Menu

Ignore this thread!

I do believe we just inadvertently threw a Christmas party. :svengo:

There were 7 non-family members here from two different families (Choir Boy's family and TSD-OFNK family), the singing of Christmas carols, candles, hot chocolate, a cheese and cracker platter, TJ chocolate babka, and people having conversations/hanging out in 3 or more parts of the house. Also, we made cheese. 🎉

that sounds awesome!!

And this is a Christmas Party at Susan’s House Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

We churched!

I'm ready for a nap.

I have cooked for the day. Stuffed chicken breasts, crock pot mac and cheese, and chicken quesadillas. Also made tea and separated and froze meat. My sheets are in the dryer and my comforter in the washer. Ds10 wasn't sure if he wet the bed, and if he did it wasn't much, so just as a precaution...

I should finish my shopping, but we're walking through the neighborhood delivering candy canes and inviting people to church in 54 minutes, so I can't now.

And I feel super old. You guys being same age as my kids. But I knew that. This morning when I had my class practicing their Christmas songs ( kids are all 11 and under) a 5 year old said, "I can tell you're a grandma." I don't know if it was my voice, or what. I wouldn't let her elaborate.

We're super close, dudette. I just starting childing much later.

I’m old, too. Many of my peers are grandparents already. I just got married later than most.

Yup.

For ikslo:  red-wine-smiley-emoticon.pngchocolate.gif

• Like 5

We are back from listening to Christmas music in a cave. It was very nice, but I wished for Susan and family because they were sorely in need of a violinist with a fancy new bow. However, there was a really good bass player, a guy on mandolin and a lady that played mountain dulcimer divinely. 

Now I'm all tired and it's not seven yet.

• Like 5

:grouphug: About the spreadsheet, Ikslo. Any way to recover it?

I spent 4 hours trying. Nope. I had saved it but left it open when I went down for lunch. When I came back up, friggin’ Microsoft had forced an update. The result was my file was corrupted. There is no hope. And for some reason OpenOffice’s default is that the automatic backup option is not checked. If I had known that, I would have had the babkup thingy checked from the beginning. Grrrr. I hate everyone right now. Including myself. I usually send backup copies every now and then to my work computer, but apparently I have done that all year. :(

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1

I spent 4 hours trying. Nope. I had saved it but left it open when I went down for lunch. When I came back up, friggin’ Microsoft had forced an update. The result was my file was corrupted. There is no hope. And for some reason OpenOffice’s default is that the automatic backup option is not checked. If I had known that, I would have had the babkup thingy checked from the beginning. Grrrr. I hate everyone right now. Including myself. I usually send backup copies every now and then to my work computer, but apparently I have done that all year. :(

Extra hugs. That is butt with a capital B.

• Like 2

We churched. DD was beautiful as candle lighter. There were 3 other kids. None of them tripped or knocked over the Advent Wreath or set the church on fire. So all went well.

We listened to the missionary couple.

We lunched.

Now i’m Watching Sportsball.

Hooray for not burning down the church! That is a major accomplishment.

What do you do when you run your homeschool via spreadsheet, and this year’s crashes and burns with no hope of recovery? You cry. A lot. Because that 4 1/2 months worth of records aren’t coming back, and you don’t have the wherewithal to recreate tomorrow’s lessons never mind the previously planned 5 1/2 months you’re left facing.

Excuse me while I mourn my loss.

Did I mention the tears?

I would cry, too. I'm sorry that happened.

But now you get to rebuild it from scratch and change everything. I would probably enjoy that even while I was frustrated that it needed to be done. Because planner nerd.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hooray for not burning down the church! That is a major accomplishment.I would cry, too. I'm sorry that happened.

But now you get to rebuild it from scratch and change everything. I would probably enjoy that even while I was frustrated that it needed to be done. Because planner nerd.

Except that I have no idea what we did all year! And since I work, I had everything planned out for the rest of the year. I am absolutely lost right now. It was my brain. :crying:
  • Like 1

Except that I have no idea what we did all year! And since I work, I had everything planned out for the rest of the year. I am absolutely lost right now. It was my brain. :crying:

Gather his papers from last week. Just this past week. that will tell you where you stopped.

AND

Don't tell him you lost anything! That way, when you assign something, he won't pull the "I've already done that!" card.

• Like 2

Are any of your materials do the next thing? Can you autopilot those while you reassemble the rest of the brain?

More hugs.

Yes. I just have to get used to not looking at my plan. It's all about the plan!!! Lol

I can do it. But it’s not my nature to be off the cuff.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3

Gather his papers from last week. Just this past week. that will tell you where you stopped.

AND

Don't tell him you lost anything! That way, when you assign something, he won't pull the "I've already done that!" card.

We have all the papers and things. It’s just...frustrating.

