Menu

Ignore this thread!

Speaking of purses -- obviously karma is telling me to go cheap again.  I love Coach bags (the all-leather ones) and I have one.  I switched to a cheap cross-body bag (fabric) for travel and grungy outings (to keep my costly Coach nicer longer) and ended up defaulting to the cheap bag for the last several months.  I washed the cheap bag a couple days ago and hung it to dry, so I reverted back to my lovely Coach.  My shoulders hurt a LOT more with the Coach bag than with the cheap bag and I had less stuff, therefore less weight, in the Coach.  Okeydokes, then.  Cheap bag it is, except for special occasions!

• Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I might have to order one if they come in my size, just to try. There might be a way to slip the wires out. Sometimes there is. I used to wear front-close racer-backs, but haven't found any in years in my size. My shape works better with front close, and I like racer-backs, too, for exactly the reason you stated -- no slipping straps. It also gets the straps away from the area on my shoulder where my purse strap falls, and therefore distributes the load one shoulder takes instead of concentrating it all in one area.

With a little cut you can remove them. Have you done the proper sizing thing that swept the hive a year ago? It's different than what they do in a store. A store had me at 38A, the other method put me in a 40C. So. much. better. I never would have believed I was a C. Never.

Today was an absolute beautiful day.  I haven't felt this good in a long time.  Which of course means that I've overdone it and now am so tired that I can hardly move. 

I hurt a bit myself (though nothing like yours, I expect).  I spoke with DH about personal training -- basically I'm not enjoying it as much as I did a couple years ago (different trainer, different facility), and it's expensive.  I'll continue it until after my next dr appt, then DH and I will see about working out our own exercise regimen.  What I need is dedicated time and space, someone to be accountable to, and someone else to plan out the exercises.  We have some good DVDs and I know where to get more good materials, and DH says we can work out a schedule in which he and/or the girls are working out with me.  By scheduling the workouts and treating them as mandatory classes or appointments I can get the dedicated time and place.  Doing this would have the added benefits of including family (getting them moving more, too) and reducing the expenses.  I won't mess with any of it until after my appt next month, however.

Okay, goodnight for real, now!

• Like 5

With a little cut you can remove them. Have you done the proper sizing thing that swept the hive a year ago? It's different than what they do in a store. A store had me at 38A, the other method put me in a 40C. So. much. better. I never would have believed I was a C. Never.

I hadn't heard of this sizing thing that went through the hive.  Do you have any links to it?

Goodnight!

FWIW, I tried this method and it did not work for me - it put me in a ridiculously huge cup. But it might be worth a try.

I thought the same thing until I tried it on. From Wikipedia:

"...cup size is relative to band size. The volume of a brassiere cup is the same for 30D, 32C, 34B, and 36A, though the shape of each cup may be different. These related bra sizes of the same cup volume are called sister sizes."

• Like 2

Today, I washed, dried, folded, and put away two loads of laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, made bread for Mr. Ellie, made deviled eggs (also for Mr. Ellie), moved the furniture off the area rug in the family room and slow-vacuumed it, vacuumed the rest of downstairs, took a nap with "Paycheck" playing on Netflix, and put away all the paraphernalia from our cook-out on Labor Day that was in holding in the guest room.

Tomorrow I will change the sheets on the bed and do two more loads of laundry, plus take the deviled eggs to Mr. Ellie's work, where he's doing a Toastmasters thing at lunch. At some point, I will Skype with my kuma hula in California as I prepare for my class on Friday.

The life of an empty nester is so exciting.

That is all.

• Like 7

Today, I washed, dried, folded, and put away two loads of laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, made bread for Mr. Ellie, made deviled eggs (also for Mr. Ellie), moved the furniture off the area rug in the family room and slow-vacuumed it, vacuumed the rest of downstairs, took a nap with "Paycheck" playing on Netflix, and put away all the paraphernalia from our cook-out on Labor Day that was in holding in the guest room.

