Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning! It's The Queen's favorite day!

Don't let me forget to go to the library today to return and pick up books!  It's finally my turn for The Judge's List!

I ordered a pair of clearance leggings from Duluth Trading Co.  A Scout mom I know hikes in them all the time and is crazy about them.  

My arm muscles are still sore from carrying boxes on Saturday.  #noodleyarms

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How did I wind up two pages behind?   Guess I better answer questions as they come up or I'll forget.  

I need to get back to doing yoga and tai chi in the mornings.  My back and shoulders have not been happy with me lately.

I don't normally dye my hair and I'm about 10-20% grey/white at this point.  I have a streak right above one ear that just looks blonde.    I did buy fun colors that I plan to use.  On my dark brown hair, they are just a subtle color but I like it.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am team lazy hair. I haven’t even cut my hair in two years. 

It’s a Lazy Hair Booyah!!

Me too.  I just cut it myself periodically.   I have bangs because I look a LOT better and younger with bangs and I've always had bangs, so those I trim every so often.  The rest of it I flip flop between doing the ponytail layers or letting it go back to one length so I can braid it.   I'm almost ready to do the switch and let the layers grow out now.  

• Like 2

Good Morning, Happy Monday.   
It was a rough weekend.   Dd spent Saturday night to Sunday morning vomiting and diarrhea, then ds started last night.    So unlikely to be something they ate.   It does seem to have come and gone pretty quickly.  Dd still had some stomach upset yesterday but was able to drink ginger ale and eat crackers, and spent a lot of time sleeping.

Keep your fingers crossed dh and I manage to avoid whatever it was.   I was actually cleaning up after dd (she didn't make it to the bathroom) so I probably have to be really lucky to avoid it.  

Thankfully, I'm off classes this week.  I have a ton of work putting together shelves and rearranging, but at least I'm not having to worry about class. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Okay, so I was a page behind because of football????  I could have skipped that entire page (sorry ladies, but I really don't care who won either game).  

I don't either, but it was DH's home team and then my home team and they could have fought in the superbowl proving my superiority, so I cared for 5 minutes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spirea said:

I've never watched a football game. Not even 5 min. I don't know how they work. Don't explain. I like not knowing.

The team who puts the ball in the big white thing the most wins.

I played basketball and volleyball. Husband likes baseball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

How did I wind up two pages behind?   Guess I better answer questions as they come up or I'll forget.  

I need to get back to doing yoga and tai chi in the mornings.  My back and shoulders have not been happy with me lately.

I don't normally dye my hair and I'm about 10-20% grey/white at this point.  I have a streak right above one ear that just looks blonde.    I did buy fun colors that I plan to use.  On my dark brown hair, they are just a subtle color but I like it.  

Just don't use blue. It'll just make your grey/white hair whiter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spirea said:

I've never watched a football game. Not even 5 min. I don't know how they work. Don't explain. I like not knowing.

My high school calculus teacher was also the football coach.  He would give us short lessons in football every Friday morning during football season, so that's where I learned football.  He was an awesome teacher.  Once in a while we would have story time, and he would read us a picture book like Where the Wild Things Are. ❤️ Speaking of story time, I gotta go do that.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

My high school calculus teacher was also the football coach.  He would give us short lessons in football every Friday morning during football season, so that's where I learned football.  He was an awesome teacher.  Once in a while we would have story time, and he would read us a picture book like Where the Wild Things Are. ❤️ Speaking of story time, I gotta go do that.

The one year I was in a US public high school my algebra teacher was the football coach.  He was not an awesome teacher.  He spent time that should have been teaching us math, teaching us football plays instead.  I barely passed.  Fortunately then I was able to go to my very very good boarding school after that (not that the boarding part was good, but the education part was excellent). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My biology teacher was the former football coach.  On the first day of class he showed us the damaged locker across the hall where he had thrown a kid who didn't behave in class.

I'm not sure whether the story was true (my gut tells me it was), but he never had a behavior issue in our class.

• Sad 3

So this older couple hosted us for Christmas dinner. I brought a salad and sautéed green beans with bacon. They have RAVED about those green beans every single Sunday since Christmas! I would say that the wife probably does 1950’s cooking (which I grew up with).  

I gave them the “recipe “ for the green beans when asked . Which was just sauté chopped bacon and green beans. Add garlic towards the end. Salt and pepper. 

Anyway, I find it endearing that such a simple thing has brought them so much joy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dh has succumbed to whatever bug is going around the house.  Dd is mostly normal but not much appetite.  Ds is in the eating little bits but tired and moaning on the couch stage.  Dh is in bed under blankets with the heated pad on for strong chills.

So far, I'm still fine <fingers crossed, knock on wood>.

• Sad 4

So Jean, you remember how you talked about Juliet "going" on command?  Well I think we are on our way there!  I realized a while ago that maybe I wasn't saying "potty" loud enough, so we have all made a point of telling him to "go potty" directly, and now when I say it, he immediately starts sniffing the ground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

So Jean, you remember how you talked about Juliet "going" on command?  Well I think we are on our way there!  I realized a while ago that maybe I wasn't saying "potty" loud enough, so we have all made a point of telling him to "go potty" directly, and now when I say it, he immediately starts sniffing the ground.

No potty whispering. Make sure you say it loud and proud!  

• Thanks 2

Morning. I did not sleep last night due to an overactive kitten who decided it would be perfect if she decided to puke right before bedtime, and then after she came back to bed after her midnight house romp. She is happily shredding the paper pile at the moment, and I hope whatever it was (no doubt that she ate something she shouldn't have because that is what she lives to do!) is out of her system. But if not, she'll have to go to work with me tomorrow and drink the nasty contrast stuff to see what it is she ate. 

So I'm very, very tired.

We football, or more correctly, DH does. I more or less pay attention to who wins and loses, but only intermittently. It's not my favorite.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

It's not my favorite.

This short sentence reminds me of a prek student I had a few years ago. When he didn't like something, or didn't want to do something, he'd very diplomatically state, "It's not my favorite." I've used that phrase so many times over the years, just because I loved how he would say that, lol!

In December, at my daughter's dance open house, I started talking to a dad, and after a while it dawned on him, "You were my son's prek teacher!" It was THAT kid. He's in the 7th grade now. 🤦🏾‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1