Menu

Ignore this thread!

*big dramatic sigh*

Why is it that when one spouse hears something of import to both spouses he fails to inform the other spouse at all until said other spouse sends a group text to the entire family asking for the information first spouse had already been told?!?

And it's not just my spouse.  Somehow there's always lines of miscommunication on his side of the family, and I'm usually not told of things until the last minute, if at all.  Then people wonder about why I was so inconsiderate as to schedule something else, or not be prepared in time, or....  Geez!  NO ONE TOLD ME, OKAY?!?

• Like 2

Slache: More Important Than Housework

I like it. I made up some breakfast sandwiches, put Monsters Inc on, had my first cup of coffee in a week, and am now in bed. Later we'll do SWR cards, copywork, and play with c-rods because that's all he really cares about. Then it's PB&Js and nap time. I'll make Matt take them for a hike and bathe them. That's good enough. I'm feeling better and better every day so tomorrow might be awesome.

Hooray!

OK, so, me again. Our smoke alarm started going off at 4:45 and wouldn't stop. Seeing as by our lease I'm not allowed to touch the thing I called emergency maintenance. I knew he was sleeping and I could live with the beeping, but the kids couldn't. So he walks in at almost 5, unhooks it, leaves, and says he'll be beck in a few hours.  :lol:

That would have turned me into something very ugly.  Lease schmease.  Ida pulled the battery at 4:46.    

Meanwhile, don't start any fires!

Yes.  What she said.

Ya'll are so sweet to worry about me, though.   :D  Thunderstorms only - no tornadoes in the near area.*

Jean is my official spokesperson because, well, I'm a celebrity or somesuch so I rate.  The pay is not good, but I will make ya laugh.   ;)

*I AM DONE WITH THIS SPRING.

Nan has acted very bad this morning.  Jean can fill you in because my life ATM is a mash-up of the scene in Mr. Mom in which the furnace repairman, the exterminator, and the TV repairwoman all show up at once and the scene from Christmas Vacation involving Chevy Chase's reaction to the Jelly of the Month club.  Google if needed.  It is SO worth it.  And I shall leave you with that....

Live long and prosper, little earthlings.  And remember, you are no one until you have been snubbed and insulted by a 96 year old woman with Alzheimers because you asked her to take her pills.

Big dramatic ARRGH!  As a like, as relief that you all are okay, and as frustration felt on your behalf.  Hang in there!

We need cheerleader icons.

• Like 1

(Tentatively sticking a toe into this thread. 110 pages long and this is my first time in it. Tiptoeing back out again to try to figure out what we are all supposed to be ignoring, but obviously no one is...)

Did I just feel another tug on the line?  We are reeling in quite a catch since page 100.  

• Like 5

Yes.  What she said.

Ya'll are so sweet to worry about me, though.   :D  Thunderstorms only - no tornadoes in the near area.*

Jean is my official spokesperson because, well, I'm a celebrity or somesuch so I rate.  The pay is not good, but I will make ya laugh.   ;)

*I AM DONE WITH THIS SPRING.

Nan has acted very bad this morning.  Jean can fill you in because my life ATM is a mash-up of the scene in Mr. Mom in which the furnace repairman, the exterminator, and the TV repairwoman all show up at once and the scene from Christmas Vacation involving Chevy Chase's reaction to the Jelly of the Month club.  Google if needed.  It is SO worth it.  And I shall leave you with that....

Live long and prosper, little earthlings.  And remember, you are no one until you have been snubbed and insulted by a 96 year old woman with Alzheimers because you asked her to take her pills.

:crying:  :grouphug:  Also so sorry for a rough day!  Glad at least it's not tornadoes.  Unless you are at a point where you welcome tornadoes.  In that case, bring 'em on.    

• Like 2

I'm so glad my mother hates me and never wants to live with me.

Yes, I am actually relieved that whatever he had said in the past my own dad doesn't actually want to move down here.  If he did I wouldn't be worried about not being able to see when he finally degenerates to where he can no longer live on his own, but he'd be making impossible demands of me, complaining about any progress I might make, and complaining that I never do anything.

Right now one visit per year from us appears to be all that Dad wants and needs from us, so one short visit it is.

I know, right?

Though I think it is terribly sad that your mother hates you. The benefit is that you will not be expected to care for her in her old age.

