Menu

Ignore this thread!

I had a dream that shih tzus took over the world. I hate shih tzus. There are a few exceptions, but it was not an ideal situation.

Awwww, I like shit tzus.  The shelter had several of them.  I also learned to like//understand chihuahuas while there.  Not a lot going on upstairs for many of those purse dog breeds. :lol:

They would be terrible at running the world, though.  I'd give the world to a large breed.

• Like 4

Thank you so much!  I think we're getting pizza tonight, playing games and loading his car.

:grouphug:

Dawn, how many kittens were born?

4. I will try to get another picture up later. Dh says it is the most beautiful litter of kittehs we've had. I agree. They are pretty.
  • Like 3

Well, I did not get the job at the church. Just got an email. 

I'm actually ok about it, though to not get a job always stings your pride a bit. :) 

There were some scheduling issues that John and I were concerned about, so that worked out well. 

I've had a feeling I didn't get it for about a week now, but I just didn't have the official word. 

Now, to figure out what the heck to do. lol 

I wonder if I could convince my husband to let me work from home....

:grouphug: On not getting the job. 

Work from home sounds lovely.

• Like 3

Well, I did not get the job at the church. Just got an email. 

I'm actually ok about it, though to not get a job always stings your pride a bit. :) 

There were some scheduling issues that John and I were concerned about, so that worked out well. 

I've had a feeling I didn't get it for about a week now, but I just didn't have the official word. 

Now, to figure out what the heck to do. lol 

I wonder if I could convince my husband to let me work from home....

I'm sorry, Mary! That is a bummer. I am sure something will come up soon!

I have made pinto beans in the IP from dry.  They were fabulous.  I added garlic, jalapenos, cumin, onion, chipotle peppers, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and pepper.  We made burritos out of gf tortillas, which fell apart.  Little dd and ds13 ate them.  I had only beans.  Ds15 refused to try even one bean...because beans.

that sounds absolutely delicious!

I had a dream that shih tzus took over the world. I hate shih tzus. There are a few exceptions, but it was not an ideal situation.

I don't like little dogs, either. I like big, manly dogs! 

Thank you so much!  I think we're getting pizza tonight, playing games and loading his car.

sounds like a good evening!
  • Like 4

Boy today after Latin quiz-- "Mom, I don't know what's wrong with me. I couldn't think, so I'm mad; but at the same time I keep thinking of something funny and I want to laugh. What's wrong with me?!"

Poor boy. Combination of hormones and hunger. Bad cocktail, dude.

• Like 6

To be honest, I'm pretty ticked off that they asked me for an interview the day before they wanted to see me and, then when I was unable to go, they basically said "Well, sorry." 
I have never had a potential job call me the day before. It was weird. But, oh well. Not much I can do about it.  :laugh: 

Matt made good money with Uber and Lyft. Between $10 and $20 an hour. He didn't drive much because it was his second job, but money's money. Some women are not comfortable with the idea, but Matt felt completely safe and encouraged his little sister to do it so that tells you how he feels. He can no longer do it because our car is over 10 years old.

If we lived in the bigger city, John would probably do that; but it wouldn't work around here. :(

((Mary))  You've got small town dynamics, right? I'd look tutoring, being an elderly companion (driving them to the grocery store, light housekeeping,etc.) and online stuff. 

We're having beef soft tacos for lunch. 

I'm definitely going to look into the tutoring and the online stuff. 
There are some corporate jobs at Bass Pro. John is all gung-ho about me working one of those, mainly because he could use my 40% discount.  :lol:

Mary, Outsource.com is an online editing thing I read about recently.  If you have an eye for editing, it might be worth a look.

Oh, I'll check into that! Thanks!

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 3

Ok, so saw this "Meet in Person" thread next door. Do you think that ever works on forums? Or would that just be weird and awkward? I always thought it would be weird and awkward, but maybe that's just me.

I have met lots of people from this board including hosting a meet-up at a local park.  It wasn't awkward at all.  Not everyone became besties though.  ;)

• Like 4

Ok, so saw this "Meet in Person" thread next door. Do you think that ever works on forums? Or would that just be weird and awkward? I always thought it would be weird and awkward, but maybe that's just me. 

