Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hi everyone. The week is finally over and I can ITT.  It’s been crazy. Work is hectic, DD1 has this weird bruising on either side of her spine. It’s painful, too, but she’s suffered no injury, so we can’t figure out what it is. I took her to the doctor yesterday and have to get blood tests. Soccer game tonight, I drove over a rock that busted my car tire. Fortunately DH had brought his car to the game so he changed my tire for me. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!!

I slept for 10 hours last night. I think something is wrong with me.

Busy day today! DD1 has formal tonight. She’s going with a group of friends. But she’s gotta get her nails done 🙄 (I told her I would buy her a bottle of nail polish, if she wants a manicure she’s paying for it herself). And we have to go to the train station in a nearby town for pictures with all her friends, but we have to get there early because when the seniors come to take their pictures they shoo everyone away. I am so glad I am not still in high school. Oh my word.

• Like 3

So, the tire place called. Tile. That’s what gave me a flat last night. I was driving home from the game (the school’s sports complex is in the country) and it was dark and apparently a pallet of tile fell off a truck. I saw something scattered on the road, but I thought it was leaves or something and just drove over it. Not leaves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Morning (it is for 14 more minutes).   We have about 4-5 inches of snow so not too bad.   We're still not going out anywhere.   Dh put out bird seed and we have a ton of birds in our yard who seem quite happy to hang out in the bushes popping out every so often for a snack.  Mostly cardinals, with a few sparrows and chickadees. 

I'm working on paperwork.  Since Session 2 just wrapped up I can go through and figure out what's up for Session 3.    My scheduling/teacher issues have pretty much been all worked out in the best way possible.  Now I have to just get the space in order and update all the records so I can send the teachers their rosters.

• Like 3

My grandfather was 6'9". I've only seen two people taller than him, both 6'10".

I think I lost a friend. We met when she was in her early 20s and seems to have developed some sort of personality disorder. She believes in conspiracy theories, but several of them contradict. I pointed that out one time (covid is fake, covid is 5G and covid was made in a lab in china) and she became angry. She came to our part of the state last summer and we wanted to visit but she took no precautions regarding the virus and when I asked if she would visit us before galavanting all over town because it would limit our exposure she became very angry and kept accusing me of trying to force her to wear a mask which I never brought up and wouldn't have asked, I just wanted her here before she went all over town, not after. The last straw was when she was complaining about back pain and I told her about some stretches I do and she told me that was yoga and a sin. I was allowing the devil in my spine and she couldn't talk to me if I was going to keep doing that. I figured she'd get over it but now she's not returning my texts. I know this post makes her sound bad, but she's really very sweet with a bit of a problem, and I didn't really mind it because I know something's wrong with her. I think I've been dumped.

• Sad 5

The tall man had to duck to come through the big mall entrance doors.  Google tells me that those tend to be 80 inches tall (Six feet six inches).  So he was taller than that.  Like maybe a head taller.  Maybe even more because his shoulder posture was slumped even when walking down the big corridor.

Despite talking about him here, we tried not to stare at him.  I'm sure that he must get a lot of unwanted attention for his height. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The tall man had to duck to come through the big mall entrance doors.  Google tells me that those tend to be 80 inches tall (Six feet six inches).  So he was taller than that.  Like maybe a head taller.  Maybe even more because his shoulder posture was slumped even when walking down the big corridor.

Despite talking about him here, we tried not to stare at him.  I'm sure that he must get a lot of unwanted attention for his height. 

It depends. My grandpa LOVED it. He used to go to playgrounds and tell the kids stories about how he could lift a small plane. He always wore his cowboy hat and told the kids how he had to ride giant horses at work and would exaggerate their hoof size (he rode Clydesdales, not elephants). He carried a picture of himself to show how he compared to a normal sized man, but that normal sized man was Ronald Reagan. He was a total ham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Back from the nail place. Svengo. We were there 2 hours. But, she is happy about her nails. I am really having a hard time having a good attitude and making sure she has a fun time.  I don’t want to grumble and take away from the excitement of her first formal. 

