Menu

Ignore this thread!

I set up a schedule for posting ads on Instagram and Facebook so today I have to go and catch up with all the ones I didn't do this past week because I was tired.  

Some work at the science center straightening up/organizing since we have an Open House this coming Friday.  

Finish setting up Summer Camp registration (people register for summer camps way ahead around here).  

I have to figure out some issues with my Quickbooks so that things will download properly so we can do our taxes.  We are going to try and do them ourselves with Turbo Tax or Quickbooks this year since they aren't that complicated really.   

Oh yeah, and I probably should do some laundry at some point.  

ETA:  A boring list of what I have to do this weekend booya.   How disappointing.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We had a ton of rain last night again so things are still flooded since it didn't go down that much from the last bit of rain.    I don't think we got quite as much as they were worried about though.

Now it's 60 degrees. sunny and beautiful outside.  A gorgeous day.  

Tonight it's going to drop into the 20's and we're getting snow "possibly heavy at times" tomorrow. 

This is definitely going to be an interesting winter.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Taylor ham, egg and cheese on a hard roll is a standard diner breakfast (or middle of the night) around here.  I'm in the diner capital of the world. 

We had egg, cheese, and crispy bacon on a Kaiser roll.  So yummy.  The kids thought it was tasty but not sure it warranted it's reputation, lol.

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:  

I'm almost done with the prednisone, which doesn't seem to have helped the issue that much.  And now that my CT scan is at least temporarily cancelled, I'm thinking about what I could do that might help both issues.  

Is there a local place that will do a CT scan for a low out-of-pocket price?  I had to do one recently and it was $50.

• Like 3

We are concerned about Weather.  Here I think it will be OK - the sun just peeked out and hopefully it will help dry off the roads before the Big Freeze sets in.  I am not interested in driving down the mountain on an icy highway.

More concerning is the potential snowstorm happening at home just as our plane gets in.  Historically it will be Much Ado About Nothing but possibly will be Snowmageddon, making it difficult to get home from the airport.  According to the current forecast, it won't be starting until about noon, which may give us time before the roads get too bad.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Which Elizabeth Elliot book is it?  I might try to find it.

“Being Elisabeth Elliot” by Ellen Vaughn. It’s the second book in a two-part biography. I read the first part and it was good, but I just don’t like Elisabeth Elliot and I still don’t. Vaughn is a good biographer. She’s a very good writer. She tells the truth, warts and all. I do like this second book a lot more than the first, though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We had egg, cheese, and crispy bacon on a Kaiser roll.  So yummy.  The kids thought it was tasty but not sure it warranted it's reputation, lol.

Is there a local place that will do a CT scan for a low out-of-pocket price?  I had to do one recently and it was $50.

That's what dh suggested, just paying out of pocket.  I'm going to wait and see what the doctor says since maybe she just needs to recode it or something for it to go through.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is what the river I live on looks like right now.  The usual bank is just on the other side of the split tree that is making an X with its reflection, kind of where it looks like you can see a current.    The current basically marks the usual banks of the river.  If you look closely you might see a bench just sticking out of the water next to that tree.  

river.jpg

• Like 5

Finished returns at five different stores. Phew! All done with that, thankfully.

And I had a good time at the church fellowship.

Dh is making sesame chicken for dinner and it smells really, really good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We are back from the funeral.  It was nice - almost all of David's family and some cousins and some long time family friends were there.  It is nice when you can honor a person for their good influence in your life and also make jokes about their idiosyncrasies.  The burial won't be until the spring or summer due to frozen ground.

Tomorrow we will spend the day at Grandma's house and help pack up things and try to make other decisions, which hopefully I will not have to weigh in on.

The reception afterwards was catered by Grandpa's favorite restaurant in town and I had a wiener schnitzel sandwich and potato salad that were out of this world.

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Sunday.

I'm trying to decide how lazy I feel like being today.    There's nothing I need to do at work urgently, especially since I don't have my CT scan in the morning anymore so can go in to work at my normal (early) time and have time to do things before my first class.    I'm not working in my upstairs storage area until I'm sure my back is completely better since I don't want to reinjure it for the third time in a few weeks by doing too much.   It's not urgent since 99% of what we use regularly is now downstairs.

That leaves laundry at home (which definitely will get done) and.........

I do have a few things to print, a couple classes to plan, there's always other cleaning that could be done.

I need to figure out an issue with Quickbooks but I feel like my brain needs to be shooting on all cylinders for that to be a good idea and it's just not these days.  Dh has already said we're not planning to do our taxes until March so I will have a full week off work before that comes up.  It might be better to just do a few of the easier fixes and leave the bulk for when I have more time/energy/brain capacity.  