Well, I hope not. Cause if I ever become a squillionaire we are absolutely having the ITT Meet in Person at my private lake. :laugh:

• Like 10

A lady just came over to dd14 and gave her a lecture on improving her posture so that she doesn't get scoliosis! :lol:

#Iagreewiththelady

#itdidabsolutelynothingtoimprovedd'sposture

#it'snotahillthatI'mgoingtodieon

Parenting involves too many things. I'm pretty glad my kids don't hit each other. On some days that's about all I've got.

• Like 8

Parenting involves too many things. I'm pretty glad my kids don't hit each other. On some days that's about all I've got. 

On some days I don't got that!

Currently listening to two boys arguing about who can have volcanoes on islands in separate imaginary lands, because it might be copying. :glare:

• Like 6

I was driving down the road this morning with kids all in the back of the van. Suddenly --- thwump! --- something hit me on the head.  Then again --- thwump! --- something hit the floor next to me.  And then --- thwump! thwump! thwump! thwump! thwump! ---  the sound of WWIII exploding in the backseats.

It was ds1, still in his carseat, happily emptying the contents of my travel bag full of OB tampons.

When I was finally able to pull over, my laughing children collected over a dozen of them.   

• Like 9

On some days I don't got that!

Currently listening to two boys arguing about who can have volcanoes on islands in separate imaginary lands, because it might be copying. :glare:

Well, since that is how islands are formed in our real world, they are both copying reality. Nothing imaginary about that. Tell them both to go back to the drawing board.

For example, my island was formed by a giant pooping in a puddle of melted ice cream. Bet they can't top that.

Can you tell I am avoiding work at the moment?

• Like 5

I was driving down the road this morning with kids all in the back of the van. Suddenly --- thwump! --- something hit me on the head. Then again --- thwump! --- something hit the floor next to me. And then --- thwump! thwump! thwump! thwump! thwump! --- the sound of WWIII exploding in the backseats.

It was ds1, still in his carseat, happily emptying the contents of my travel bag full of OB tampons.

When I was finally able to pull over, my laughing children collected over a dozen of them.

Now THAT is a child with imagination. WWIII bombs!

• Like 4

Bummer about the job, Mary :(  I hope something better lands in your lap. 

I'm back from the thyroid biopsy. I managed to not cough while being jabbed in the neck - yay! 

I got up at 5:30 this morning & didn't go to bed early so I'm kind of tired. I'm considering a nap. Or ice cream. Or both. 

• Like 8

For example, my island was formed by a giant pooping in a puddle of melted ice cream. Bet they can't top that.

No, can't top that one. We do, however, have an armored car that is fueled by recycling magic created from dragon snot.

• Like 3

I've met some boardies IRL (mostly from other boards).  One of my bosom friends came from an internet board.

A lady just came over to dd14 and gave her a lecture on improving her posture so that she doesn't get scoliosis!  :lol:

#Iagreewiththelady

#itdidabsolutelynothingtoimprovedd'sposture

#it'snotahillthatI'mgoingtodieon

THIS IS AWESOME. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I put vanilla ice cream in my coffee today.

"Clouds in my coffee.  Clouds in my coffee."

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 6

I just reminded one child to brush his/her teeth and got flack.  But if I don't, he/she will get plaque.

I eschew plaque.

Talked to my nervous aunt who always sounds like she is hiding in a bomb shelter in the middle of a tornado.  Cousin R does not have an address so I cannot mail his gift card for his marriage.  I worked up my courage for a whole week to call for the address, and now I have to wait for it.

Called the odd father because the email said his Instant Pot arrived today and left a message.  Need to ask him how his odd friend with the Bad Problem is doing. She was supposed to get a friend to drive her back to the ER to have her Bad Problem tended to yesterday.  I fear she has driven herself, and since she could hardly walk when I was with her and required assistance from me to climb stairs, this is a Bad Idea.

I will now see what I can make with beef stew meat in the IP instead of stew.  Oh, the odd father is calling...

• Like 4

Spoke with the odd father, and his odd friend is resistant to making an appointment with the family doctor I recommended.  She is resistant to all medical care.  She told my odd father all the reasons she cannot go to a doctor.   She did say she would call me.  She trusts me now, and I may need to give it to her straight about getting a doctor because at her age/health, you cannot just sit around with no doctor.

• Like 2

Awesome! Who has to collect the snot? I hope they get hazard pay. 

My understanding is that the snot was provided free of charge by an evil dragon to the local bad guy in exchange for a crack at the hero of the story. Somehow I think that local bad guy is getting a raw deal. Or at least a slimy one.