• Like 5

We are back from all the places.  We helped unload a huge moving trailer, then brought a few things to another place and visited with the family for a bit, and then got home and I took dd15 to 2 pet stores to get the things she needed and got home in time for me to make a shepherd's (rancher's) pie, which is now in the oven.

I make my shepherd's pie in a 9x13 pan - can I still call it a pie?

I told the kids to finish cleaning up the kitchen so I can sit for 15 minutes while it bakes.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We are back from all the places.  We helped unload a huge moving trailer, then brought a few things to another place and visited with the family for a bit, and then got home and I took dd15 to 2 pet stores to get the things she needed and got home in time for me to make a shepherd's (rancher's) pie, which is now in the oven.

I make my shepherd's pie in a 9x13 pan - can I still call it a pie?

I told the kids to finish cleaning up the kitchen so I can sit for 15 minutes while it bakes.

Yep. Except not on March 14th.  The rest of the year, you're good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Matt threw his back out (for the first time?) despite also having the devil in his spine. Maybe the devil did it? He says he doesn't want to go to church now. I'm making him use my massager.

I need to walk more and probably start some sort of core body workout to deal with my devil-spine. I spend most of January in a lot of pain, and that was really miserable.

• Sad 4

15 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning.  I am sipping my bone broth.  I am happy for having the choice of in person or online church though I am going to in person today.  But over half of our small congregation is still online.  And we've added a couple of people online from other states. 

We still have a lot at home, too. Maybe 20, mostly elderly. We've also gained a lot of new members the past year. I think a lot of churches didn't survive the pandemic, so others are absorbing the members. Plus military town. We stream on Facebook and Youtube and for some reason have several people in Alaska watching.

5 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I need to walk more and probably start some sort of core body workout to deal with my devil-spine. I spend most of January in a lot of pain, and that was really miserable.

He's recently started a yoga program by Diamond Dallas Paige which I absolutely despise, but a lot of people like called DDP Yoga. 45 minutes max. Walking is hard in the cold, even if there are waterfalls. I'm sorry you're owie.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Spirea said:

Need to wash it. Haven't messed with it again. I don't want to overdo it.

Love it! Does it compliment you well? I do the same thing, going a few shades lighter than my natural color. It makes me look healthier.

Edited by Slache

9 hours ago, Spirea said:

Need to wash it. Haven't messed with it again. I don't want to overdo it.

Here's from when I was waaaaay behind and you can see my natural vs. dyed. I had PPD and kinda abandoned everything that didn't involve naps and chocolate.

Edited by Slache

Good afternoon!

I'm going gray.  I'm too lazy to color it.  A friend tells me that it's all the fashion now, but fashionable people get their hair done professionally on a regular basis and I am not fashionable.

My two youngest and I played for services this morning, so we've only just gotten home and had a bit of leftover shepherd's pie for lunch.  I could use a nap.  I had a dream this morning that I woke up and it was 7:20am and we were a half hour late leaving for church.  Fortunately I woke up at 6:05 and we were on time.  My mandolin pickup thingy kept falling off during the services so I will have to figure out how to fix that.

Coffee!

• Like 3

@Slache

It looks lighter in that photo because I was in the sun. My son always says my hair is black. I didn't color all over the head, it was just in my primary spot of gray. I mixed up less than 2 TBS of the color. I think it blends well and is not noticeable, "oh you dyed your hair," which is what I was going for. The grays are still lighter but not so obvious, because they were so white. I still haven't given up hope that I will get color back when I'm done breastfeeding, and I am so done breastfeeding this 14 m baby.  I think all the gray blossomed in this pregnancy.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Slashie, you hate the Bengals, right?  KC is just killing them!

I met Carson Palmer. Nice guy. I washed his dogs. I was mopping and he picked them up (his wife dropped them off) and they kinda pumbled me on the way out and we had a quick chat about nothing. After he walked out my coworker screamed "Oh my *** Rachel, that was CARSON PALMEEEEEEEEEEER!" And never let me live it down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2