I refuse to do any care for MIL, as does dh. His sister gets to do that or arrange for it. It is the agreement. We get Nan, and SIL gets MIL. Just say no to Borderline Personality Disorder is my motto!. ;) The other brother just gets to be a bossy jerk and wave his power around but provide no actual assistance. Oh wait, he just gets to have fits but no one listens anymore - I forgot. That's much better. :D

Yeah, I don't know we're going to do about Matt's mom. I think she's going to need care, but she's toxic. She lies, shames my mothering practices in front of the kids, took credit cards out in my name, the list is ridiculous. Matt's dad is a pain in the butt, but he can stay in a spare room and fiddle in my garage if he winds up a widower on the condition that he agrees to stop stealing from construction sites. My dad was a meth head, so I'm sure he'll wind up with us if he lives to be old, but he's been clean for ten years and is apparently an awesome person so we both adore him. Anyone want a second mother in law? She's cute.

• Like 3

Yes, I am actually relieved that whatever he had said in the past my own dad doesn't actually want to move down here. If he did I wouldn't be worried about not being able to see when he finally degenerates to where he can no longer live on his own, but he'd be making impossible demands of me, complaining about any progress I might make, and complaining that I never do anything.

Right now one visit per year from us appears to be all that Dad wants and needs from us, so one short visit it is.

I could have written this about *her*. We want some land in the country outside of Cincinnati (super cheap) and she is determined to build a house right next to ours because it would be so convenient. No. Go away.

Just so Tex isn't all alone in her elderly problems.  (Which makes it sound like Tex is elderly.  Fix my sentence please, Ellie!)  I got a call from the nursing facility this morning because MIL is refusing to take care of her bloodsugar.  I said, "Um. . . she has dementia.  She can't really choose to take care of her bloodsugar."  I've given dh the information.  He's shaking his head and beating his head against a wall now.   :banghead:

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't know we're going to do about Matt's mom. I think she's going to need care, but she's toxic. She lies, shames my mothering practices in front of the kids, took credit cards out in my name, the list is ridiculous. Matt's dad is a pain in the butt, but he can stay in a spare room and fiddle in my garage if he winds up a widower on the condition that he agrees to stop stealing from construction sites. My dad was a meth head, so I'm sure he'll wind up with us if he lives to be old, but he's been clean for ten years and is apparently an awesome person so we both adore him. Anyone want a second mother in law? She's cute.

You are rockin' amazin', Mama Llama Slashabama.  Won't it be just lovely watching your beautiful kiddos and grandkiddos grow up with a such a different experience?

Keep up the awesome work.  

And no. I think I'm pretty good in MIL department.   :coolgleamA:

• Like 2

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: for Jean, Tex, Professor Mom.

Taking care of family is a wonderful thing to do, but can be so hard.

Sadly, we have virtually no one left.  Just Nana and I'm gonna love the bejeepers out of her for as long as I can. :sad:

• Like 3

You are rockin' amazin', Mama Llama Slashabama.  Won't it be just lovely watching your beautiful kiddos and grandkiddos grow up with a such a different experience?

And no. I'm think I'm pretty good in MIL department.   :coolgleamA:

Mama. Llama. Slashabama.

:huh:

Me, I'm sticking with Slash.

• Like 1

And no. I think I'm pretty good in MIL department.   :coolgleamA:

Mama Llama Slashabama!!  I thank God every day (literally) that my kids have such an awesome dad. I tell him that all of the time too. He's so great.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: for Jean, Tex, Professor Mom.

Taking care of family is a wonderful thing to do, but can be so hard.

Sadly, we have virtually no one left.  Just Nana and I'm gonna love the bejeepers out of her for as long as I can. :sad:

I'm glad most of my family is dead. Hows that for sad? I do have some amazing friends, including the family that took me in as a teenager. I have a shattered childhood, but I'm one of the happiest adults I know, so I'll take that as a win.  ;)

• Like 2

Just so Tex isn't all alone in her elderly problems.  (Which makes it sound like Tex is elderly.  Fix my sentence please, Ellie!)  I got a call from the nursing facility this morning because MIL is refusing to take care of her bloodsugar.  I said, "Um. . . she has dementia.  She can't really choose to take care of her bloodsugar."  I've given dh the information.  He's shaking his head and beating his head against a wall now.   :banghead:

Don't go calllin' me elderly or I will have to appoint a new spokesperson.  Hate it when that happens.  I've just broken you in!  

:D

J/K.  Big, sloppy kiss.  Muah!

• Like 4

Me, neither!  *twiddling thumbs*

Well, I did accomplish something. Just, not really in the house. I went to the raised bed and watered each of 18 plants by hand (with a bowl), then the corn and the carrots.

Then I watered by hand (with a watering can) both beds of flowers. By this time, FedEx arrived with Bubbles' (hamster) new cage, and I spent time putting it all together and homey, and watching Bubbles break it in. See? Accomplishments. Only, none of it was on my list. I need to add garden on my list. That one is necessary.

• Like 3

Big dramatic ARRGH!  As a like, as relief that you all are okay, and as frustration felt on your behalf.  Hang in there!