Tomorrow I will change the sheets on the bed and do two more loads of laundry, plus take the deviled eggs to Mr. Ellie's work, where he's doing a Toastmasters thing at lunch. At some point, I will Skype with my kuma hula in California as I prepare for my class on Friday.

The life of an empty nester is so exciting.

That is all.

How's Mr. Ellie?

I thought the same thing until I tried it on. From Wikipedia:

"...cup size is relative to band size. The volume of a brassiere cup is the same for 30D, 32C, 34B, and 36A, though the shape of each cup may be different. These related bra sizes of the same cup volume are called sister sizes."

I tried it on, in several brands and sizes all around and they were awful. The traditional measuring method works better for me.

• Like 5

I eat my chicken instead of crafting with it. 

I'm trying my hand at crocheting some chicken coasters.  If this works well I will try to produce enough for Christmas presents for one SIL's house.  I'm going to attempt some bird house coasters for MIL's house, and some other sort of coaster for my other SIL's house.

If I don't think I can get this done in time (with appropriate colorfasting of the items, too) then I might resort to ordering such coasters from someone on Etsy or somewhere.

• Like 4

How's Mr. Ellie?

It's hard to say. He keeps things very close. He's been very busy this week, which will include seeing the attorney and making decisions about a rental car (should he drop off the current one, which our insurance has paid for, at the rental company and then walk over to the other one for a new car, because cheaper rates? Are the two companies far enough apart that I will need to pick him up and take him? Should we do that Friday afternoon or Saturday morning?). He's planning all the sound equipment and logistics for the Gideon convention which is next weekend (how will he move the mics around for the special singers? Which mics will go where? for which session? how much time will he have to get from this place to that one? which equipment will he have to rent? when will he have to pick it up?)

He's also now seeing the chiropractor several times a week. He has never been to a chiropractor. Anyway. Now he has to schedule that in (happily, it's on the way home from work, about a mile and a half from our house).

So probably he's feeling stressed. He just isn't talking about it. Bless his heart.

• Like 6

Thank you both, I will check these out.  Have either of you done this?  If so, how did it work for you?  It just seems so strange for me to be a 36G/I....

I spent yesterday arguing with DH, which turned into rational conversation somewhere around midnight,and is now (mostly) mended. Turns out we're both jerks who need to take better care of each other. I can be so blind to my own nonsense.

I have learned so much about bras this morning!

Jean, your kissie shenanigans sound like such fun!

Slache, when I read your dog's name is Miami, all I could think of was Indiana Jones.

"We named the dog Indiana." Hee hee.

AMJ, I am going to add that joke to my repertoire. It IS a good one.

Thank you, everybody, for the hugs and laughs and commiseration (sp?) yesterday. And to properly thank you, here's my favorite joke.

Where does the king keep his armies?

In his sleevies!

*cue the groans*

Yup, groans promptly produced from the kids!  Especially since they tried to guess at the punch line and didn't quite get there.

• Like 2

Good morning! I want to go back to bed.

I had a stomach muscle cramp during the night and when that was gone I got a cramp in my lower back muscle. So weird. I drank my coffee and now I'm forcing more cranberry juice down.

It is Thursday.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I want to go back to bed, too.  My personal trainer trained me a little hard yesterday, and today I ache.

• Like 2

Ok, I have taken boy to school, eaten my oatmeal, did devotions, caffeinated, de-goated, pantzed and now.... I am ready for the day. And honestly, I just want to go back to bed.

Susan, I hope you feel better soon. Nothing worse than a UTI.

Ellie, hope Mr. Ellie can get everything straightened out. And I hope the chiropractics help.

Jeannie, hope nothing boiled over.

I try not to ponder the meaning of my existence or my bra size. Regarding the former, "I ITT, therefore I am." Regarding the latter.... I'm sure I'm doing it all wrong, but I just don't care. I would like to care, but I have no effort left to care.

• Like 6