Menu

Ignore this thread!

I don't randomly leave Pinesol where it can get broken.   We usually put something on top of the trash can at night so dog can't get into it.  Usually its a big thing of Tide.  But the Tide was light enough that it wouldn't keep the dog out, so I put the PineSol up there.  And somehow it fell.  

ETA:  Ugh, really.  A middle of the night mess booya.  Blargh.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Sad 4

Next week is my last week before I'm off for a week.  Except for Friday, I have a snow makeup day on Friday.   And possibly on Monday if we get the snow they are predicting for Monday.   This is going to be a fun winter.  NOT.

I think I mentioned here that we are definitely not moving into a bigger space because my landlords are bigger idiots than we thought (what's dumber than rocks?  we thought they were dumb as rocks before).     So we are going to redo our storage space with high shelf units instead of random plastic drawers that we got from my mother's move to maximize the space to move some things upstairs to clear out the classroom areas to make them work better.   We have two years left on our lease and then we'll look into buying our own space.  

• Like 6

In good news, I talked my retiring teacher into staying for one class - Fibercraft STEM.  She's going to teach knitting, crocheting, weaving, etc.  It's something she loves to do and share, and while it's a little odd for a science center, she'll also talk about textiles and dyes and stuff.  Plus it's following plans and making plans, and building so it works. 

• Thanks 6

I have another, on the bright side, post.   It's gorgeously sunny today.   Bright sunny, blue skies, just super bright.   I love sunny bright days especially in winter.   

We do have windchills in the negatives so I can't open any windows (both for fresh air and to get that smell of pine out of here) but the sun shining in the windows is appreciated anyway.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning!

I had strange dreams about my DH wanting to invite (pretend) people over that we haven’t seen in (pretend) 10 yrs..

We are having another family over for dinner. I’m still debating what to make. I gave hubby his first grill for Christmas so he wants to use that but he chars everything he tries to grill. My attempt with the boneless pork chops ended up dry and chewy. Obviously, we need directions. 

I kinda wonder if the grill is a dud because only the front gas jets have fire. Is that normal?

I suppose I better get moving now.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

We have no snow. No precipitation of any kind!! We haven’t all month. And none in the forecast.😢. This is not good.

Nothing much going on today. Clean house, go grocery shopping. Watch sportsball. The usual Saturday stuff.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Ok, so, I read this article https://www.evangelicalmagazine.com/article/a-kernel-of-wheat-in-the-ground/ about a missionary family. It is an excerpt from a book. It’s a really good article, so I look for the book. It’s over $200 on Amazon, nearly that much used. I browse other used book stores and it’s either close to that much or unavailable.  I can’t believe that. 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, so, I read this article https://www.evangelicalmagazine.com/article/a-kernel-of-wheat-in-the-ground/ about a missionary family. It is an excerpt from a book. It’s a really good article, so I look for the book. It’s over $200 on Amazon, nearly that much used. I browse other used book stores and it’s either close to that much or unavailable.  I can’t believe that. 

Apparently a movie is in development? 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

My parents met at North Central Bible College and my sister attended there a couple years.  What an amazing story!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Aldi had chocolate reddi whip on sale for 75 cents each.  I bought 2.  I now have delicious AND fancy hot coffee.  😊

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Things are hopping at the Soggy Dollar Bar in the British Virgin Islands.

Is there an Aldi's next door to the Soggy Dollar Bar in the BVI?

• Like 1

So, I went to the grocery store. DS is taking culinary arts this semester, so he has to cook a meal once a week. He finds this recipe that calls for skirt steak. I am looking at the meat and can’t find skirt steak, but I find “meat for carne asada.” It looks to me what skirt steak should look like, but I ask the meat guy if they have skirt steak. “Oh no, we don’t carry that.” Me:”what about meat for carne asada?” Meat guy:” oh no, that’s a totally different cut.” I go back over and Google “meat for carne asada”. Google:”skirt steak”. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

The average daily high temperatures vary 6 degrees from January to June. 78degrees on January and 86 degrees in June. I can see why Susan would like to go, but I am a little miffed that she didn’t invite the rest of us.

