Menu

Ignore this thread!

Yes, for 9 months. I thought it was really bad but after talking to others I don't think it was nearly as bad as it could have been. I didn't hear voices or want to hurt my kids, but I was extremely frustrated all the time and was sort of manic. "I'm the best mother ever, I'm so happy to be living this life... Why is everything so hard? Why are my kids so unhappy? I can't do this." I gained around 30 pounds in that time period and I was not a good mom. I'm not fishing for a complement here, I really truly failed. My chronic exhaustion was at it's peak too. That was right before I discovered my supermom pills.

I suffered from seasonal depression, so ppd was something I looked out for with my first pregnancy. The duration was brief, thankfully, and I had an adult helper that came once a week (a volunteer program for first time mothers) and she happened to be a therapist. I told her to look out for it just in case I didn't recognize it.

Now you and your dh know what to look out for, and if you need help, get it. What else did you do besides supermom pills helped you?

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I think I'm already tired. But I still haven't typed up these stupid plans. I only have to write 4 large group activities and some small groups. Oh, and look up a phonological awareness activity that can be done during transitions. And a smattering of other stuff. And fill out a couple of center areas. Dagnabbit.

• Like 1

You are describing postpartum psychosis, and that is a very severe (and relatively rare) form of ppd.  That you did not hear voices doesn't mean it wasn't bad.  Just keep in touch with a doc about it.  Or at least tell us, and we can be a barometer for when you cross over a line cuz it is hard to see it when you are in it.  

I never enjoyed being pregnant really.  I guess there were some okay parts in the middle trimester during the first three pgs, but the beginnings and ends were all bad.

I didn't appreciate the severity of it the first time and I kept thinking I was getting better, but if it happens again I'm requesting medication immediately. I am really not a medication person, but I don't want to do that again.

Except you won't have them. Because they're coming to stay with Pseudo-Granny for the first couple of months. Right?

Right?

No, you're coming to stay with us.

• Like 7

I didn't appreciate the severity of it the first time and I kept thinking I was getting better, but if it happens again I'm requesting medication immediately. I am really not a medication person, but I don't want to do that again.

Glad you have a plan, including having JJM stay with you. Her daughter would be helpful too. I don't know how her dh would feel about it...

Edited by Renai
  • Like 2

What else did you do besides supermom pills helped you?

A regular regimen of exercise, reading, teA, and wine. I was so tired I got stuck in a nasty loop of doing the bare minimum and lying around the rest of the time.

Slache, I think you're depressed because you left us.  :hat:

Possibly. I think it's more the exhaustion and nausea and waking up in the middle of vomiting and having to change the sheets at 2:30 in the morning and feeling like I'm neglecting my children. So I deserve expensive pencils! :P

• Like 3

A regular regimen of exercise, reading, teA, and wine. I was so tired I got stuck in a nasty loop of doing the bare minimum and lying around the rest of the time.

Possibly. I think it's more the exhaustion and nausea and waking up in the middle of vomiting and having to change the sheets at 2:30 in the morning and feeling like I'm neglecting my children. So I deserve expensive pencils! :p

Definitely! 

• Like 3

Lynn is who I want to be when I grow up. :001_wub:

Me too. And Jean! I  heart her. She extends such grace where I would just rip someone's head off.

Glad you have a plan, including having JJM stay with you. Her daughter would be helpful too. I don't know how her dh would feel about it...

He gets no say.

Yay! Is Jo coming too? She's great with little ones. (Ooo, and she can be the math teacher...)

Absolutely!

• Like 6

Yay! Is Jo coming too? She's great with little ones. (Ooo, and she can be the math teacher...)

