Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dh told the kids they could be on break this week.   This happened when I called out the 9pm alarm (electronics away) so who knows how late they stayed up last night.  

I have the interview with my prospective teacher this morning.  Wish me luck!  I really need someone to get through the end of this year.  If we get the new space, I'll have to step up finding someone but I'll have more leeway when making a new schedule for next year.  I'm trying to not have to cancel any classes.  I think it's possible if I hire one person willing to do a few classes and teach 18 classes a week myself (ugh).   Ideal would be hiring two people with compatible schedules, which is probably a complete dream.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!!

It’s the first day of vacation (officially, weekends don’t count) and I’m awake at 5:30am. I cannot even believe it. I was planning on sleeping until at least 7:00. Oh well, at least I don’t have to rush around, I can ITT and do devotions and even exercise this morning in a leisurely fashion .

Lots to do today. I have to drop of Christmas cards at the PO, drop a return off at the UPS drop off station, run to my aunt and uncles and drop off presents for my kids I bought for them (they are elderly, so I shop for them) and then a quick (hopefully) stop at the AFSA.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

The squirrels are teasing Jacoby today.  Coming down close and then running back up at the last second.  And making squirrel taunts which sound like they are laughing at him.  I can’t tell if he was amused himself or irritated. 

It was probably Squirrel Nutkin, at it again.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉   
🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

Happy Belated Nirthday, Renai!!

🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈   
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out what service my sister in London used  to deliver me a small cake (refrigerated/frozen), candles, a lighter, popcorn, and some cookies. That was my birthday party! A guy drove up our driveway, but was mispronouncing my sister's name and saying that was who the bag was for. He finally showed me his phone, I saw it was my sister, and he told me Happy Birthday! It was cool.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Happy nirthday, Renai!

DS and I made soap for our chem lab today. I will have to buy more pomace when I'm ready to make more, but this should last us a while. (We can't even start using it until it's cured for 6 weeks + it's 12 bars + we use liquid soap in the shower.)

• Like 3

On 12/16/2021 at 12:57 PM, Carolina Wren said:

DH just informed me a thing is going to arrive--he ordered it for himself.

It's the exact same thing I bought him for Christmas (same brand and everything), which will also arrive in the next day or so. Perishable and non-returnable.

*sigh*

Fun update: They're both supposed to arrive today after shipping delays and might both be spoiled. In which case I have no Christmas gift for him.

UPDATED UPDATE: We opened both boxes. He declared them cold enough. I still am displeased that he bought for himself, but he likes his present.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Renai said:

Together?

I was actually picturing lavender for her. I do love blue though.

50 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Our vet has one song (Flamenco music) on repeat as their hold music.  Maybe I should dance on the table? 

That might get them to change the song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I bet that you were the kids who would "double dare" other kids and get them in trouble! 

Forget about dancing on the table.  I'm not sure that I could even get up on the table! 

Nope. I was the one that would take most dares. As long as they weren't dangerous and I wouldn't die. 😄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Renai said:

Dancer et al are coming for Christmas Eve. I have yet to make a menu.

Artichoke Dip

8 oz mayo

8 oz parmesan cheese

8 oz chopped artichoke hearts (or quarters)

1 sm can diced chilis (use juice)

1 sm can chopped olives

Mix all up

Put in a Pyrex pie pan

Throw some shredded cheddar cheese on top

Heat until cheese melts

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Renai said:

Pretty.  

I bought some really pretty fluffy yarn when I was buying stuff for classes.  I took it home because I really love it and want to make something with it.  But I don't know how to knit or crochet. But I do have those round loom things and I know how to do that.   One of these days I'll give it a try.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Things went well with my teacher interview.  She's going to teach two classes in one day for the next session, then may do more in Spring.    She has a Bio degree, kids in school, is very articulate and I think she will do well.  

I still haven't heard from landlord or realtor again about the new space.  Not sure what the hold up is but with them it could be that they are working on a lease and didn't think to actually tell us things were moving ahead.  They sort of acted like it was a done deal, including giving us the code to the key box so we could get in whenever we wanted, but there was no confirmation that the landlord was accepting our offer.  So its weird.  

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

Artichoke Dip

8 oz mayo

8 oz parmesan cheese

8 oz chopped artichoke hearts (or quarters)

1 sm can diced chilis (use juice)

1 sm can chopped olives

Mix all up

Put in a Pyrex pie pan

Throw some shredded cheddar cheese on top

Heat until cheese melts

blink, blink

This does remind me of those chicken enchilada rolls, though. https://app.plantoeat.com/recipes/26013141/

And I have to make mac and cheese.

That's all I got. I lot of cheese.

• Like 1