Menu

Ignore this thread!

17 minutes ago, Junie said:

I just started bullet journaling a few weeks ago.  What do you mean you finished? You did a whole year all at once? 

I've been doing it for years and I know there are some collections I know I'll want to reference all year so I put them up front with my future log. I have...

Future log and year at a glance together. 

Captain's log. This is memories in 12 boxes for 12 months.

Gift ideas.

To be read.

Budget. I address this yearly and want the record, so this isn't used, just a reference for the future. 

A long term to do list. So not "dust" but "create a recipe book".

• Like 3

Cookies are done and in the freezer.  Soup is done and what wasn't eaten for dinner has been placed in the freezer.  One pew bow was made but I want to take it to church and see what it looks like on the pew.  Wedding guest favors are half done.  Imma work on my puzzle for a bit.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Now we're losing 1-4.

Maybe play against other grown-ups next time. Those teens could run circles around me, I'm sure.

I also have my bujo set up, with fancy starry washi tape in a cheap graph paper notebook. I've had trouble with future log formats in the past, so I'm trying a frankenlog.

iCoffee.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Fri-yay!!

Park day for work, plus numerous other problems to solve.

Girls lost their game 5-1. They have no subs, and were playing through some minor injuries, so it’s no wonder. DD got a cleat in the knee and it was swollen up last night, so we had a frozen corn ice-pack on it.

My puzzle is going well. It’s hard, but I am making progress.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 73349 said:

I also have my bujo set up, with fancy starry washi tape in a cheap graph paper notebook. I've had trouble with future log formats in the past, so I'm trying a frankenlog.

iCoffee.

I don’t bujo (tried for one year)but my Bible study journal looks like a frankenlog. I start with a $0.78 composition book from the Afsa and make a pretty cover for it with that paper that comes stuffed in Amazon boxes. I use a lot of colored pens, but what I like is that I can print off and glue in portions of commentaries that I don’t feel like hand copying, yesterday I realized I needed to add something a couple pages back, so I used a piece of notebook paper, and glued that in as another page. I have been doing it for years and when I get to the end of the book, it’s a pretty hefty, crazy looking piece of work, but it’s extremely personal because for me, a cheap composition book is more of a “blank slate” than a pretty pre-made journal and I don’t feel uncomfortable making of it what I want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon!

My new sil's step-mom is in her last hours and so it has been difficult to focus on anything else today, but I've gotten a few things done here and there.  I'm about to get out the Advent calendar drawers and start getting that set up for Sunday.  I need more drawer fillers.  The girls are going to help set up for their scout fundraiser breakfast in a little while and I'm going to a row class.  

Oven baked bbq ribs and rice for dinner tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

How is this possible? Did your body "forget" your allergies? 

Yes. Our vet used to be severely allergic to animals but when she got into her 40's she just stopped being allergic.  I think sometimes your system realizes it isn't under attack from "allergy thing" and stops acting ridiculous.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yes. Our vet used to be severely allergic to animals but when she got into her 40's she just stopped being allergic.  I think sometimes your system realizes it isn't under attack from "allergy thing" and stops acting ridiculous.

But that was through exposure, kinda like allergy shots. Junie has complained abstained I believe? But I think after a certain number of years your body stops making markers and you essentially forget your allergic to things. I think. I need to learn more about this. I like Junie's reasoning.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Slache said:

But that was through exposure, kinda like allergy shots. Junie has complained abstained I believe? But I think after a certain number of years your body stops making markers and you essentially forget your allergic to things. I think. I need to learn more about this. I like Junie's reasoning.

Yeah probably.  But if your body arbitrarily decides to react hysterically over a Thing, it can probably also arbitrarily stop reacting hysterically over that Thing.

p.s. I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV.  But I DID recently replenish our supply of bandaids.  So.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Today was better. Crazy busy with 3 dr appts and 2 other appts. Not much school accomplished. But better. Tonight we moved the furniture and made the room feel much more spacious but then gave me 2 bare walls that I don't have time to decorate and highlighted a bad spot on the sofa. So, we (well, my very nice dh) moved it all back again and we may be getting some new things in the new year to make it work. Everyone liked how much bigger it was.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

The girls left for the scout thing at dark o'clock (they are playing Christmas music) and dd20 left a few minutes ago.  The boys and I will head out in a little while.  Then I have to banish the goat and the girls and I will go to dd's wedding shower this afternoon.  At some point I need to run to a grocery store.

