• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm tired, but I'm getting ready to fix it.  :D   Sorry I don't have anything to offer in the way of entertainment. 

One boy's name I liked that seemed crazy at the time was George.  But I guess it's probably more popular now that Prince William and Kate used it. 

And I like William. 

Not very exciting, huh?

• Like 2

I'm tired, but I'm getting ready to fix it. :D Sorry I don't have anything to offer in the way of entertainment.

One boy's name I liked that seemed crazy at the time was George. But I guess it's probably more popular now that Prince William and Kate used it.

And I like William.

Not very exciting, huh?

William is John's middle name. I don't like George.
  • Like 1

The bathrooms need to be cleaned.  (That's what I tell my kids, anyway.  It seems to solve the problem for them.)

So funny.  While I was still posting this, dd11 came in and told me that she was bored.

She is now cleaning the bathroom.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 8

I am home. I spent all day at continuing education, learning about vomiting. Because it's always good to revisit things you ought to have digested.  :001_tt2:

I must remind myself that I have to get my Rabies titer pulled tomorrow. 

Slache, I'm sorry to hear about Ms. Clair. I can tell from the picture that she was a very special person. :grouphug:

• Like 6

I just read Gil's thread about guilt for academic excellence. :( We don't have that problem here. Everyone seems to think I'm not doing enough and that he should be really advanced because he has one on one instruction. I imagine we'll have it soon with Mary too. Yay. Matt thinks we're doing great by the way. :D

• Like 2

Just curious - do your husbands have any input in the educational decisions of the kids? Like, curriculum, co-ops, etc?
I'm just wondering because DH doesn't really seem to care that much. He says "You're the educator, so you know what you're doing." It doesn't bother me really, but I was wondering if that is the norm. 

Slache, I am sorry for your loss. And I think it is a beautiful and lovely photo. :grouphug:

If I had been a boy, mom was going to name me William Jesse after my great grandfather. I like the name too. My oldest is named after dh. The youngest is named after a brother in law and father in law: Adrian Jesse. I have always loved the name Kaleb, with a K, just to be different.

• Like 2

Just curious - do your husbands have any input in the educational decisions of the kids? Like, curriculum, co-ops, etc?

I'm just wondering because DH doesn't really seem to care that much. He says "You're the educator, so you know what you're doing." It doesn't bother me really, but I was wondering if that is the norm.

He doesn't care, but he'll talk about it if I want to. He helped me decide between Hey Andrew and Greek for children, as well as tell me it will be okay if we aren't rigorous for the first few years.

Dh's involvement has always been minimal, but it has evolved over the years.  He has wanted to homeschool from the start; we went to a homeschooling conference when my oldest was literally still a babe in arms.  Dh wanted me to create a budget spreadsheet with all kinds of categories during those early years of choosing materials.  He was willing to walk the halls of the homeschooling conference vendors, but that was about the end of his involvement.

Since then, he is happy to delegate it all to me. I have a budget, and as long as I stay in it, it's not a problem.  I could buy whatever I choose.  He no longer goes to conferences (I don't either), he doesn't look at magazines, but he is willing to review textbooks when asked. I had him look at some algebra 2 textbooks I purchased because he is mathematically inclined, and I am less so.  My oldest's mind works much more like dh's in analyzing and conceptualizing math stuff.

Dh is willing to let me talk about loud with him, but I'm not sure that he knows what grades our kids are in.  He hasn't looked at their work in a long, long time.

• Like 1

DH doesn't care what I pick. He worried about cost at first, and whether he was progressing on par with the public schools. Then we went to visit a private school, and now he doesn't care about the money within reason, as long as I discuss timing of the purchases, and he doesn't worry about whether he is learning, because he saw the work being produced in the private school was no better than what we were doing at home. He lets me decide. I don't think he wants that responsibility. Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4

DS doesn't care what I pick. He worried about cost at first, and whether he was progressing on par with the public schools. Then we went to visit a private school, and now he doesn't care about the money within reason, as long as I discuss timing of the purchases, and he doesn't worry about whether he is learning, because he saw the work being produced in the private school was no better than what we were doing at home. He lets me decide. I don't think he wants that responsibility.

Your son does some heavy thinking for a 9 year old.
  • Like 1

Dh is interested in the school work the twins do, but not any differently than the older dc that went to/are in public school. Each day he asks "how was school today" to each child, but that's about it. However, I discuss curriculum with him, because I truly want his feedback. But he doesn't research curriculum or anything like that. He trusts my judgement, I suppose, and I like to hear him say, "sounds good to me", or something like that.;)

• Like 3

In 3 hours, I will be awake for 24 hours. My stomach is upset, and I just vomited. I don't know what is going on. Worrying? I just don't know. I feel like my eye lids are swollen.

My brother and his wife are coming tomorrow, well, today. I am supposed to cook dinner. They are coming for my birthday so I was going to make a cake as well. He wanted to come last Saturday, but I put him off since I was sick.

Then this one-and-only-home-church-service Sunday has me very upset. I feel so many different things; I don't even know where to begin. Except I haven't cleaned as much as I wanted to yet, and I don't know how much I will get done today with company coming and no sleep.

I think I will try to read a bit. That should help relax me. Then maybe I can sleep.

Eta:

Oh my, what a horrible BOOYA. An insomnia and vomiting and complaining BOOYA. Sorry. :(

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 3

Good Saturday Morning.  It's a crazy day here.  We're going in 4 or 5 different directions.  It's all worked out except for picking up one while another is at a birthday party in the next county.  Oh, and wrapping paper.  I need to get wrapping paper for the present.  I have a gazillion rolls of Christmas paper, but not much else on hand. 

• Like 4