• Replies 216.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm thinking of stopping my allergy shots. I'm on a drug now that is supposed to regulate my immune system. And the allergy shots are insanely expensive and the insurance company is increasing our deductible every single year now so we end up paying for so much of it. I have medical bills stacking up. The last straw is that the last vial which was supposed to last me until October ran out yesterday. And I measured exactly the amounts they told me into the syringe. The insurance company is already refusing to pay for this vial since the last one shattered so I doubt that it will go over well that I'm asking for more antigen already.

I'm sorry. Allergies stink (and for you, on top of everything else!) (((Jean)))

• Like 2

Oy. As soon as dh started the van at the shop, it started making the intermittent noise that they've never been able to hear in the shop. So dh got the mechanic to come over and he is pretty sure it's the timing chain. Which means an additional couple of months of no food.

(I'm kidding, really. We have money in an emergency fund to pay for it. It is just painful with all the other start-of-school-year expenses.)

:crying:

I'm thinking of stopping my allergy shots.  I'm on a drug now that is supposed to regulate my immune system.  And the allergy shots are insanely expensive and the insurance company is increasing our deductible every single year now so we end up paying for so much of it.  I have medical bills stacking up.  The last straw is that the last vial which was supposed to last me until October ran out yesterday.  And I measured exactly the amounts they told me into the syringe.  The insurance company is already refusing to pay for this vial since the last one shattered so I doubt that it will go over well that I'm asking for more antigen already. 

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

I HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA WHAT I AM DOING.

Neither do I, but I printed out the requirements for graduation with honors from public school in the state to get an idea of when certain things are expected and what they are called and how many hours they entail. I still don't have a clue what to do, but I feel better because I've got a paper stuck somewhere that is supposed to be a talisman for that sort of thing.

• Like 3

What am I doing in life?  OK - just the next 30 minutes will do. 

The kitten says I'm supposed to be playing with her. Like I did for the last 30 minutes.

ETA: A cat's life philosophy for humans is pretty simple: Do what I tell you to and I might not miss the litter box. Maybe.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

I am trying to plan my child's next year of school.

I am trying to do so in a way that will slot neatly into a 4 year plan and into a high school transcript.

screaming-out-loud-smiley-emoticon.gif

I just did a history/lit. every year with a bit extra stuck in there for English (a half credit here and there).  And a math a year.  And a science.  And a language for a couple of years. 

I looked at our state university's entrance requirements and sort of went off of that. 

• Like 6

I am trying to plan my child's next year of school.

I am trying to do so in a way that will slot neatly into a 4 year plan and into a high school transcript.

screaming-out-loud-smiley-emoticon.gif

I will suggest including a 1/2 phys ed credit with "poopaerobics". It can be completed over all 4 years if necessary. :D

• Like 6

Really, I made an excel chart for each high schooler with our umbrella school's recommendations for college bound students:

English 9, 10, 11, 12 (literature, composition, grammar, including 1 year of American Lit.) 4 credits in all

Math (algebra, geometry, statistics, etc.) 4 credits in all

Science w/lab (physical, biology, physics, etc) 3 credits in all

Social science (history, American history, etc) 2 credits in all

Government/civics, economics, personal finance, health/wellness - .5 credits each, 2 credits in all

Physical education - 1 credit

Foreign language - 2 credits

Electives (music, art, theater, computers, additional history, science, or other depending on interests) - 4 credits in all

That's 22 credits in all. i had them do English, math, and science every year, and divided up the other credits among the 4 years depending on what was available.

• Like 4

Really, I made an excel chart for each high schooler with our umbrella school's recommendations for college bound students:

English 9, 10, 11, 12 (literature, composition, grammar, including 1 year of American Lit.) 4 credits in all

Math (algebra, geometry, statistics, etc.) 4 credits in all

Science w/lab (physical, biology, physics, etc) 3 credits in all

Social science (history, American history, etc) 2 credits in all

Government/civics, economics, personal finance, health/wellness - .5 credits each, 2 credits in all

Physical education - 1 credit

Foreign language - 2 credits

Electives (music, art, theater, computers, additional history, science, or other depending on interests) - 4 credits in all

That's 22 credits in all. i had them do English, math, and science every year, and divided up the other credits among the 4 years depending on what was available.

Okay.  I took a break.  Whew.  The above helps, Susan, and is what I'm going for.  I just don't know how to plug actuals into there.

I have our State HS graduation requirements and the University of Our State requirements.  And I have 9th grade actual classes/curriculum planned, and a tentative 4 year plan.  I think my problem is plugging it in to a transcript-ready form.  I want a tool/program/planner that is easy to use and that does the translation for me.  I think.  :crying:   I'm really very frustrated.  (I bought Donna Young's High School V-Planner and I.Just.Don't.Get.It.)

For example:  DD is going to be doing RR The Greeks.  Is that Literature or do I lump it with a couple of Bravewriter classes and call it "English I?"

It doesn't help that my computer skills are next to nonexistent. 

• Like 1

The kitten says I'm supposed to be playing with her. Like I did for the last 30 minutes.

ETA: A cat's life philosophy for humans is pretty simple: Do what I tell you to and I might not miss the litter box. Maybe.

I really need some kitten right now.
  • Like 3

I am back from The Walmart.

So, did anyone know that running stop signs is a "thing" now. It's happened to me a couple times lately. Usually out in the country at a 4 way stop. I was driving east yesterday, came to a stop sign. A lady driving west arrived a few seconds before me. We are paused and see a car coming from the south at a rate of speed too fast to stop. We waited while a car full of young men cruised through the stop sign. They knew it was there. They didn't blow past it. They cruised through it. And that is not the first time that happened to me. Ticked me off. I'd read about that being a "thing" now.

• Like 1

I am back from The Walmart.

So, did anyone know that running stop signs is a "thing" now. It's happened to me a couple times lately. Usually out in the country at a 4 way stop. I was driving east yesterday, came to a stop sign. A lady driving west arrived a few seconds before me. We are paused and see a car coming from the south at a rate of speed too fast to stop. We waited while a car full of young men cruised through the stop sign. They knew it was there. They didn't blow past it. They cruised through it. And that is not the first time that happened to me. Ticked me off. I'd read about that being a "thing" now.

Stupid drivers. I'm glad you noticed the poopooheads.

• Like 2

Booya!

This booya is dedicated to Chelsea.

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eleven hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

Yay for Chelsea!

Yay for solar eclipses! I think we will celebrate with a BBQ at Slashie's!

Yay for Susan cleaning out e-mails!

Boo for Jeanie not feeling well!

Good nightie nights to Renai!

We're home from the BBQ. Had a good time! Now just trying to get the kids off to bed. And they're all wound up!

• Like 4