipton got the most votes from those giving dh their input.:rolleyes:

Well, you can make hot tea with any tea you buy in the store, as well as iced tea. The only difference is in how much you make and how you drink it :D

I don't care for herbal teas like Red Zinger or any other others. I like a good black tea, such as English or Irish breakfast tea or Darjeeling. Even "regular" Lipton makes a decent cup of tea.

I like my hot tea with milk (or cream...preferably cream) and sugar or honey. Lemon is for iced tea only :-)

Twinings is commonly found in most grocery stores. So is Bigelow.

For black tea I like Broken Orange Pekoe and dh likes Twining's Lady Grey.

For herbal tea I like the Celestial Seasonings teas, especially the cherry, blueberry, spiced mandarin or lemon (I put one bag in a flask full of water and it does about four cups which I drink throughout the day).

Tea is HUGE in our house. The kiddies have been drinking decaf herbals since they were old enough to hold a cup! Celestial Seasonings Teddy Bear Tea (mint and chamomile) is probably the most requested by the kids. They also enjoy Twinning’s (decaf) Green Tea. My favorite caffeinated tea is Twinning’s Darjeeling. My favorite decaf is Republic of Tea Ginger Peach (which also happens to make the BEST iced tea!).

Guest Virginia Dawn

I've tried some great lemon teas lately: Natures Best ginger lemon and Bigelow's Lots of Lemon.

I also like Constant Comment, Sleepytime Tea, Plantation Mint, and anything with orange and spice.

Although I love coffee, tea is much easier on my stomach so I have become a convert. Stash Tea's Earl Grey is divine! I add a bit of cream and sweetner, or quite often I use flavored creamers people use in coffee (i.e. hazelnut or vanilla nut, etc.). Just experiment with flavors that you like and also with porportions.