Menu

Ignore this thread!

I love Bruce Hornsby.

I read The Night Before Christmas illustrated by Niroot Puttapipat.  It's stunning.

The pot roast came out pretty tasty - not quite as good as my mom's but getting close.  

Little Pup pooped on the front door rug.  The kids haven't been giving him time to poop after peeing and I need to tell them to be more patient and let him sniff around for an extra minute.

We watched Die Hard and ate leftover Advent snacks.

It's a Christmas Movie Booyah!

Deck the halls with cows and holly,    
Boo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ya!    
'Tis the season to eat red velvet cake,      

Don we now our strechy pa-ants,    
Wow I didn't know this song referenced booze,    

Happy birthday Jesus! 

Edited by Slache, 2016

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Happy Boxing Day!  Not entirely sure what Boxing Day is, but I think this is it.

Took Little Pup out at 5 and tried to get back to sleep without success.  Now praying that the coffee kicks in so I have the courage to do All The Things.  Take pup out again, stop by store on the way to Row class, row classs, then bank, then home then drive dd17 and Co to winter camp where they are staffing.  Then home again.  I will need plenty of

Coffee!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!,~D

if Susan says today is Boxing Day, then Boxing Day it is.  The week between Christmas and New Years is always some kind of nebulous No Man’s Land in my opinion.

The house is a complete wreck. I need to do something to it today. Laundry, too. Tomorrow the girls and I are going to the coast for a couple of days so I need to get things ready for that, too,

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I really just ate too many cookies.

Me too.   I feel like I should just eat salads for the next few days to purge my system of the massive amounts of sugar and fat I've eaten.  

Oldest dd has a friend who is a professional pastry chef and dd brought over a box of her Christmas cookies.  Soooo yummy.   I'm not even sure how many cookies I ate yesterday.

We also had chipped beef gravy and biscuits for breakfast.   So good but so not healthy.  

• Like 4

I'm slowly finishing up my second cup of tea and deciding what I'm going to do today.  I have work to do both paperwork at home and stuff at work.  I want to go to Joanne's to see if they have clearance Christmas fabrics because I want to make some gift bags to use instead of wrapping.  I should go by the pet store and get a rat for the snake we're babysitting and fish for the turtle.  

But I didn't sleep well and I'm tired.  It feels like a good day to be lazy.  

• Like 4

The kids were very happy with their gifts. It was a fun morning. We had a nice breakfast, lunch and fantastic dinner. Unfortunately, I ended the night laying on the bathroom floor for a couple hours with horrible stomach pain and sure I was going to be sick. Ended up with no vomiting, just the other problems so was good I stayed in bathroom. 3rd night in a row of little sleep. Today, I'm being lazy. My stomach feels better. I think it was too much rich food and sugar.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I took Little Pup to the vet per breeder's request (they ask you to do a checkup within 5 days of bringing pup home) and vet says everything looks good.  Now waiting for the guy to come and replace our garage door. Little Pup is in his crate taking a nap.

Dd14 is going to winter camp this afternoon.  Fortunately I don't have to drive her there myself - just to the meetup place.

Coffee!

• Like 2

We had a nice day in Monterey.  The aquarium was absolutely packed. I am surprised they let that many people in. We saw the whole thing rather quickly because you just couldn't stand and absorb the exhibit. Baby was extremely uncomfortable, the other two girls were moderately uncomfortable. I was just a little mad because the tickets aren't cheap and we only stayed a couple hours. We had a horribly expensive lunch on Cannery Row and then took a tour of 17 Mile Drive. That was a definite hit.

• Like 2

The morgue called and said I had to pay for my father's cremation or the county would sue me. Is this a thing? My uncle is listed as next of kin, but he said it doesn't matter. 

I assume he was trying to make money because he also shamed me for "abandoning" him and said my dad would be "sitting out" for three months which is "undignified" if I don't buy a package now.

He said I can pay for an inexpensive package now or the county will sue for significantly more. Like $1,200 vs $10,000. It's California. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Slache said:

The morgue called and said I had to pay for my father's cremation or the county would sue me. Is this a thing? My uncle is listed as next of kin, but he said it doesn't matter. 

I assume he was trying to make money because he also shamed me for "abandoning" him and said my dad would be "sitting out" for three months which is "undignified" if I don't buy a package now.

He said I can pay for an inexpensive package now or the county will sue for significantly more. Like $1,200 vs $10,000. It's California. 

Ugh.  It does sound shady.  I think the person's estate is responsible for paying for the expenses and no one else is legally obligated to pay for anything.  Don't be concerned about things being undignified.  That guy is a poopoo head.  I'm hoping there is a website or something that can give you some guidance.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Slache said:

Wow, that's crazy. I would definitely be looking into that. I don't think the County can do that, but go down there and ask. 

I just reread. He''s in California? Don't go down there, then.

I was curious, so I Googled it. Didn't really find an answer. Maybe talk to someone from a funeral home and see if they can give you some guidance. 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Slache said:

This sounds like a scam.  Are you sure it was the morgue that called?  Were they trying to get you to give a credit card number over the phone?

I agree that it's the estate that is responsible for paying.   They certainly wouldn't be making threats about payment within days of death.    No government bureaucracy works that fast, and they would send you a bill, probably registered mail definitely not a phone call, long before they would sue you. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

This sounds like a scam.  Are you sure it was the morgue that called?  Were they trying to get you to give a credit card number over the phone?

I agree that it's the estate that is responsible for paying.   They certainly wouldn't be making threats about payment within days of death.    No government bureaucracy works that fast, and they would send you a bill, probably registered mail definitely not a phone call, long before they would sue you. 

I would agree with this assessment.  Especially about the lawsuit aspect. I think you would just get a bill. But not for a while. It's a scam. 

• Like 2

I don't think it was a scam scam, just a real salesman being scammy. He knew my uncle was next of kin. And he didn't want my payment info, he wanted to connect me with a real funeral home and was ready with options. It seemed like he would get a referral fee because what he really wanted was for me to pick a place and call immediately and he had the cheapest one available because he knew the situation. I do know funeral homes pay for referrals because I know someone who worked for one.

I don't care about "dignified". I see no dignity in death. Awful thing to say though. 

• Like 4