Menu

Ignore this thread!

7 hours ago, Spirea said:

Hmm. I wonder if we should go see it for our anniversary? We probably haven't gone to a movie theater in at least 13-14 yrs.

I would definitely recommend it.

Hey, I got a Booya/h. It’s a Top Gun Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ds17 asked to go to the walk-in clinic again today, so that's where we're going as soon as we're dressed.  He's really just not feeling any better and it's been almost 2 weeks with this mess.  I wasn't terribly impressed with the doctor we saw last week, so we are going to a different place this morning.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I forget how much days like yesterday (Father's Day) take out of me.  Add to that a Monday and sick kid and I'm all full of angst and indecision.  I did manage to get a couple things done and I puttered around the flowers a bit and took ds26 to the mechanic's to pick up his car - so far, so good.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Someone who doesn’t know how to make good pizza.

It was a frozen gluten free pizza.

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I will have gf pizza at our first night of our 41st high school reunion on Friday. It will absolutely kill my blood sugars but I am trying not to create any waves. 

Hopefully it won't have kale on it!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don’t think that I would mind kale on pizza 🍕

It’s not that I dislike veggies on pizza. I do like them. But only mushrooms, olives, roasted red peppers, bell peppers…. Papa Murphy’s has a gourmet garlic chicken that has spinach leaves on it and green onions and I really like that.

• Like 3

So, we have five cats now. One just showed up a couple weeks ago and stayed. She has a collar on her and she’s as friendly as can be, so she had a home at one point. I think she’s a she. Or she’s a neutered male. Anyhow, she’s got a pretty coat…. kind of grayish calico, but very subtle markings. We named her Pixie Stick. And she’s the only cat who actually likes Goldi. All the other cats hiss at poor Goldi and all he wants to do is play. But Pixie likes him. So now he has a friend.

I just looked it up. She is called a dilute calico.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

So, we have five cats now. One just showed up a couple weeks ago and stayed. She has a collar on her and she’s as friendly as can be, so she had a home at one point. I think she’s a she. Or she’s a neutered male. Anyhow, she’s got a pretty coat…. kind of grayish calico, but very subtle markings. We named her Pixie Stick. And she’s the only cat who actually likes Goldi. All the other cats hiss at poor Goldi and all he wants to do is play. But Pixie likes him. So now he has a friend.

I just looked it up. She is called a dilute calico.

No Lost posters up in the neighborhood, Nextdoor, or Facebook bulletin board? Or even Craigslist, sometimes people will post there if they're looking for their pet.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Pup has taken his morning constitutional and the trash bin has been set out.  I don't really have any other set plans for the day.  I need to send a text and find a book to read.  Either a page-turning thriller or light comedy.  I'll send the text now...ready, set, go!

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

Busy day!!

Taking DS to the local junior college for academic counseling. He will begin the diesel mechanics program in the fall. And finish up his high school diploma. 

Working on the quilting with the girls this morning, too. I told them they each had to put in a minimum of 1 hour a day.

VBS starts tonight.

Temps are ramping back up to typical summer fare. Ugh!!🔥🔥🔥

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Renai said:

No Lost posters up in the neighborhood, Nextdoor, or Facebook bulletin board? Or even Craigslist, sometimes people will post there if they're looking for their pet.

That never occurred to me. Around here dogs can tend to get lost and people post about them, but never cats.  My guess is that someone moved and didn’t take the cat with them. Or maybe she decided to stick around instead of go with them family. I will look out for advertisements, though.

• Like 4

Morning. It's been weird and rough here. Health issues with extended family have been running my better half ragged, and there's no end in sight yet. Trying to keep everything doing okay here, but my house decluttering is probably going on hold for this week in favor of simply keeping the plants watered and people fed and clothed. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  Happy Tuesday.  

Dd and I aren't working out for a couple days since she'll be without a car cause hers needs brakes.   She bought it to a local Midas and they pushed a bunch of stuff on her that we're pretty sure is unnecessary.  Like new tires when she just got two new ones in March and were told her other two were fine.   So she told them not to do the work (they were charging $$$$) and is going to someone her boyfriend knows.   They kept calling her saying she was going to be unsafe, etc trying to push the work.  So annoying.

But I still got up super early (6:15am) this morning to empty stuff out of my car at my storage office.  It's upstairs from my classroom space and there's a restaurant right there so there's never any parking.  I figured getting up and going before tea and breakfast, like I do when we work out, would get me parking and I was right.  

• Like 5

Yesterday I cleaned up all the classroom spaces and packed up stuff to go upstairs (hence the early wakeup and unpacking).    

Then last night I had a meeting to work on our display for the 4-H Fair.  

I've finalized plans for the first two summer camps.

So far this week off has already been way more productive than any I've had in the past year.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Discovered yesterday I really do suck at cleaning. I spent several days cleaning my house for a small party on Sunday. I was really trying too (not just a good enough job). 

The cleaning people came yesterday, nope my house was not clean.  

• Like 4

Since my early morning unloading I have:

-sent confirmation emails to all my registrations for the early fall registrations I already had (about 40 emails)

-send in my annual report notice to the state

-posted a sign-up sheet for club members to work our fair booth to the club facebook pages

Next after lunch I'm going to:

-Do confirmations for a few additional registrations that have come in since I set up the early ones

-Fill out my colonoscopy pre-paperwork, scan and send in

-Clean up and organize "my" desk at home (I say "my" because dh has been using it a lot more than me lately) now that it can be reached without a million boxes in front of it. 

-Make up some new ads for classes to post periodically

-Work on my next summer camp plans and finalize

It's unusual for me to be this productive. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2