Menu

Ignore this thread!

No kidding. I can't decide what to panic about first - dd14's birthday, Christmas presents that need to be made, Advent calendar that needs to be made, finding dd19's highschool transcript, or using my ebags coupon before it expires. :willy_nilly:

First you reminded me that I needed to go to Hobby Lobby.  Now you're reminding me that I need to print and send ds17's transcript.

I just had google do a calculation for me:  3,837 days until dd7 graduates!   :hurray:  :svengo:  :w00t:

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

The kitchen has been cleaned and decorated.

The dining room has been cleaned and decorated and messed up again.

The living room has been cleaned and decorated.

The playroom has been cleaned and set upon by little monsters (of both human and animal varieties).

I still need to do:

The boys bathroom

Weapon X's bedroom

Captain Mal's bedroom

My bedroom

My bathroom

Dishes

I think I will put my feet up for a moment before I move on.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

A woman I used to work with in a Spanish ministry posted on FB that her 18 month old niece had a bad reaction to a vaccine. Her lungs have filled with fluid and she's been unresponsive for over 24 hours. There's a transportation strike in the area (Peru) and no one will take her to the hospital she needs to be at.

Eta: She's in a hospital but needs to transfer.

praying!

• Like 1

Our city leaf vacuum truck just came by and vacuumed up our leaves! ðŸðŸ‚ðŸƒðŸ‚ðŸ

I miss leaf vaccuums.   :crying:

We hafta bag ours (about 40 bags' worth stuffed tight), then drag them to the curb and hope they don't fall over in a gentle breeze (or blizzard) before the trucks make their ONE round to collect them in mid-December.   

A woman I used to work with in a Spanish ministry posted on FB that her 18 month old niece had a bad reaction to a vaccine. Her lungs have filled with fluid and she's been unresponsive for over 24 hours. There's a transportation strike in the area (Peru) and no one will take her to the hospital she needs to be at.

Eta: She's in a hospital but needs to transfer.

:grouphug:  :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

I’m back from church. It went fine. The kids did their work most of the time and then I gave them the last half hour and the older kids played card games and the little kids colored and I taught them to cut out snowflakes. It’s just that I wanted to be home. I’m just a big baby, I know.

• Like 4

So does anyone remember how I ordered the instructor guides for anatomy and physiology? One came but the other one didn’t. And I can’t find an email for the order anywhere. And forget ordering another. That was the last one available and I can’t find any others for sake anywhere. So I guess that I am back to having to read the material to grade it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found, scanned, and emailed dd19's transcript (for car insurance discount) and edited a Christmas violin solo. We have to leave in an hour for cello lesson and orchestra class. Hobby Lobby will have to wait until tomorrow after I go to Aldi. Because we are out of cheese and that is cause for alarm and panic!

• Like 2

So does anyone remember how I ordered the instructor guides for anatomy and physiology? One came but the other one didn’t. And I can’t find an email for the order anywhere. And forget ordering another. That was the last one available and I can’t find any others for sake anywhere. So I guess that I am back to having to read the material to grade it myself.

Maybe they were in different locations and thus got shipped separately?

#fingerscrossed

• Like 1

I watched the last episode of Godless. Now I'm traumatized. Headache is almost gone, though. :)

I just saw that on Netflix. Is it good? Do I dare start it? 

I just started Stranger Things because my sister said it was ok - that I could handle it. (I originally thought it was more horror/scary stuff than it is.) 

I still need to do:

The boys bathroom

Weapon X's bedroom

Captain Mal's bedroom

My bedroom

My bathroom

Dishes

Dishes, boys bathroom and Captain Mal's room are done.

Also, boys are gross. They wanted to put water on the slide and make a water slide. I told them not today because I didn't want them to get all wet. So, being creative problem solvers that they are, they decided to pee on the slide. Now they're in the bath.

Gross.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I miss leaf vaccuums.   :crying:

We hafta bag ours (about 40 bags' worth stuffed tight), then drag them to the curb and hope they don't fall over in a gentle breeze (or blizzard) before the trucks make their ONE round to collect them in mid-December.   

