Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm sorry that last night was a no-sleep night around here. (Praying for rest for you, Jean.)

I slept, lots and lots, in fact, but istillTired. Nana says that she thinks that I had the flu, even though I didn't have a high fever. Apparently, from youngest puphood, I have been fever-resistant. Or something. But the body aches and owies (think: trying to use a washcloth made my skin hurt) make her think it was the flu. And she was both a Mommy and an RN, so she wins. Well, she's Nana, so she automatically wins, so there's that.

If it was the flu, please mark your calendars to not get it this year. It sucks.

#Isaidsucks

• Like 4

I am also fever-resistant. Fever seems to be my body's last line of defense, only happening when I am near death.

Kitty hopped on my back in the middle of the night and started cleaning me. She started with my hair, which I ignored, and then started licking the inside of my ear. That got her banished to the living room. Even though I make her wear a sock hoodie, I am still her favorite person. She kneads me. (See what I did there?)

I plan on accomplishing very little today. If it can't be done from under a blanket, I'm not gonna do it.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8

She’s never had to lose weight in her life. I’m sure that she means well. I just didn’t appreciate it the way she might have thought that I would. (Because of course I have never done the generic things she suggested....)

That's why it is best to never comment on personal appearance of others unless it is specifically and unequivocally positive. An adult should know this.

Anyway it is nice of you to throw her a "means well" bone.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Tuesday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Christmas Vacation !!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘💕

Jeannie, I hope you got some rest!!

JJM, I hope you feel better soon. That flu is just going around.

• Like 4

My DH insulated the big doors on our garage last winter and he has space heaters out there. He has a router and other toys out there and likes to take the chill off the place so he can keep working on things he and his dad come up with. He set up a webcam so he can have projects running and monitor them from inside the house, too.

He told me before we ever got married to not ever count on getting to park in the garage. He has been as good as his word on that!

Props to him for honesty and knowing himself.

I am glad kitty got in. We have a Siamese. They are smart like three year olds which is to say, smart in all the ways you don't particularly need them to be smart.

• Like 3

I'm cleaning out the homeschool cabinet today. It's like the ghosts of education's past. I threw away the last of the good-job stickers that had been hanging out in the lower strata. 

I need to do this, too.  It's on my wait-a-few-months list because right now Dad Project stuff and DD13's room move take priority.

• Like 1

I have been told since my kids were babies that "you're not really sick until the fever is over 100.4". But as I have learned in the past couple years, you can have the flu, a severe UTI, and pneumonia without breaking 100. The first time dd11 had pneumonia I don't think her fever ever went above 99.6 which is why I didn't take her to the clinic until she was Very Very Sick.

I tell my kids that they aren't sick enough to stay home unless their fevers are over 100 but in practice I go by symptoms. If someone has a fever they stay home regardless of how they act, but if their temperatures are lower and they seem really not right I'll let them stay home. But I don't publicize that and they haven't caught on (I think) because I don't want to encourage their drama skills. 

• Like 2

Second sleep.

(((Jean)))

Matt verified that I haven't spoken to my mom in over a year now. Back when things were bad when I was a kid she asked me to come home and haul wood or babysit the dogs when she was out of town, but I guess she doesn't want me for anything now. She's really the only reason I'm lookingforward to moving for.

Why does his alarm go off so early if he doesn't leave until now or thereabouts?

He works on all of his side stuff in the morning.

You don’t NEED it, but it was one of my favorites growing up.

I'm getting her a hard copy because of Susan.
  • Like 6

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

And this is the best Booya/h in the whole world because it is a COFFEE Booya/h!! (Imagine, if you will, yours truly planting a flag that says "Booya/h" in big, bold letters and a cup of COFFEE under it! on the Rocky summit of.... The tall craggy mountain in the middle of the ITT Island, where we have our lodge. This lodge is in the middle of a forest with hardwood floors and throw rugs and huge stone fireplaces and wrap around porches with comfy Adirondack chairs. This is what I'm talking about.) (I think my imagination is getting the better of me.)

Sumitted by KrissiK with Documentation of the ITT Flag 5/1/2017

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

Dd is being a brat about the doctor's appointment today.  So I've handed her the insurance card and have told her to figure out the appointment herself.  I would love to go in with her as usual and to support her in it but since she in her long 16  years of life, knows everything, I guess she needs an opportunity to prove it. 

(I will reconsider if she asks me to come in.  Which I hope that she does. But if she's as stubborn as I was at that age . . . . ) 

• Like 7

iMeetinged.

Now dh has the van, so I am trapped into being productive at home instead of unproductively driving my bored children to get coffee. (For me.  Not them.)

And dd8 wants her buddies from the crawlspace so she can have a tea party, so I guess that's what I will tackle.  Blech.

Also, I have just been informed that ds3 did a #2 in his pull-up.  Let it not be so!   :svengo:

Whine.  

• Like 5

Now I can clean the dining room, kitchen and laundry room. Oh, my! :laugh:

Then I'm off duty for the rest of the day. I will pop a few potatoes in the oven for those who want something to eat this evening, but no more cleaning or cleaning up for the rest of the day.

• Like 3

Looks like DW will be working late again... she decided to bicycle to work this morning, but now there's a snow squall till 3pm, and a blizzard warning till 1am, i.e. she should not leave work before 1am-ish. Also, it's 17 feels like -13 (note the negative sign), and by 1am it'll be 13 feels like -11. Ugh.

• Like 1

Slaap, Jeantje, slaap.

Daar buiten loopt een schaap. 

Een schaap met witte voetjes.

Die drinkt z'n melk zo zoetjes.

Slaap, Jeantje, slaap.

Daar buiten loopt een schaap.

(Sleep, little Jean, sleep. Outside there walks a sheep. A sheep with little white feet. That drinks its milk so sweet. Sleep, little Jean sleep. Outside there walks a sheep)

(sheep would probably be better off in a stable as well, despite wool. at least we know why its feet are white. SNOW)

• Like 6

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

And this is the best Booya/h in the whole world because it is a COFFEE Booya/h!! (Imagine, if you will, yours truly planting a flag that says "Booya/h" in big, bold letters and a cup of COFFEE under it! on the Rocky summit of.... The tall craggy mountain in the middle of the ITT Island, where we have our lodge. This lodge is in the middle of a forest with hardwood floors and throw rugs and huge stone fireplaces and wrap around porches with comfy Adirondack chairs. This is what I'm talking about.) (I think my imagination is getting the better of me.)

Sumitted by KrissiK with Documentation of the ITT Flag 5/1/2017

Awesome Booya/h, Susan. I’m glad you got yourself your COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸
  • Like 1