Jo can come teach my kids math any day she likes.  I'll even let her pick which student(s) she wants.   :)

We currently are doing:

Saxon Algebra 2 (using SaxonTeacher because I'm not a math teacher)

Saxon Algebra 1(totally isn't getting it, refuses to use SaxonTeacher and says that I don't explain it well enough)

Saxon 7/6 (finishing this next week!  doing ok, but she doesn't like it)

Abeka 3 (finished, but we're still learning the times tables; hopefully moving into Saxon 5/4 soon)

Abeka 2 (good at math, but currently grumpy about doing any school work)

Abeka 1 ( :001_wub: math)

Edited: changed "this" week to "next" week.  I forgot that I went easy on her assignments this week because I am anticipating a crazy week.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

Possibly. I think it's more the exhaustion and nausea and waking up in the middle of vomiting and having to change the sheets at 2:30 in the morning and feeling like I'm neglecting my children. So I deserve expensive pencils! :p

chux. layer your bed in disposable paper ones if you can stand the texture (or get the washable cloth ones) and it can save you a whole lot of pukie trouble....btdt.

• Like 2

I don't. I hate sweating, and getting dirt under my nails, and having the sun beating down on my head. :mad: But it was better in California, where you can stick a wooden spoon in the dirt and it will grow. Here in Central Texas, it is not like that. I have killed eight or nine rose bushes, hydrangeas, dusty miller, geraniums, lily of the valley, coleus, and more. It just isn't very satisfying. I try to do things that will be perennial and call it good. Not much joy so far after 12 years. :crying:

We had a big pine tree at the corner of our house when we moved in, and it was lovely. Pines are not native to this area, which made it even more special. Alas, it became diseased, and we had to take it down. :crying:

Oh dear! That does not sound good. Perennials are good, though. I saw a bumper sticker once that said, "Friends don't let friends plant annuals!" I'm sorry about the roses. I have a small but well loved rose garden and they're starting to get buds! And I love my hydrangeas. Although my serious gardening has been on hold now for about 12 years, since we got the kids.
  • Like 2

Before you spend that much money, I just want to say I don't know what all the hype is with prismacolor pencils.  We had some once.  I did not like them.  They were so faint.  They had to be sharpened all the time.  They broke.  I much prefer a cheap pack of Crayola twistable color pencils. 

#artfail

#pencilsnobbutcolorpencillowlife

In addition, we print adult coloring pages off the Internet. They work just as well.

Jo can come teach my kids math any day she likes. I'll even let her pick which student(s) she wants. :)

We currently are doing:

Saxon Algebra 2 (using SaxonTeacher because I'm not a math teacher)

Saxon Algebra 1(totally isn't getting it, refuses to use SaxonTeacher and says that I don't explain it well enough)

Saxon 7/6 (finishing this next week! doing ok, but she doesn't like it)

Abeka 3 (finished, but we're still learning the times tables; hopefully moving into Saxon 5/4 soon)

Abeka 2 (good at math, but currently grumpy about doing any school work)

Abeka 1 ( :001_wub: math)

Edited: changed "this" week to "next" week. I forgot that I went easy on her assignments this week because I am anticipating a crazy week.

Ruh-roh.

(Shhh...You probably don't want to know what Jo thought of Saxon. And don't tell Ellie...)

Beast Academy 3C is so, so much easier than 3B. 3B even I had to think occasionally. 3c, she is tearing through. She's a linear thinker like her mom. At this rate we'll be able to start 4A before 4th grade.

• Like 1

Hi. Power has been out for 7 hours now. The neighborhood around us had their power come back but not us. I'm using up precious cell batteries to check in with you. And I found you saying nice things about me! We did go to a mall tonight but we didn't walk long. Dd was with us and was hacking away. A sweet little girl came up to him and asked him why he had "that thing" on his nose because he was wearing a mask to protect everyone from his contagion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I was into coloring books before coloring books were cool. I used to buy a ton of Dover coloring books to color with the kids when they were tiny.

ETA: Booya(h)---my first one in quite a while!  Sorry it was a braggy booyah, but here's a link to free coloring pages:

http://www.coloring-pages-adults.com

Edited by kbeal
  • Like 3

Ruh-roh.

(Shhh...You probably don't want to know what Jo thought of Saxon. And don't tell Ellie...)

Saxon was dh's one and only curriculum requirement.  I did ask if I could use Abeka for elementary because it's so much more colorful and I was already somewhat familiar with it.