Menu

Ignore this thread!

McDonald's is great when you're sick or supposedly hungover. It cured my morning sickness for about 4 hours.

I once craved McD's when I was pregnant with Dancer. I took one bite, and I was done. Afterwards, for the next 11 years, anytime I smelled McD's, I got physically ill.

Then I got pregnant with Gymnast, I could stand the smell. We've eaten there a lot since then, but now we are all finally sick of it, and now the thought of it makes us ill. Most of the time. When we're already sick, it is not the food we want to smell or eat, though. I do like their southwest salad though. Without those curly chips.

School is done.

Cookies are in the oven.

EdPo:

There’s a nice documentary on Amazon Prime called “Sacajawea†we watched today. We just finished the couple of chapters on Lewis and Clark and I found that video, so we watched it. It’s about it 45 minutes long and it’s good. We all enjoyed it and learned a lot.

• Like 4

Dd texted me to tell me that their (her college friend and her) car hydroplaned on the freeway but they were fine.  OK.  Did I need to know?  I told her that she was fine.  ;)  (There was no stop - they kept going.) 

Hmm. Methinks EP was a bit rattled and needed some Mommy Contact. ?

• Like 2

You can pantz if you want to

You can leave your pantz behind...

‘Cause your friends don’t pantz

And if they don’t pantz

Then they’re.... no friends of mine.

Oh wait.... they are friends of mine.... if they don’t pantz.

Pantz or no pantz, they are all my friends.

Y

• Like 7

I have COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

I don’t need no pantz.

Hey teacher, leave those kids alone!!!

All in all it’s just a....nother brick in the wall!!!

Don’t bring me down!!!

I’ll tell you once more, before I get off the floor, don’t bring me down!!!

Five golden rings!!

Four calling birds, three French toast, two turtle doves and a Partidge in a pear tree.

• Like 9

I left a note in our mailbox for the mailman that says "Good Job! You finally made it here!" I wonder when they'll get my note. Dd19 does not care for my passive aggressive tactic, but at least I left out all the insulting rude language that really expresses how I feel.

:lol:

I once wrote "48 is THAT way -------> . WE are 43!" in big sharpie letters on a subscription box of diapers that really belonged our neighbor.  Our mailperson kept delivering it to us.  Month after month after month.  I got tired of walking it over to her. 

Dh laughed and laughed and laughed.  Couldn't believe I was being so rude.  

But I guess at least it wasn't passive!

• Like 5

Dh laughed and laughed and laughed. Couldn't believe I was being so rude.

But I guess at least it wasn't passive!

I don't think it's rude. If someone is doing a bad job, especially when you are paying their salary, then they need a bit of correction. Sometimes I choose to Mark Twain it.

It's almost 6:30. I don't think they're coming today. The stupidest thing is that a mail truck was going through our neighborhood yesterday (Sunday!) and dh flagged it down and asked if he would take our bill. He said no, he'd be back first thing in the morning to collect the mail. Lies. All government lies!

Did I ever tell you I was a mailman one summer? Worst job I've ever had. "Going postal" is completely predictable. And not at all an appropriate place for a pretty 19yo college girl to be working.

• Like 3

She’s still talking about it. Apparently hydroplaning was an understatement. They spun out on a freeway off ramp and hit the guard rail. Both girls were pretty shaken up but fine.

Wow!  I'm liking the fine part only.  That must have been terrifying.  I witnessed that happen in front of me once, and it was bad enough just watching it.

• Like 1

Well.  At least I helped ds10 get that Ninja Bunny done.  

I also thought about degreasing the floor.  Then I thought about how nice it would be to rip down the crappy fake wood paneling and put up drywall.  You know, because the laundry/boiler/oil tank/hot water heater/pantry room is emptied now anyway.  And the new shelves would look nice against a real wall.

Then I thought about that popcorn/ITT item, and figured I'd do that instead.

------------------------------------------

-Type up a Tackle List on ITT

-Label the remaining wrapped gifts and stow them away --- in the crawlspace.

-Sort the stocking stuffers by kid

-Plan for Christmas meals

-Put away the luggage and backpack I found on sale for ds' birthday (in the crawlspace).

-Clean up the post-Oil-Guy disaster still sitting in the basement (which will involve shoving things into the crawlspace).

-Dispose of oily furniture.

-Clean boys' room

-Clean girls' room

-Buy degreaser (which requires a trip to The HD with all five kids, so it warrants its own spot on this list.)

-Buy 24"shelving for pantry

-Sort all the mixed up Playmobil (which will require entering the crawlspace).

-Find that extra Playmobil knights set that I think I'll give to ds10 (it's in the crawlspace).

-Wash floor with degreaser. 

-Install shelving.

-Buy more shelving if possible.

-Install that, too.

-Restock shelves.

-Help ds10 finish sewing that stuffed ninja bunny for ds3.

-Those seven garbage bags full of kid stuff that I shoved in the crawlspace when we refinished the floors?  KonMari those. 

-Pick up the school room mess and file stuff away and fill in the last two weeks of my planner/journal.

-Write up Christmas grocery list.

-Grocery shop.

-Take donations to Savers.

-Make three batches of meatballs.

-Mop all floors.  Detail the dining room.

-Pop a bowl of popcorn and hang out here. 

• Like 6