We need cheerleader icons.

cheerleader1-smiley.gif

Oh.My.Goodness.

That is almost as annoying as a real-life cheerleader.

Renai, you have outdone yourself.

• Like 3

I'm debbie downer.

still crying over Bear.

speaking of elder care: I have a fil who is in dementia care (bounced from facility to facility as he's deteriorating) and nobody is visiting him. I was wheeling my dog around in a ginormous stroller around long walks so he could get fresh air and see the sights and nobody is wheeling fil anywhere.

And the moral of that story is don't be an a&*hole. He burned so many bridges and was such a mean %^*&@# that nobody wants anything to do with him. The family has had to explain so many times to the well meaning nursing staff who try to say 'well you have to ignore it, it's the dementia speaking....' Um no. He's actually a bit better than he used to be.  When he was with it, he was worse.

I'm debbie downer.

still crying over Bear.

speaking of elder care: I have a fil who is in dementia care (bounced from facility to facility as he's deteriorating) and nobody is visiting him. I was wheeling my dog around in a ginormous stroller around long walks so he could get fresh air and see the sights and nobody is wheeling fil anywhere.

And the moral of that story is don't be an a&*hole. He burned so many bridges and was such a mean %^*&@# that nobody wants anything to do with him. The family has had to explain so many times to the well meaning nursing staff who try to say 'well you have to ignore it, it's the dementia speaking....' Um no. He's actually a bit better than he used to be.  When he was with it, he was worse.

:grouphug:

I remember fondly each of our dogs that have passed on. The biggest blow was Luke, whom we raised as a pup. It was sudden, no warning, and I was 9 months pregnant with youngest. I couldn't answer the general question "How are you?" without breaking down.  It is very hard

Take care of yourself; it will take time.

• Like 1

I'm debbie downer.

still crying over Bear.

No!  Did I miss an earlier post?  I thought he was proving everyone wrong.  I'm sorry.   :grouphug:

You could come to my house and build a couple bundles out of stuff I should stop hoarding saving.

I've been very particular about what I'm actually willing to bring home. I don't mind excess curricula on my hard drive, but everything I have for K4 and K5 fits on two bookshelves.

• Like 2

No!  Did I miss an earlier post?  I thought he was proving everyone wrong.  I'm sorry.   :grouphug:

I don't think I posted here, just a status thingy. He held on as long as he could but it was time. We looked into each other's eyes and I knew I had to make that decision though I tried to talk myself out of it a whole bunch of times. He slipped away after the first 3 cc's were in..nowhere near his dosage so he had been knocking at death's door.

sucks SO bad.

I don't think I posted here, just a status thingy. He held on as long as he could but it was time. We looked into each other's eyes and I knew I had to make that decision though I tried to talk myself out of it a whole bunch of times. He slipped away after the first 3 cc's were in..nowhere near his dosage so he had been knocking at death's door.

sucks SO bad.

Ohh. I didn't know he was already gone. I'm sorry. I swear they hold on for us. I'm glad he's not in pain. We just did this a few weeks ago. I saw a commercial yesterday for a new sensitive cat food out and wrote it down because he's always had a sensitive stomach. I cried when I realized what I'd done.
  • Like 5

Ohh. I didn't know he was already gone. I'm sorry. I swear they hold on for us. I'm glad he's not in pain. We just did this a few weeks ago. I saw a commercial yesterday for a new sensitive cat food out and wrote it down because he's always had a sensitive stomach. I cried when I realized what I'd done.

Well now I'm crying again. I'm sorry about Bear.

• Like 2

sucks SO bad.

I'm so sorry, hornblower. :grouphug:

• Like 1

I'm debbie downer.

still crying over Bear.

(((hugs)))  Rest in peace, dear Bear.  Run free and strong.

I have no expectation that my kids will care for me in home at the end of my life.  I should be so fortunate.  No one should expect this, though, IMO.  It is a burden that you cannot place on your children.  It is a gift that should be given freely and without expectation.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 8

sucks SO bad.

So sorry:(   :grouphug: . He was well loved and cared for.

• Like 1

My children already help my old chronically ill body.  They seem to do it cheerfully and willingly.  In fact, ds is a bit quick on the trigger and tends to swaddle me in blankets at any sign of pain or discomfort.  I'm going to be 90 years old, swaddled up in blankets during a heat wave, sweat pouring off of me while I am calling out feebly, "No more blankets!"  

Just got the call that MIL is having some medical difficulty.  FIL says he talked to the nursing staff.  I hope that is true.  There might be an ER visit at some point tonight just going off of past trends.  

• Like 4

sucks SO bad.

So sorry for your loss.  I'm glad you could be right there with him.   :grouphug:

• Like 1