Menu

Ignore this thread!

35 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Last time I did that I came face to face with my neighbor!

So? I garden in a tank top without a bra sometimes.  Scandalous!  LOL  I have no shame, maybe? As long as I'm not naked or trailing toilet paper...

It's a scandalous BOOYAH!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

OK thank you I made my phone call which turned into a text because the voice mail was full.

So the super good news is that I got my marriage certificate back from the Social Security Administration!  So now I can get some more super fun legal things done.  That was sarcasm.  At any rate, I don't have to try to call the SSA again, thank the Lord.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

I would have gone out in my pjs.  🤭 

Me too.    

But I've also been known to go to the gym without a bra on.    Work is the only place I pretty much always wear a bra.  I've skipped on Fridays where I only have one class and I'm wearing a hoodie.  

You can do that when you're a barely B.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4

I have another possibility for a new employee.  

The older person ended up calling and saying they couldn't make their interview on the 13th due to a relative thing.  There interview was actually on the 15th.  But that also didn't feel great as far as reliability so I declined to reschedule.

This new person is a friend of a friend/parent/co-4H leader so already knows some details and is interested so keep fingers crossed. 🤞

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Arrgh!  I can’t win!  I tried twice to get a filter that would fit my wet dry vac at Lowe’s. Both times it didn’t fit. This time I went to the manufacturer’s website and entered the number stamped on the filter. Got it today. It doesn’t fit. Bashing head against a wall here…

Maybe you are putting it in wrong?  Upside down? Is there a tab you have to align or pull off?

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Arrgh!  I can’t win!  I tried twice to get a filter that would fit my wet dry vac at Lowe’s. Both times it didn’t fit. This time I went to the manufacturer’s website and entered the number stamped on the filter. Got it today. It doesn’t fit. Bashing head against a wall here…

Probably wouldn’t help to have the ENB give it a good stomping?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Somebody get Renai's internet working properly, STAT!  Is ITT IT Michelle available?

It's windy outside and my porch tree blew down again.  I have very few commitments today so I am going to try to knock out several things on my To Do list.  

Coffee!

We have tons of wind here too. I wonder if that has something to do with my internet.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

I slept late this morning!! Too much busy-ness. It’s supposed to rain again today. We’re getting pretty soggy here for dry California. No complaints, though. 

School and work today. The girls have one last piano lesson before the break. They really like their teacher and they do a lot of just messing around on the piano when they are not supposed to be “officially” practicing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

DH just informed me a thing is going to arrive--he ordered it for himself.

It's the exact same thing I bought him for Christmas (same brand and everything), which will also arrive in the next day or so. Perishable and non-returnable.

*sigh*

Oh my word. Great minds and all that!  I don't suppose two are better than one?

It's the exact same thing I bought him for Christmas (same brand and everything), which will also arrive in the next day or so. Perishable and non-returnable.

*sigh*

My husband has been threatened with dire consequences if he ever buys himself stuff before Christmas.  I have had this happen too often. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So I drove all the way into the Big City only to find out that my doctor's car broke down and he wasn't there.  Poo.  So I had to reschedule for January.  But at least they validated my parking so there is that. . .

But then because I had extra time, I stopped at the grocery store when I got back into town and ran into some friends who had just gotten a walk-in booster.  I have been trying to figure out how to schedule one because the whole multiple mammogram process was interfering (you aren't supposed to have a shot too soon before a mammogram) with it.  So I was able to go in and get my booster today!  This was a huge deal because the timing worked out just beautifully. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have done Some Things but don't feel like anything has been really accomplished because everything requires more steps or info or something.  Except the rose bush.  I trimmed that.  It wasn't on my list but imma put it on there and then cross it off.  I forgot that I need a new photo to renew my passport.  I paid the kids' scout registration fees but still have to hand in their medical forms.  I set up an online account with my insurance company so I can pay a bill only to find that the policy isn't even listed in the account. Why would they send me an email suggesting that I pay my policy bill online if the account isn't there?  I'm so confused.  I guess I'd better make another phone call.

Imma go smell my tree.

• Like 1

*sigh*

22 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My husband has been threatened with dire consequences if he ever buys himself stuff before Christmas.  I have had this happen too often. 

I thought there was some kind of rule that you don’t buy yourself anything you want before Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I thought there was some kind of rule that you don’t buy yourself anything you want before Christmas.

He buys what he wants all year and then I always struggle to come up with something to buy him for his birthday and again at Christmas. 😕 And so do other people who want to buy for him.

Both will probably arrive later today or tomorrow, because the company had a shipping cut-off before closing for Christmas.

• Like 2

Hello, Once again I didn't get on this morning.  I keep running into work early to clean up messes I don't clean up the day before.   

I have a conference call tonight with my landlord and the realtor about taking over the bigger space next door.   I guess we'll see if we manage to come to an agreement. 

• Like 3

Ok, NOW I'm finished Christmas shopping. Everyone got something they asked for, something they needed, something art related, and a book. There are 4 family gifts so they can each open one of those, and everyone got something from grandpa.

I need to get snacks for the stockings. We do very plain, inexpensive snacks here and last year we decided to fill the stockings with super fun snacks and that's pretty much all they've talked about since so we're doing it again.

@ikslo Can you be here on the 21st?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ok, NOW I'm finished Christmas shopping. Everyone got something they asked for, something they needed, something art related, and a book. There are 4 family gifts so they can each open one of those, and everyone got something from grandpa.

I need to get snacks for the stockings. We do very plain, inexpensive snacks here and last year we decided to fill the stockings with super fun snacks and that's pretty much all they've talked about since so we're doing it again.

@ikslo Can you be here on the 21st?

What are your super fun snacks?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Slache said:

Just like combos and unique gummies and meat sticks. Things we normally would not buy because it's not cost effective for large families.

I am so old that I remember when Combos first came out.  

57 minutes ago, Slache said:

We got Berty Botts Every Flavor Beans this year.

Awesome!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My kids’ school uses this Profferfish website to track community service hours.  I hate it. Worst. Website. Ever. It is enough for me to tell him to not ever perform community service for credit because why torture yourself? Seriously, I’ve use the website twice now and my blood pressure is through the roof. 

Doesn't help that the how to guide stopped at the student’s part leaving the parent wondering what their one line  explanation for parent approval actually means. By the time I found the thumbs up was supposed to click, I was searching for a thumbs down.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Morning.  I've been up since 4am.  No particular reason why, just woke up and can't get back to sleep.  I"m thinking about the new space but not in a worried/keep me awake way.  I think I can probably blame it on the chocolate I ate before bed.  One of my students gave me a variety pack of Ferrero Roche for Christmas and I had to try one of each kind.  

I'm meeting dd at the gym at 7:30am, then two classes, then meeting realtor to discuss the space.  Then dh is leaving for his moms.

After today I'm done with classes for two weeks but will be doing class planning, new space planning (hopefully!), cleaning at home, cleaning at work, holiday stuff, so I'm sure I'll keep busy enough.  

• Like 2