Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have never been in a snow storm. Ever. I have experienced light snow falling from the sky, but never a "we're snowed in" type of storm.

You must visit. I will post pics. The branches hang heavy with white and everything is so quiet (unless the wind is blowing like a banshee, which sounds like it may be the case tonight.) I have been known to walk through the neighborhood at night if the wind isn't too bad. The snow makes it bright, even at night. Once, I even made a snow angel. It was very childish, but fun.

I have pix from the blizzard of '79 when I was 5, standing next to a snow bank that was over 6 ft tall.

• Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Which one is our trainer? You know, the one who does push-ups shirtless while we lounge around drinking our Mai Tais and just watch?

I believe both Rocco and Rodrigo have been doing shirtless duties for quite a while.  Olaf, too, is willing, if you need a more Viking-esque physique.

• Like 4

No idea; I have not studied Latin. I will leave that question to the experts.

I have read posts on Latin until my eyes withered, and my kid takes Latin, and I am still no closer to which program is "better". I really want to study it alongside him, but I can't keep up with his class :svengo:

He got his grade report from Lukeion today. Urf. I know he can do better. She writes very gently at the bottom that *maybe* he should take Barbarian Diagramming alongside Latin in the spring to beef up his grammar skills. Yes, that and a brain transplant should work nicely, lol.

She is right though, I was planning on doing some hard core Analytical Grammar with him over the break.

Autocorrect tried to turn 'I am' into 'I a man'. :lol:

• Like 6

Which one is our trainer? You know, the one who does push-ups shirtless while we lounge around drinking our Mai Tais and just watch?

I knew I needed something better for Olaf than laundry. He will be our personal trainer.

ETA: Olaf has been a very good boy and gets his own Booya!

I believe he tipped the scales with the shirtless push ups. I like big muscles:-)

Edited by Professormom
  • Like 4

DS has his own iPad. It was supposed to be the family one, but whenever I pick it up it feels gross/dirty/greasy/eeeew - so it's, in effect, his. LOL I would love my own.

In our house, I always get the new technology and they get it when I am done. It is my reward for fixing all of the tech that they break.

And I do NOT share. For many reasons, boys germs being one of them, lol. Also, they break stuff.

I think that's Rocco, too. At least, that's the way I picture him. When he's not wearing white shorts, and a white polo that show off his perfectly tanned skin.
  • Like 2

In our house, I always get the new technology and they get it when I am done. It is my reward for fixing all of the tech that they break.

And I do NOT share. For many reasons, boys germs being one of them, lol. Also, they break stuff.

Thankfully, my DS is very careful with his stuff.  I think I break more things than he does!  :lol: He gets very upset when things break.

I have read posts on Latin until my eyes withered, and my kid takes Latin, and I am still no closer to which program is "better". I really want to study it alongside him, but I can't keep up with his class :svengo:

He got his grade report from Lukeion today. Urf. I know he can do better. She writes very gently at the bottom that *maybe* he should take Barbarian Diagramming alongside Latin in the spring to beef up his grammar skills. Yes, that and a brain transplant should work nicely, lol.

She is right though, I was planning on doing some hard core Analytical Grammar with him over the break.

Autocorrect tried to turn 'I am' into 'I a man'. :lol:

Word.

• Like 2

I knew I needed something better for Olaf than laundry. He will be our personal trainer.

ETA: Olaf has been a very good boy and gets his own Booya!

I believe he tipped the scales with the shirtless push ups. I like big muscles:-)

And here is where I found out I ran out of likes!

Argh! to all this.

• Like 1

I got the first Kindle as a family thing during that Back 2 School Amazon sale. I wanted something they could use for school, but I could control as far as time and content. Once both Dancer and Gymnast dropped it a few weeks ago, culminating in several cracks, I decided to get my own. I've had it about a week and a half. I took off a lot of my stuff off "theirs," and enjoy a pretty cover on it to boot. :D

I think that's Rocco, too. At least, that's the way I picture him. When he's not wearing white shorts, and a white polo that show off his perfectly tanned skin.

Argh! (because ran out of likes)

Thankfully, my DS is very careful with his stuff.  I think I break more things than he does!  :lol: He gets very upset when things break.

I wish that were the case here.

• Like 2

Very well done! Except your forgot Roderigo, who is Rocco's brother and shows up when there is extra work to be done. As in, getting cool drinks with little umbrellas in them whilst Rocco is occupied giving foot massages. And didn't I see an Olaf in there a couple pages back?

Sven is also a massage therapist and will provide saunas and all the Scandinavian things. He does not make Lutefisk.

• Like 7

I have made phone calls. Dancer has a follow-up appointment for the morphea, but it's not until May. I have a physical for next month. Seems my last one was back in 2013.  :glare:  I offered dh to make an appointment for him because of all his aches and pains, but he didn't appreciate the offer of it being for the funeral home. :D

• Like 7

We are listening to Amahl and the Night Visitors for storytime today. So wonderful. A couple years back I found a CD of the original TV broadcast put out by RCA, and a lovely picture book that follows the original story very closely.

The house is as clean as it will get.

I thoughht we had a copy of A Cricket on the Hearth (Dickens) but can't find it. It's my favorite Christmas story - fortunately you can get it free online.

• Like 3

((Jean))

I have been only getting a handful of likes for the past few days so just know I liked all y'alls posts.

Have a Happy Holiday Prairie!

I love the snow. The more the merrier. We fell in love with snow when we lived in upstate New York. There was nothing better then being snowed in with hot cocoa, soup, and board games. Then when the blizzard is over there is sledding, snowshoeing, and cross country skiing. Let's not forget how much fun it is to drive a snowmobile.

• Like 5

I gave up on cleaning and started wasting time tweaking our school plans for January. You know, the ones I won't be using for at least 2 weeks. Company will be here in a few days.

Procrastination.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

You've got plenty of time!

My company will be here in a few hours. We leave to pick up my parents at the airport in a couple hours. Dd7 put chocolate candies on grandma and grandpa's pillows - 'cause it's fancy. :D

I am starting to cough in earnest and I am trying to decide between a soothing tea and drugs of some kind.

• Like 4

I gave up on cleaning and started wasting time tweaking our school plans for January. You know, the ones I won't be using for at least 2 weeks. Company will be here in a few days.

Procrastination.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I would come clean your house for you if I could. I have cleaned many a friend's home. Cleaning calms me when I feel overwhelmed and baking calms me when I am upset.

• Like 1