Menu

Ignore this thread!

58 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I say y’all. I love that word. Back in the day when I just got out of college I volunteered for a year in Central Kentucky with an organization.  And I loved it. Kentucky is such a beautiful state and I was fascinated by the way people talked. I loved their accents, I loved their vocabulary. And I used it, too. I didn’t care how dumb I looked.  Now I’d probably get put in PC jail for cultural appropriation or something. 😂 (Though I would consider it more cultural appreciation)

I embraced my y'all many years ago when I was still in California (I am a GRITS--Girls Raised In The South--on both parents' sides, so yeah, I get to say it). I learned "all y'all" and "y'alls" when I got to Texas; I had not heard them in southeastern Virginia and the OBX (OBX natives don't say "y'all," even though technically they are Southern).

• Like 1

Our dryer broke Monday. Either the fuses or the heating element went out. We ordered the $8 fuses and hope that is the only problem. Our parts came Wednesday. We are attempting the repair now. So many tiny screws! It’s a bazillion steps of taking things apart to get to the fuse.

We can survive without a dryer for a while, but that’s more complicated here than in TX, where everything dried in an hour or less.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Mr. Ellie is beating up removing the tile in the kitchen (sometimes referred to as the backsplash, but I don't think that's right. The backsplash is the tile/laminate/whatnot that goes up a couple of inches above the counter, and above that is, you know, the wall, but I could be wrong). He will have to replace the sheetrock, because some of it is coming off in chunks with the tile in spite of his best efforts to only remove the tile.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ellie said:

Mr. Ellie is beating up removing the tile in the kitchen (sometimes referred to as the backsplash, but I don't think that's right. The backsplash is the tile/laminate/whatnot that goes up a couple of inches above the counter, and above that is, you know, the wall, but I could be wrong). He will have to replace the sheetrock, because some of it is coming off in chunks with the tile in spite of his best efforts to only remove the tile.

(((Mr Ellie))). We have lots of tile in our kitchen - floor, counters, walls. Someday we'll have to do something similar. And then I will not want tile anywhere in my kitchen ever again.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mama25angels said:

I'm back!  Lynn, I have not read Knowing and Telling but, it's on my list as soon as I can find a used copy.  I found a few things that were on my list including a much needed tv.  The boys have taken over it for now with minecraft.

I just checked Amazon and it looks like the used ones only save a couple dollars. Same with Kindle. I would send you my copy, but I'm hoping I'll be referring to it in the coming months. 

• Like 2

I didn't know that Costco did Black Friday and I sent Matt to get carrots and floss. He abandoned the quest before it began.

I looked online and they don't have anything interesting but I found a silver cowboy hat chip server. You put the salsa in the top of the hat and the chips go in the rim. Matt wants the hat. It's $64. Matt cannot have the hat.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Darn just missed it.

I'm eating leftover sweet potatoes with fresh marshmallows toasted over the top for dinner.  And a biscuit.  That's it.  Except maybe some pumpkin pie

Veggies, fruit, carbs.  Perfect.

:smacks head:

I forgot to make the sweet potatoes!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I wanted some ice cream and all of the bowls were dirty so I did what any logical person would do and I am now eating ice cream out of tupperware.

I need a getting ready to move montage set to particularly danceable music in which everything gets packed, we find the perfect apartment, I don't hurt my back, the baby is fully potty-trained and I possibly lose some weight. Can one of you whip that up for me? Thanks.

Please feel free to ignore the fact that I mentioned eating ice cream and wanting to lose weight in the same post.

All of our trash cans are full.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Slache!!! Did you check the Six Flags/Fiesta Texas site??

I'm looking. I'm acknowledging how good it is. We need to not struggle to buy diapers before we buy a membership though. It would be $33/mo and that's a box of diapers.

Get a Membership today for:

• FREE Lifetime Upgrade to Platinum Membership*
  • FREE Unlimited Soft Drinks Every Visit
  • THREE FREE MONTHS of Membership*
  • LOCK IN 2018 Prices Before our annual increase
  • Includes Season Parking (save $25/visit)
  • ALL of the benefits of our best Season Pass
Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

Dh and I went to four stores that were not too near the mall and everything was fine.  We bought one thing and did not buy another because they said the sale would go on for the rest of the month, so no hurry and we can look online to find other options.  Yay for helpful sales people!  We also stopped by the grocery store to buy cream for the coffee.  

The decorations are mostly up.  Dh is hanging the stockings over the front windows because we don't have a fireplace.  Turkey broth should be about done.  Hot chocolate mix is done, but not very tasty.  I now remember why I don't make homemade hot chocolate mix.  I think we are having leftovers again for dinner.   Dd20 wants to go downtown after dinner to look at Christmas lights, so we will do that.  I'm ready to go to bed.

• Like 2

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

I forgot about decorating for Christmas. 

Dh didn't want to decorate this weekend because it's too early.  We'll do it next weekend.  Christmas decorations really mess up our entire house for the time they are up.  This year shouldn't be quite as bad but they'll still be disruptive so he has a point.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

There's always next year.

??

1 minute ago, Where's Toto? said:

Dh didn't want to decorate this weekend because it's too early.  We'll do it next weekend.  Christmas decorations really mess up our entire house for the time they are up.  This year shouldn't be quite as bad but they'll still be disruptive so he has a point.  

We always decorate the day after Thanksgiving. We might still get to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

John's NaNoWriMo is going well. He writes about one page, maybe 40 words a day. I told him about the idea at the beginning of the month and he jumped at it. I didn't really mean in second grade. His book is about 2 dinosaurs studying human biology who come across an orphaned 2 year old human and adopt it. There have been tornadoes, a terrible snow storm and a pretty girl dinosaur. The baby wears a wolf skin his mom made him before she died and the dinosaurs help him keep it safe. It's all very traumatic.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3