How about a mulching mower instead?  Just mow those things into tiny bits and let them lie!

• Like 1

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I cleared my history.  It's working better now.  I think it was Vera Bradley's fault.  Which I finally ordered from since they continued cyber monday until today.  And I was actually a little sneaky (which I never am).....  I showed dd several patterns and told her I was thinking of getting something for youngest for Christmas while it was on sale and wanted her opinions on the patterns.  Yay for me!   :hurray:

• Like 4

I cleared my history.  It's working better now.  I think it was Vera Bradley's fault.  Which I finally ordered from since they continued cyber monday until today.  And I was actually a little sneaky (which I never am).....  I showed dd several patterns and told her I was thinking of getting something for youngest for Christmas while it was on sale and wanted her opinions on the patterns.  Yay for me!   :hurray:

"Hey kid #1 --- what Lego set is on your wishlist?  Grandma wants to know...."

"Hey kid #2 --- what Lego set is on your wishlist?  Grandma wants to know...."

"Hey kid #3 --- what Lego set is on your wishlist?  Grandma wants to know...."

and so on. 

I've given up on sneaky.  

• Like 4

I am very frustrated right now. I do the budgeting on an Excel spreadsheet. I am quite anal about it, it is very detailed and we do very few transactions with cash, which means there is a paper trail for everything we spend, either on the credit card (which we pay off every month) or my checkbook.   But for some reason, I keep coming up short. I have $ allotted for everything.... I mean, it is a budget. Like they say to do, and yes, I'm sure there is a margin of error in there, but I don't see why it would be that big.

I am very frustrated right now. I do the budgeting on an Excel spreadsheet. I am quite anal about it, it is very detailed and we do very few transactions with cash, which means there is a paper trail for everything we spend, either on the credit card (which we pay off every month) or my checkbook.   But for some reason, I keep coming up short. I have $ allotted for everything.... I mean, it is a budget. Like they say to do, and yes, I'm sure there is a margin of error in there, but I don't see why it would be that big.

Misplaced decimal?   Zero gone AWOL?

• Like 2

:grouphug:

Were all checks recorded?  Were all debit card purchases recorded?  Did you have something out of the ordinary come up that wasn't recorded as it normally would be?  Did a regular expenditure hit the "wrong" month?    

Sorry, wish I could be more help.  

I think the problem is this... every month I put $ into savings for non-budgeted purchases/expenses, i.e. the $1,000 repair on my car in September, having to buy a new washing machine, etc. And I don't always take that $ back out of savings to pay for it. Sometimes I do have enough in checking to cover it, but then I end up falling short, since our budget is very tight, every penny accounted for. I keep telling myself that I need to be more diligent about doing that, but I don't. And then I get frustrated.  I hate $$.

• Like 2

I am very frustrated right now. I do the budgeting on an Excel spreadsheet. I am quite anal about it, it is very detailed and we do very few transactions with cash, which means there is a paper trail for everything we spend, either on the credit card (which we pay off every month) or my checkbook. But for some reason, I keep coming up short. I have $ allotted for everything.... I mean, it is a budget. Like they say to do, and yes, I'm sure there is a margin of error in there, but I don't see why it would be that big.

One of your cells/rows/columns is not included in the calculation?

Did you add lines to the bottom after creating the spreadsheet? Check that ranges of the numbers being pulled. Inserting lines in the middle will include those lines in the range. Insert a line after the range, and the range would have to be manually adjusted.

Make a copy of the file and then re-do all the calculating cells and see if you get a new number.

I think the problem is this... every month I put $ into savings for non-budgeted purchases/expenses, i.e. the $1,000 repair on my car in September, having to buy a new washing machine, etc. And I don't always take that $ back out of savings to pay for it. Sometimes I do have enough in checking to cover it, but then I end up falling short, since our budget is very tight, every penny accounted for. I keep telling myself that I need to be more diligent about doing that, but I don't. And then I get frustrated. I hate $$.

In that case, ignore my previous post. :D
  • Like 1