• Like 2

Yes. I just have to get used to not looking at my plan. If’s All about the plan!!! Lol

I can do it. But it’s not my nature to be off the cuff.

We have all the papers and things. It’s just...frustrating.

I understand. I’m like that, too!! ((Ikslo))
  • Like 1

Go Raiders! Beat the Cowboys!

(When I watch sports, I go by the adage that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.) I was taught to ALWAYS root against Dallas.

That’s like me and the Giants. I was taught to cheer for the Dodgers and anyone playing the Giants.😜
  • Like 2

Go Raiders!  Beat the Cowboys!

(When I watch sports, I go by the adage that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.)  I was taught to ALWAYS root against Dallas.

I only root for Dallas because my cute niece is in one of their commercials. Well, not exactly root. I don't follow the games at all. I'm just not against. Maybe I'm Switzerland.

• Like 6

Didja have a good birthday ? Didja? Didja? Didja?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh. I hate Sundays. My dad gave me money for the kid's Christmas gifts though and that makes me happy. And the neighbor's dog is now with the daughter so I'm off that hook. So yeah.
  • Like 6

Good morning already! It's The Queen's favorite day!

Now that all Christmas Activities are completed we must focus attention on packing for the journey over the river and through the woods. Must make lists. Do laundry. Gather suitcases and dufflebags. Go to AFSA. I should really get my hair cut.

I would like to visit Switzerland and go hiking. Ds13 would like to eat their cheese.

Critter, that concert sounds nice! It would be cool to play in a cave,

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Good Monday Morning!

Sorry i'm late. 

After church, we went to see the other cast perform P&P which was fun.  Ds performs again Tuesday night and then it's done.  After seeing the play twice (and hearing the first three chapters read aloud), youngest said she wanted to watch the movie.  All 6 hours.  So we did last night.   

Anyway, now it's COFFEE time!!!

(((Ikslo)))  I'm so sorry!

(((Angi)))  Hope it's a one and done!

Susan, congrats on the successful party! 

• Like 4

😱. But then everyone will wake up. I’m just happy I was able to flush the toilet without waking ds up. I daren’t make a cuppa, let alone go back in for a sportsbra.

That's sucky. My kids get up at 7 and if I can get my workout in by like 5:30 they're oblivious.

I'll take a gummi worm over a tequila worm!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

My husband ate one of those.
  • Like 1

Topic for discussion: gifts for Elderly People Who Should Be in a Nursing Care Facility But Still Live on the Side of a Mountain in the Middle of Nowhere.

Points for consideration:

They would be offended if there was not a gift for them even though they say otherwise.

If you spend a lot on a gift they will consider it a waste.

If you spend a little on a gift they will consider it junk.

Any gift you bring will be be left at the church in case anyone else wants it.

Homemade gifts (even made by grandchildren) will be stuffed into the magazine rack and forgotten.

Candles are not allowed in the house.

Ready, set, GO!

• Like 1

Good Morning!

Lots of Christmas stuff going on this week, so we have started Christmas break.  I might not be around much.  Either because I'm doing all.the.things  :thumbup1:  (including more shopping!) :party: or because I'm in bed with a migraine.   :glare:

ETA:  I got a Christmas Break Booyah!!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

Topic for discussion: gifts for Elderly People Who Should Be in a Nursing Care Facility But Still Live on the Side of a Mountain in the Middle of Nowhere.

They would be offended if there was not a gift for them even though they say otherwise.

Homemade gifts (even made by grandchildren) will be stuffed into the magazine rack and forgotten.

Ready, set, GO!

Wine, chocolate, crackers and cheese.

www.uncommongoods.com

• Like 2

Fruit of the month club?

What about a nice blanket (so she can save money on heating bills ;) )?

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2

Ready, set, GO!

Wow!  That's challenging!  But if they're going to offer it to others, that does take a little pressure off.  What was it you gave before - a waffle iron?  or a keurig?  Get the cheapest single cup coffee maker you can find and do that.  Or, some other cheaper kitchen gadget.  But no blades.  How about Mr. Coffee Ice tea maker, are those expensive?  (Surely that would be useful to the church, lol.)

• Like 1

Ready, set, GO!

Spend a little on a gift that you know they will like taking up to the church and call it good.

• Like 2

I'm up and very tired. I have running around to do today. I hate running around. I just want to stay home and do nothing. Or something. Just not get in the car and brave the town. From November to January the traffic becomes so bad that I just want to retire to the deep mountains and only go to town once every three months or something like that.

#captainintrovert

#curmudgeon

#probablyenduponthesideofamountain

• Like 1

Good morning. Easy day at home today. I will probably cook and clean and wrap some presents. I also need to make a shopping list for items that I need before our family Christmas on Saturday. I can't find my trifle bowl. How can I make a peppermint trifle without a trifle bowl?

• Like 3