Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!  It's Wednesday!

I think that bear needs to get back there and clean up her mess!

Go Critter, Go!  You can do it!

Aldi and another store this morning.  Cello lesson this afternoon.  Youth group and Advent choir tonight, but I don't have to go.  My mint extract did not turn out.  :sad:  Imma have to come up with another gift idea.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's Wednesday!

I think that bear needs to get back there and clean up her mess!

Go Critter, Go!  You can do it!

Aldi and another store this morning.  Cello lesson this afternoon.  Youth group and Advent choir tonight, but I don't have to go.  My mint extract did not turn out.  :sad:  Imma have to come up with another gift idea.

Coffee!

How about a mint plant instead of extract? 

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day!!!

Last night we countered her counter-offer. I hate negotiations.

Today we have rain!! Yay!! We need it desperately and it will likely put out the remnants of the fires. I don’t remember if I mentioned that my brother’s house is still standing, just a lot of smoke damage. There’s already starting to be lawsuits against Pacific Gas and Electric Company, which it is rumored that faulty and sparking wires started this whole thing. And guess who they will pass all that $ on to?? You guessed it!! The rate payers. That is, if they don’t go bankrupt first. I don’t know how all that stuff works, but it’s a horrible situation that is going to get even more ugly.

The kids have Enrichment Academy today. I will go to Target and Kohl’s and see if I can find dresses for the little girls. Their Sunday School Christmas Program is this Sunday. (Where is Willy-nilly Guy when you need him). I also need to get to Lowe’s and find some flooring samples. The carpeting in that house desperately needs to be replaced, but I think we will not replace all of it because #expensive. But, we will do our bedroom and the living room.

and the kitties are getting their surgery today.

And there’s Awana tonight.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Hmmm.  Now that's an idea!  I could find little pots at the dollar store and plant sprigs from my plant.  And decorate them like Christmas trees! 🎄

And you could send one to me. I love mint.

29 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I woke up sick.

Oh no!!!

Hi, Ikslo!!! (Insert waving guy)

Critter, I hope you feel better soon!!

• Like 5

I got 8 hours! It's been like a month (I think) since I've gotten a decent night's sleep. I got everything ready in the nick of time but I can't find John's grammar. Do you think he'll be okay without one day of grammar? Do you think he'll forget everything?

6 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Slache's goals lists always make me feel like such a slacker. But I am impressed. 

Oh heavens, no! I make the big lists because there's so many things I want to get done that wind up with a very narrow focus. I think in the list that I shared my focus was praying with the kids. The rest of it either didn't get done or I made simple changes so they could get done. There is just so much that I've wanted to do for so long but I was so sick that I never got anything done. I was 25 years old laying in bed all day like a 95 year old woman wasting away. I don't have to lie in bed anymore so I'm doing things! Even if not nearly as many as I pretend to be doing online.

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

One of Dh's friends went to a Trump rally in Mississippi and I'm dying to ask him why.  Why he still supports him so energetically.  But there was at least one person commenting extremely nastily to a fairly innocuous comment so I don't think that was going to go well, no matter how nicely I asked.

My husband is really political and I hate it. He was not like that all when I married him so I think something should be done. Some kind of cartoon sledgehammer therapy or something. He worked on the Cruz campaign and loved it. He used to talk on the phone with the guy. I got so tired of hearing about it.

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

We have an office there.

I think that they should fly you out so you can show them how to do their job as brilliantly as you do. Then we can go out for dinner.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Ikslo! 

I know, right!?

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

It’s cold.  The brochure lied.  Florida is supposed to be a sunny 70-90 degrees year round.

I had to wear my thermal sweatshirt today and put on the seat warmers in my car.  Take that, Florida!

I know! When I found out that Texas drops down to the twenties I was like "No, that's not how Texas works. I know because I know these things."

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I have been in bed all day.  I only actually GOT sick one time, around 5am.  But man did my abdomen have some serious pains for several hours!  Now I just have a headache, and I have fallen asleep several times throughout the day.

I can say this now that I have been sick once.  This is the first stomach sickness I have had since going low carb March 2016!  Not that any of us get sick THAT often, but once or twice a year with a 24-hour bug was pretty much a guarantee.  

I always said I should have come out of my pregnancies with a six pack.

Why do you think you're not getting sick now? Something specific that you are or are not eating, better blood sugar, lower MBI..?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Don't move when you have a newborn.  See if there is a friend who will come and vacuum and clean and stuff as you empty out rooms.  Keep a bin of cleaning supplies and extra trash bags handy.

And paper towels.  Even if you normally don't clean with paper towels, use paper towels.  You don't want to pack dirty wet cleaning rags. 

• Like 3

I just realized I have never moved having to deal with selling a house.  Or extensive cleaning.  Or more than 30 minutes away.

Parents home
Ex's parents home (parents didn't live there, we did with ex's brother - 6 years)
Foreclosure we bought (6 years)
back to Parents home (6 months)
rental house (6 months)
Shared home owned by friend (6 months)
Apartment (6 months)
Dh's house (14 years so far)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spudater said:

I wish I could have a vacation on ITT island. Or even just have the entire family leave me alone for the week and turn the heat up to 75. That’d be good enough.

I so know what you mean, I was just telling Dh that he was going to have to turn the heat up a degree or three!  I'd love for my cats and family to leave me alone.

• Like 2

I had no belongings from the time I was 15 until about 20 but moved a lot (OR, CA, OR, DC, LA, DC, WI, OH).

20: Moved hubby into our apartment 20 minutes away
21: Moved both of us into a house 20 minutes away
25: Moved family of 3 from OH to OR
30: Moved family of 5 20 minutes away

We plan to move to a rental house or apartment until we can afford a house. Then buy a house, eventually downsize, and hopefully die before moving again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I wish I could have a vacation on ITT island. Or even just have the entire family leave me alone for the week and turn the heat up to 75. That’d be good enough.

I would love a vacation there. Rocco gives great foot massages and brings us beverages with umbrellas in them.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Send them to my MIL's. She collects mock grandchildren and takes entire families to her camper. I complain but she's very kind to anyone who isn't family.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Slache said:

Which of these phrases is a healthier way of describing a misunderstanding of a conversation? Should either of these phrases not be used?

1. You perceived my words incorrectly.

2. We had a communication breakdown.

I didn't explain myself very well.

Booyah!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1