Menu

Ignore this thread!

45 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  Coffee time.  I slept in because I woke up for a good while during the night.

Bookie, hugs and prayers.  Everything Junie said is spot on.  

Slache, Junie is right again.  Diagnoses take years sometimes, even with lab values pointing the way.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is Junie is a genius.  

Nope, not a genius.  Just experienced.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm here, just ketching up.  

Junie for president!  ITT - the only party that makes sense!

Slache!!!  Surprise!  Keep us updated!  Will they delay labor to buy time or go ahead with the C-section?  Prayers either way!

(((Bookie)))  I understand.  You sorta got what you wanted, but you don't trust it (nor should you) and it still feels really rotten (totally understandable).  At this point (and obviously I don't know everything), I'm guessing you should go along with the visit, but in your shoes I could not help trying to keep it short with known end-times for myself and the kids (that might be selfish, but I can only take that kind of stress so long and then I need a break).  And I would be ready with some polite boundary keeping phrases in case they are needed (FIL, ds said please stop tickling and we will honor that. Or something.)  Remind us again (Saturday?) so we can pray for you.  (Btw, if Dave says something about never talking to your parents the way you spoke to FIL, you could point out that perhaps he never needed to?  In other words their behavior never warranted standing up to.  Therefore not comparable.)

(((toto)))  Hope electricity is back on quicker than they think!!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Renai said:

I've been up the past couple of hours and now it's time to work. Daughter and I tag team, with her up most of the first part of night now (though I'll still step in if needed), and I get baby the last part, offering a bit of pumped milk and lullabies and a pacy.

Awwww!   Hope you get a nap later!  

20 hours ago, Renai said:

Fitbit shows I slept from 1:53am to 6:30am with some awake gaps distributed throughout. It was a full moon last night. I did get a nap today, though. Woke up just in time to appear for an online teaching summit. I was one of three teachers being interviewed.

I just really believe in supporting mom's mental  health and sanity. 

I love this so much!  ❤️

It's a "Love on New Mamas" Booyah!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Junie said:

Were your other babies this early?

Mary was 10 days early.

35 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm here, just ketching up.  

Junie for president!  ITT - the only party that makes sense!

Slache!!!  Surprise!  Keep us updated!  Will they delay labor to buy time or go ahead with the C-section?  Prayers either way!

(((Bookie)))  I understand.  You sorta got what you wanted, but you don't trust it (nor should you) and it still feels really rotten (totally understandable).  At this point (and obviously I don't know everything), I'm guessing you should go along with the visit, but in your shoes I could not help trying to keep it short with known end-times for myself and the kids (that might be selfish, but I can only take that kind of stress so long and then I need a break).  And I would be ready with some polite boundary keeping phrases in case they are needed (FIL, ds said please stop tickling and we will honor that. Or something.)  Remind us again (Saturday?) so we can pray for you.  (Btw, if Dave says something about never talking to your parents the way you spoke to FIL, you could point out that perhaps he never needed to?  In other words their behavior never warranted standing up to.  Therefore not comparable.)

(((toto)))  Hope electricity is back on quicker than they think!!!

They're running some tests to verify I'm not an idiot or lying, then surgery.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'M NOT READY FOR THIS BABY TO COME!!  😬😂

19 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Good gravy--I go off to make salsa and write and Slache goes into labor!

I know, right??? Wasn’t it just yesterday she told us she was pregnant with Alex?? And now we’re getting Isaac?? Willy-nilly!! Svengo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

How early is this? I can't remember and my days are running together.

I think she was due at the beginning of September.  I asked her several pages ago and I think it was near Labor Day.

So, about 4 or 5 weeks early?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Junie said:

How big is he?

2 weeks ago he was 6 lbs 8 oz.

18 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

How early is this? I can't remember and my days are running together.

36 weeks along.

8 minutes ago, Junie said:

I think she was due at the beginning of September.  I asked her several pages ago and I think it was near Labor Day.

So, about 4 or 5 weeks early?

4 weeks early, 2 weeks premature.

• Like 2

The vet says Chester is the picture of health and then gave me some medicine to give him.  Zoiks!  I got him to take the medicine by pretending to do "leave it" training.  As with real treats, I dropped a bit of the medicine on the floor and said leave it, and then when he backed off, I gave him the "treat".  A few rounds of it and he'd taken all his medicine.  I am so sneaky. 😁

Most of the cooking supplies are packed.  I still need to get a skillet.  And some other things but I can't find the packing list so I am ITTing instead of racing around like a crazy person.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I managed to get some dinner prep done - just have to bake it in an hour.  Apple-ham-sweet potato bake.  The doctor's office is supposed to call me back.  I am setting up a new patient appointment for myself.  Which has been on my to-do list for about 2 years.  Go me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Slachie, he's adorable! I can't believe he's that big for being so early! What a blessing! How are YOU feeling?

🎉Welcome to the big wide world, Baby Isaac!🎉

I'm actually really great. I think it's because I came in hydrated, but I'm fairly cognizant and pain free.

I still don't have a room.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Isaac Mitchell Lubbe, born August 5th at 4:19, weighing 6lbs 12oz. About 4 weeks early, but quite healthy.

20200805_153001.jpg

He looks like a Lubbe. ❤️❤️❤️

An Awesome Baby Isaac Booya!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

Mmmmm...gel!

Today I ate cottage cheese with fresh peach slices...twice.  So yummy.  You know, Joan Jett is a big fan of cottage cheese...

I love cottage cheese
Just put another scoop in my bowl now, baby
I love cottage cheese
So add a bit more fruit and eat with me!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Is this the deal where they check his blood sugar at every feeding for 12hrs and aim for 50 or higher and then give gel each time he's lower than 50? That's what Newbie had to do and almost ended up in the NICU. They said something like babies large for gestational age have a hard time regulating insulin for the first few hours. I had a hard time just keeping Newbie awake to eat in the hospital.

Exactly this. We went from 42 to 54 with the gel and 4ml -1ml (vomit), then we had 7ml -2ml and hopefully will test well again.

Thank you for the information! He has the bigs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! Coffee is awesome.

Yes, it is!  And I got to sleep in because no swim this morning!  Woo-hoo!  And I almost got the house to myself for most of the day, but that of course changed.  <pout>  I will have to be productive anyway.  (Checkbook, bills, laundry, school stuff, laundry, school stuff, laundry)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, still no power. Was supposed to be back by last night but now says definotely by Tuesday. 

Phone signal also sucks but I'll probably go by my mom's later for a while. Kids spent night there, dh and I were home with generator running.  Have fridge and lights, no wifi or water here. 

• Sad 5

11 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

He's beautiful!!!  And he's born on my ds's birthday!  (our youngest ds).  ❤️❤️❤️

And my that of my good friend from high school  🙂

Edited by ikslo
Got my birthdays mixed up
  • Like 2