• Like 3

I've met some boardies IRL (mostly from other boards). One of my bosom friends came from an internet attachment parenting board.

THIS IS AWESOME. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Clouds in my coffee. Clouds in my coffee."

Love that song.

I just messed up the singer, though, oops. Lol

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1

Dh agreed to eat some of my beans (he doesn't eat beans) and then squirted about a quarter cup of ketchup on them. Who does this??? :confused1:

Your son husband.

Do I win a prize?

Le sigh.

Edited by ikslo

As I feared, DS utterly melted down at the news of no PE, claiming that he will not attend the class again... and so I thought it over and sent a gentle, civil break-up email to the head of the Parks Department, explaining that while we understand that things happen once in a while, they have been happening far too often, and we're not doing Parks & Rec classes any more.

They can give back the money, but not the time, you know? This happens all the time with them. The outside instructor didn't mean for the class to be offered this day/time; or the city employee is sick, and apparently they don't have subs; the room is in use for something else; or not enough people signed up (um, if you told me sooner than the day before, I could've gotten more people to sign up), whatever, on top of the inevitable weather issues. And then I have an angry, miserable puddle of kid.

So I'm all done with that.

• Like 4

To be honest, I'm pretty ticked off that they asked me for an interview the day before they wanted to see me and, then when I was unable to go, they basically said "Well, sorry." 

I have never had a potential job call me the day before. It was weird. But, oh well. Not much I can do about it.  :laugh: 

If we lived in the bigger city, John would probably do that; but it wouldn't work around here. :(

I'm definitely going to look into the tutoring and the online stuff. 

There are some corporate jobs at Bass Pro. John is all gung-ho about me working one of those, mainly because he could use my 40% discount.  :lol:

Oh, I'll check into that! Thanks!

Mary, I thought the same thing (bolded)!  I was so surprised when you said you didn't get it.  I thought sure they would call you back for a different day. 

The scoliosis lady is now singing tunelessly near us.  Singing!  In the library!  Quick, Ikslo, hand me the air horn!

Wow!  And she has the nerve to notice poor posture????? 

Bummer about the job, Mary :(  I hope something better lands in your lap. 

I'm back from the thyroid biopsy. I managed to not cough while being jabbed in the neck - yay! 

I got up at 5:30 this morning & didn't go to bed early so I'm kind of tired. I'm considering a nap. Or ice cream. Or both. 

Glad it went well!  You deserve ice cream and a nap!

Dh agreed to eat some of my beans (he doesn't eat beans) and then squirted about a quarter cup of ketchup on them.  Who does this???   :confused1:  

A non-bean eater?  Come here and cook beans for me - I will eat them - no ketchup!  :drool5: :001_tt1:

I just reminded one child to brush his/her teeth and got flack.  But if I don't, he/she will get plaque.

I eschew plaque.

Talked to my nervous aunt who always sounds like she is hiding in a bomb shelter in the middle of a tornado.  Cousin R does not have an address so I cannot mail his gift card for his marriage.  I worked up my courage for a whole week to call for the address, and now I have to wait for it.

Called the odd father because the email said his Instant Pot arrived today and left a message.  Need to ask him how his odd friend with the Bad Problem is doing. She was supposed to get a friend to drive her back to the ER to have her Bad Problem tended to yesterday.  I fear she has driven herself, and since she could hardly walk when I was with her and required assistance from me to climb stairs, this is a Bad Idea.

I will now see what I can make with beef stew meat in the IP instead of stew.  Oh, the odd father is calling...

You are a poet!

It was my husband!  

No prize for you!  (Soup Nazi)

:lol:

:lol:   (I'm outta likes!)

ETA:  ACK!   It's a MULTI-QUOTE BOOYAH!!!!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 6

Imma go take the girls for their mile walk. Then I said I would listen to the next installments of the manuscripts that my boys have been working on while noshing on bon-bons and lying on the bed with the old cat. I think I can handle that. :laugh:

• Like 4

I have assaulted the Castle known as the local children's hospital and have finally gained admittance over the moat and into the inner sanctum of the cardiology department.  I hadn't realized that we would be triaged over the phone and would have to give a complete medical history at the drop of a hat.  Dd was nearby though and fed me her symptoms as I gesticulated wildly in her direction. 

• Like 8