Menu

Ignore this thread!

We make monkey bread in the slow cooker. We assemble it the night before and turn it on in the morning. It cooks for about 2 hours on high.

I'm thinking of making monkey bread this year.

Well, that goes without saying.  Because bacon.

Clinton Kelly's breakfast casserole: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/bacon-egg-cheese-biscuit-casserole-clinton-kelly

We leave it in the fridge overnight. It's always a huge hit.

I got some dozing in. Now school.

Clearly, we will need Second Breakfast. :D

• Like 4

Um. I thought that breakfast on Christmas wasn't a thing.  Do candy canes and chocolate count as breakfast?

Actually, I *think* the way breakfast works here is that the dc fend for themselves as usual while dh and I pile up gifts under the tree.

I'm not sure if I eat breakfast on Christmas.   :confused1:

• Like 6

Do Sven, Rocco, and Rodrigo do motivational speeches? Or just kicks up the backside to get people moving? Cause things are going very slowly here today.

It's 2pm and we've achieved pretty much nothing. Well, Ms. 8 played her new violin for an hour and a half, which might sound like achieving something until I tell you that she was only brushing up on Xmas carols because she wants to go busking in the mall. My Bad Parent Shoulder Devil told me to nix this idea, because she has 3 million things to practice for her audition and next year's exam. But my Good Parent Shoulder Angel prevailed, so I have agreed to take her into the Christmas Shopping Nightmare so that she can play for an hour and probably earn less in tips than it cost me to drive there and park the car. A Fafsa on the GPSA!

Edited by IsabelC
  • Like 6

How many days a week is SOTW I?

We do it about 3 days a week. And basically we read and do a narration 2x a week and then the third day we look at pictures in Usborne and do the map work and coloring page. When the boys were little we did a lot of activities, which were fun. Especially the chicken mummy! But now that I've got the caboose here....Mama is tired.
  • Like 4

I'm going to bed. I'm tired. Dd had her third volleyball match of the week. They won all of them. One thing I love about this beginner league....at the beginning of the season it is absolutely painful to watch. But now...you can see a vast improvement. Many more of the girls can serve over the net and there are a lot more returns. And not so many girls are standing there in "ready position" and then watching as the ball comes at them and drops on the floor two feet to their left..... as they continue to stand in "ready position". And dd does very well. She's got an excellent serve and more often than not does a good job returning the serve. I'm really excited to see her advance. Next year she'll be in the older league and learn to serve overhand.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

I'm going to bed. I'm tired. Dd had her third volleyball match of the week. They won all of them. One thing I love about this beginner league....at the beginning of the season it is absolutely painful to watch. But now...you can see a vast improvement. Many more of the girls can serve over the net and there are a lot more returns. And not so many girls are standing there in "ready position" and then watching as the ball comes at them and drops on the floor two feet to their left..... as they continue to stand in "ready position". And dd does very well. She's got an excellent serve and more often than not does a good job returning the serve. I'm really excited to see her advance. Next year she'll be in the older league and learn to serve overhand.

That is very cool that you can actually observe so much improvement compared to the beginning of the year.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Coffee!

Ikslo, I hope your day is easier today!

Isabel, your dd8 sounds amazing! Did she start violin when she was very young? She sounds quite gifted!

Mary, how is your jaw this morning?

Krissi, that's fantastic about dd and her volleyball team!

Happy happy Friday!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

It's Friday!

I very much succeeded in goofing off all day yesterday. It was fantastic.

Today (and probably tomorrow), I am going to clean my house. I am starting at one end and deep cleaning each room until they are all sparkly and smell yummy.

Hooray for volleyball wins! It's so cool when you can see such improvement.

Good luck on the busking. Hopefully it will be fruitful.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well, what do you know. My protagonist came to his story on a rainy day, he's currently in pretty bad shape (Hemingway-style) in the rain, and it's raining!  Good time to write that scene this morning, so I think I will. Poor guy. I beat him up so bad, but he kind of deserved it. Good thing he's fantasy tough and can take it as well as dish it out.

• Like 4

I've got a feeling that I'm going to get to be evil Mom-teacher this morning. Sigh.

ETA: Evil and wicked. Go me. Heaven forbid a seventh-grade student should have to study over a week of Thanksgiving break to retake quizzes over lessons which need more practice. Just stick a third eye in my forehead and call me a monster. :lol:

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

I cleaned the master bathroom and started on my bedroom. Then the dumb dog (as opposed to my other, smarter dogs) decided to poop in Captain Mal's room. So I cleaned that up and shampooed his carpet. Now for a break, then I will finish my room.

It's a bippity-boppity Booya!

Edited by lanalouwho
  • Like 7

I've got a feeling that I'm going to get to be evil Mom-teacher this morning. Sigh.

ETA: Evil and wicked. Go me. Heaven forbid a seventh-grade student should have to study over a week of Thanksgiving break to retake quizzes over lessons which need more practice. Just stick a third eye in my forehead and call me a monster. :lol:

I feel ya. Today my children called me a bully because there are negative consequences for not doing what I want them to. This was followed by my youngest saying she is not a slave and screeching "Freedom" William Wallace style while running through the house. Needless to say, we are now on break. :banghead: Edited by Schadenfreude
  • Like 8

I feel ya. Today my children called me a bully because there are negative consequences for not doing what I want them to. This was followed by my youngest saying she is not a slave and screeching "Freedom" William Wallace style while running through the house. Needless to say, we are now on break.  :banghead: 

I have donned my evil crown and am refusing to allow my slaves to leave the house until Logic is finished. I am truly diabolical. They get to curse me all the way to deer camp later, while I clean, then take a nap, then take a nice, long hot shower and listen to music they don't like. So I get the last laugh.

• Like 5

Misspelling-provoked thought of the day:

Would a fitness boot camp instructor be an exercist?

I'm still alive and hope everyone is doing well!  I should hit the 20,000 word mark this afternoon before my arms give out.

Viva la NaNo!

• Like 7

That would be lovely. Except we have John's mom and sister coming in. It's frowned upon to starve guests. :( 

Also, I'm so tired, I started to spell 'frowned' as 'fround'. 

We're homeschoolers. We're counter-cultural. It's cool, Babe. Let 'em starve.

#shortsentences

• Like 9

Yay!  I wrote 4700 words today!  I'm not saying they are quality content, but I got the volume in.  I have now past the 20K mark and am only 10K behind now.

My arm hurts and I have a crick in my neck and shoulder.  Time to step away from the computer for a while.

:party:  :party:

*sigh*  passed, not past.  Oh, well.  We don't have to edit until after NaNoWriMo.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 7