Coffee!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

p.s. I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV.  But I DID recently replenish our supply of bandaids.  So.

Yes, well, DD1 considers her addiction to Greys Anatomy sufficient medical training for her to perform neurosurgery, so I think bandaid replenishment can qualify you as an allergist.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Now I get to tell the kids another relative is dying. I wouldn't care, except that Alex desires a big family so badly and frequently asks about extended family. He's supposedly in a coma. He spent the entire rehearsal dinner trying to talk Matt out of marrying me and then commented on my appearance every time he saw me, so I'm not going to miss him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

On 11/25/2023 at 8:36 PM, Slache said:

Is Noodle in the other movies? I haven't read the book and she doesn't sound familiar. 

No, it's a new character, along with some others- Noodle's employers, Wonka's mother, and some others. Wonka is like a prequel to the other movies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I went to bed last night with a slight headache, woke a bit before 5am with a raging headache. Got up and took ibuprofen chased by milk. Went to bed and was nauseated. Got up and drank a double shot homemade cappuccino. Sat on the sofa for 30-40 min. Gingerly got up a bit after 6 and it was gone! Decided not to miss a workout day since headache was gone but then decided to pick up the garage deciding to move fast to make up for no workout. I did so much before the kids got up. Packed the Thanksgiving decorations. Got some donations sorted. Picked up a lot! Sorted my returns from black friday. Organized the Pantry. Whew! Had a great time. Then went to the store with dd3 and completed returns, grocery shopped, dropped off donations at 3 places, did library returns and picked up holds, then came home, got about 3 loads of laundry put away (started washing early am), then slightly moved furniture and dh is going to mount tv to wall, more Christmas decorating. Just felt like the best day ever. I can't believe the headache subsided, half my head and my face hurt (the face was unusual). Then I had so much energy! And I got so much done! Maybe, I should drink coffee more often!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Afternoon!

Happy Saturday!

Christmas party this morning and choir rehearsal this evening.  The holidays are in full swing.  We have started decorating and we have eggnog in the fridge. 🙂

Full swing is crazy. It's Dec 2. I need to start planning earlier next year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dianthus said:

I have no idea about current movies. Is this a prequel to Chocolate Factory? Are these Johnny Depp movies? I didn't watch his Wonka movie or Alice and Wonderland. The covers look creepy.

No, not Johnny Depp. Timothee Chalamet (no idea who this is) stars in it, as well as Hugh Grant and Keegan Michael Key, Rowan Atkinson, and other stars. This movie tells the backstory of Wonka's climb to famous chocolatier. Or something like that.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Kristi, this year buy two sets of candles. 😁

I woke up before 6 with the realization that the choir was singing in services this morning.  Yikes.  So got the coffee started and woke up choir people so they could get there in time.  Dd17 didn't want to sing so we went to early service and Sunday school and now are home getting some things done.  

Once the choir people are home and have had some lunch we'll go to the dollar store for birthday presents for dd20. Then I'll try to figure out how to use the coffee percolator for hot apple cider and get things out and set up for Advent.  I made a document with readings and songs for the candle lighting.  Everyone else gets to clean.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day

Also the Nirthday of my 3rd child, dd21!

So I was up extra early to make Nirthday breakfast and then open gifts and then she was off to school and I scrambled around to get a couple things done before heading off to String Quartet.  We played a nice Mozart, which I'd played before, and a random early 20th C Czech composer, and then tried to redeem ourselves with a Brahms which failed miserably so we soothed ourselves with a movement from Haydn and called it a day.

I've just finished my lunch and done a couple tasks in the middle of typing this and we will need to leave for the Beautiful University Campus in a few minutes for lessons and choir and then I'll run a couple errands after dropping the girls off at scouts.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Did I tell you that we got carolers at the house last night?!?  The first time ever!  We were just gathering around to do our Advent candles and heard singing outside.  It was so fun, though everyone was weirdly dressed in Santa and elf costumes while they sang The First Noel.  😂 It was sweet, nonetheless.  I wish I'd have thought quickly enough to brought them some cookies or something.

• Like 4