• Like 2

Good morning!

We have had a quiet lazy morning and will leave in a few minutes to Grandma's house.  Helping with packing things up and maybe financial issues.  Otherwise we don't have any plans.  David's brothers and their families are really thoughtful, kind people and I am glad we can spend time with them.

Cell service is still spotty.  I can usually get a signal if I stand by the kitchen window, but sometimes even that one bar isn't enough to get a text through.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday. It’s a holiday Monday, though. And it’s foggy out. The girls and I are off, but DH and DS are at work.

The girls have soccer practice and I am going to have to put in some work hours. There were some things due on Friday and I just didn’t get done.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Good morning!  It’s The Queen’s favorite day!

Greetings from the Albany International Airport.  Our flight has been delayed an hour due to snow happening in The Big City.  We’re not sure how or when we will get home from the airport.  

Yesterday we spent the day helping pack up Grandma’s things and cleaning up the house a bit.    

There were a few minutes of frantic searching when we realized Grandma left her teeth in her fila-o-fish sandwich box that was subsequently thrown out into one of the many black trash bags.  But we found it.  Whew. 😅

There was a dramatic snow storm for a while which caused me a great deal of anxiety wondering how we would get off the mountain but someone (an FBI special agent) volunteered to drive us down so all was well on that front.  

Now we are just hanging out - it’s a nice, quiet airport.  I might read a bit and get some lunch.

Coffee!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Our flight has been delayed another couple hours.  I'm wondering if we will be flying home tonight.

Nope.  We are staying in Albany.  We were able to get on a one-way flight tomorrow for twice the cost of our original flight and are hoping this flight will actually happen due to more snow tomorrow.  Then we will have to see if we can get home from the airport etcetera, etcetera, etcetera!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Nope.  We are staying in Albany.  We were able to get on a one-way flight tomorrow for twice the cost of our original flight and are hoping this flight will actually happen due to more snow tomorrow.  Then we will have to see if we can get home from the airport etcetera, etcetera, etcetera!

That's awful, Susan. I would send you some chicken pot pie if I could.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

Busy day!! I have one meeting with a family. They are always a delight. And then I have a million other things to get done on my computer. I am late turning in work samples, but there were too many other things to do last week. I kind of wanted to get some work done yesterday, even though it was a holiday, but I ended up doing stuff for church instead. And helping Baby with a school project, and cleaning out a closet.

I wonder if it’s foggy out. Yesterday was very foggy. If it’s foggy today the girls may have a fog delay for school, which will further complicate my day.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

That would be amazing.  It's freezing outside - a perfect night for pot pie 🙂   We had pizza delivered and that was quite tasty.  

Pizza is good, too. I hope you are able to get on your way today.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Greetings from the Snowy Albany International Airport!  So far, our flights are still "on time" though our plane isn't here yet.  We've been watching the snowplows do their thing.  I was able to view the TDOT traffic cams and it looks like the roads are passable from the airport to the general area of our house once we get home.

A plane just took off and it was cool to see the giant wake of kicked-up snow follow it's path down the runway.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

THUTHAN!

Where are you? 

I am in Charlotte, NC.  Our connecting flight home was delayed, then cancelled, and the best they could do was a flight tomorrow night.  We will try to get on standby for something earlier but I am not holding my breath.  In fact I will be shocked if tomorrow’s flight actually happens.

Why did my room lights just go off?

OK they’re back on.  

Anyhoo we are in a hotel again.  They sell ice cream at the little self-service shop by the front desk.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Wednesday.

Schools have a delayed opening today but since I don't start until 10am, we just open at our normal time.  One of my teachers will be out since she said roads aren't good by her.   I asked another teacher to cover but I doubt we will have full attendance today so I figure we can cover if we have to.   

My blood/urine results are finally in.    Looks like my cramping/abdominal pain may be due to a bladder/kidney/something infection, WBC are high in both blood and urine.    My cholesterol and LDL are WAY high, but my HDL and all the ratios are fine.   Surprisingly, my A1C is good not even prediabetic (seriously, that's very surprising).    Everything else is pretty good.  

I have an appointment with a nurse practitioner this afternoon.  Not the one I originally saw since she's not available for another week and it seems like at least the infection stuff should be addressed right away.  

Dh thinks they'll want to put me on statins, but from what I've read in the absence of prediabetes and with decent ratios, they may wait and give it time with diet/exercise/etc.    I find the results a bit scary so have every intention of doing what I can to bring it down naturally.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1