I'm so sorry!  I was scouting the place out to make sure it was suitable.

https://www.beachcamsusa.com/webcams/soggy-dollar-bar-live-cam/

Edited by Susan in TN

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

We have no snow. No precipitation of any kind!! We haven’t all month. And none in the forecast.😢. This is not good.

Nothing much going on today. Clean house, go grocery shopping. Watch sportsball. The usual Saturday stuff.

Droughts suck. We're also in the middle of one.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

So, I went to the grocery store. DS is taking culinary arts this semester, so he has to cook a meal once a week. He finds this recipe that calls for skirt steak. I am looking at the meat and can’t find skirt steak, but I find “meat for carne asada.” It looks to me what skirt steak should look like, but I ask the meat guy if they have skirt steak. “Oh no, we don’t carry that.” Me:”what about meat for carne asada?” Meat guy:” oh no, that’s a totally different cut.” I go back over and Google “meat for carne asada”. Google:”skirt steak”. 😂😂😂😂

I hope you got the meat. 🤦🏾‍♀️ Either skirt or flank can be used for carne asada. It can be a toss-up what is actually in the package, but if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck...

Edited by Renai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Renai said:

I hope you got the meat. 🤦🏾‍♀️ Either skirt or flank can be used for carne asada. It can be a toss-up what is actually in the package, but if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck...

Hopefully that meat wasn't walking like a duck...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Renai said:

I did get the meat.  And the recipe turned out good. I was proud of DS. He can follow a recipe quite well and has some natural skill. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Anyone awake? I'm supposed to be sleeping but Middle keeps waking and calling for me. It's gonna be another long night.

I’m up. But it’s not that late on the West Coast. I got crock pot oatmeal going for tomorrow morning and I’m not feeling all that great, so I think I am going to go to bed.

• Like 3

An hour after Krissi has posted, I'm finally sitting down with my nighttime bone broth to read a bit and post. 

Today was a busy day with the Xena wrangler.  Today she had me doing a weight lifting circuit.  Then various agility type exercises with a soft ladder on the floor.  Then core work with weights.  Then balance/posture work with more weights.  And some fun exercises that combined working my core while bouncing a ball.  Then working on getting up off the floor especially on the left side which is my hard side.  It was all very fun except for plank push ups.  Those are never fun no matter how much she tries to sell them.  (But I do them anyway). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

This is our fluff monster Goldi. He’s still a kitten, but he’s bigger and heavier than all our other cats. 

DEB19F10-2274-47A0-84FD-7E1DFE367D3F.jpeg

Could have some maine coon in his lineage.

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Well, they could meet in the Super bowl. 

I thought this was the super bowl.

• Haha 3

Morning, Happy Sunday.

Today is working on classes, setting up school, swing by the science center. 

I managed to sleep in a little bit but had some disturbing dreams in that half wake/half sleep time between when I had to let the dog out at 6am and when I got up at 8am.   So not all that restful actually.  

It's another super cold day but today is gloomy and gray, at least so far.  I think it's going to stay that way since we are supposed to get some light snow later on today. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I think Bengals would win that one. Niners QB is mediocre at best. Rest of the team played great, though.

2 hours ago, Slache said:

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

No. AFC and NFC playoffs, then a by week before the winners of each go head to head in the Super Bowl usually at the beginning of February.

52 minutes ago, Slache said:

I was thinking that tye superbowl meant all the playoffs. I ferjot.

A squillion points for multiquoting myself. Krissi would be proud of me for knowing my sportsball. DH has taught me well over the years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Could have some maine coon in his lineage.

My sil thinks that he has some Maine Coon in him, too. We picked him up wandering around at church the Sunday after Halloween and he was just a little guy. I guessed he might have been 5-6 weeks old. He was kind of thin (the custodian said he had been hanging around about a week), obviously a drop off because he was very affectionate and loved to be held. And now, he’s huge. Still a lover boy with a super loud purr.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I think Bengals would win that one. Niners QB is mediocre at best. Rest of the team played great, though.

Jimmy G. Is talented, I think. He’s just inconsistent. Don’t know if he’s going to come through or throw an interception.

But he’s super hot. 😍

Edited by KrissiK
  • Haha 1