• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Unbelievable.

I would be out of that organization yesterday. It would stink for the kids, but kids bounce back.

My dh is the coach. My boys are 1/4 of the team. We are the organization. 😳

It consists of one boys' 14U team. Every year there has been some sort of drama. I don't get it. Why are people so mean and stupid?

You know all that talk about chronic pain and illness?  The internet can be our distraction and our refuge and sometimes our  only contact with the outside world. 

When I'm not around here much?  I'm either in such a bad way that I can't even make it to my happy place or I'm so good that I'm running around in the real world outside my doorway. 

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Ok, so, I have papers I can file. [insert mumbling scowling because papers had no business on the other desk, there being a perfectly good place to file them]. Tomorrow I can finish, perhaps without discussing it with the perpetrator. Not sure about that. Computer and other device cables and cords and things with plugs and stuff. 

I haven't felt well for a long time. I didn't realize I didn't feel well until I finally got the meds I needed (hashimoto's, y'all). While some of you have really painful, awful symptoms, mine were chronic, low-grade, stealthy. Now that I'm starting to feel like the real me, I am finding little areas of chaos that I just ignored, and I'm taking care of them. I can even foresee counted cross stitch in my future. Yay me. :-)

Anyway, that's the good news; the bad news for some people who live in my house is that there's a new wind blowin' through their stuff... :D

• Like 9

Sorry about your pets, JoJosMom! Are they okay now?

The wine and pizza sounds like the perfect counter to a bad start to the week, though.

Thanks, ikslo!  It's just my Buddy, my wingdog.  He's not so great, but he's had injections of antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and anti-anxiety meds.  I cooked some ground beef to get him to eat a little food, so hopefully the meds will do their thing overnight.  I swear, a sick dog is much like a sick toddler; they are miserable and confused, and you can't do a darn thing to explain the situation. :sad:

• Like 1

so, a friend at church knows many of the ladies in my hula class (she has taken quite a few other classes at the center). I was telling her about the classes, and the changes I was making, and that I hoped the dancers would stick with me. So tonight she told me that she had talked to one of them, who said she loved the class and was glad I was more structured, and that I'm emphasizing things like proper hands and stuff; and she said that one of the other dancers had planned to quit before I started teaching but she encouraged her to come, and *she* likes the class, too. So there's that. :thumbup:

• Like 13

How are the diets going?

Krissi, how's pops?

Dad is better. He's in a nursing home and hating every minute of it.  I don't blame him.  I mean, it's a nice place as far as nursing homes go, it doesn't really smell and the nurses are prompt and friendly. So, he's getting good care, but it would put a sane person in the looney bin, really. He's going to start PT tomorrow and hopefully get walking, at least a little bit, so he can go home.  He really wants to go home. I've been visiting him every day and bringing a kid or two with me. He has always lived for his grandkids, so it makes him happy to see them.

Thanks for asking!

• Like 11

Please tell my husband to hand over the remote and go to bed.  :leaving:

Jean go to bed!

Dad is better. He's in a nursing home and hating every minute of it.  I don't blame him.  I mean, it's a nice place as far as nursing homes go, it doesn't really smell and the nurses are prompt and friendly. So, he's getting good care, but it would put a sane person in the looney bin, really. He's going to start PT tomorrow and hopefully get walking, at least a little bit, so he can go home.  He really wants to go home. I've been visiting him every day and bringing a kid or two with me. He has always lived for his grandkids, so it makes him happy to see them.

Thanks for asking!

Good. :)

I'm not moving any bodies. Too lazy.

• Like 1

I second this. I read your stories and applaud your strength and endurance.

You are sweet:-)

Ooph.  Taylor Swift.  I don't know if I can keep arguing for something supported by Taylor Swift!  :svengo:

:lol:

Aaaaaand..... I'm caught up now.  

For you, Tex, because you had a rough afternoon and deserve a gift. 

cd4d970d8f9b0aae11aabb90474a6149_zpszgvi

ETA:  Well, dang.  A Booyah!  This Classy Cussing Booyah is dedicated to Tex.

I want the sweatshirt. But I will not be able to wear it to any homeschooling functions, lol. They just.won't.get it. 

Wow. Ninjas unite! We've got a mission.

I am in.

Ok, so, I have papers I can file. [insert mumbling scowling because papers had no business on the other desk, there being a perfectly good place to file them]. Tomorrow I can finish, perhaps without discussing it with the perpetrator. Not sure about that. Computer and other device cables and cords and things with plugs and stuff. 

I haven't felt well for a long time. I didn't realize I didn't feel well until I finally got the meds I needed (hashimoto's, y'all). While some of you have really painful, awful symptoms, mine were chronic, low-grade, stealthy. Now that I'm starting to feel like the real me, I am finding little areas of chaos that I just ignored, and I'm taking care of them. I can even foresee counted cross stitch in my future. Yay me. :-)

Anyway, that's the good news; the bad news for some people who live in my house is that there's a new wind blowin' through their stuff... :D

Yay for feeling better!

Earlier this week, I took dd5 for a speech therapy evaluation.  She qualifies!!!  (Duh.)  :svengo:

We had to wait 4 months to get the evaluation appointment.  Now we are being put on a months-long waiting list.   :banghead:

:grouphug:

• Like 4

The story is still unfolding, but apparently cowardly defaming special snowflake parent blind copied some or all of the team parents.

I have no words.

Let's hope everyone now knows the real poop-head in this situation. 

I can't fathom being that d-baggy to copy everyone and BLIND copy it!! I mean, if you're going to do something so underhanded, at least be brave about it and let it all hang out. Geez. 

Dd5 is already up and working on her third page of math today.

"Sumping... pus fawr... etulls seben."  I am about to go crazy.  I think it's going to be a long day.

"Free... pus sumping... etulls sits."

Took me a minute to figure that out. I was thinking "Why is she speaking Latin? But, wait, that's no Latin I've ever seen. What is that?"  :lol: 

I should have recognized that. I write for my daughter like that. 

• Like 6

Earlier this week, I took dd5 for a speech therapy evaluation.  She qualifies!!!  (Duh.)  :svengo:

We had to wait 4 months to get the evaluation appointment.  Now we are being put on a months-long waiting list.   :banghead:

Oh my word. That's ridiculous. We got my dd into an evaluation and had a first appointment within 2 weeks. 

Is there another clinic you could try? If not, move to my town! We'll get you in!

• Like 1

So, my plan today is to take all of these computer cables and device power supplies and I-don't-even-know-what-these-cords-are out into the kitchen and put them on the table, so Mr. Ellie can go through them and decide what to keep and what to give to Salvation Army or Good Will (I forget which one he favors for that kind of stuff). He can keep them all if he wants to, but he must handle each one and decide.

I'm going to give him a little grief, because many of the papers he had stashed on his computer desk should have been filed; it's ok with me that he doesn't file them himself, but he could put them *right there on the visible filing thingie* instead of on his desk, and *I* will file them. He has a number of CDs which look as if they are very important that were loose all over the desk, even though there was also one of those fabric zippered CD cases *right there* which already had some CDs in it. He must put CDs in the case. There's a ream of legal-size Gideon programs that we use for special dinners and whatnot sitting on top of a computer tower, with laptop on top of it. I have somewhere to store those programs.

I could go on but I won't bore you this early in the morning. Thankfully, Mr. Ellie's hoarding tendencies are contained in our little office...except for the garage, which is next... :D

• Like 3

For your enjoyment, Ditt and Dane (Dick and Jane) with dd5:  

Yoot and see.  (Look and see.)

Yoot, Pot yoot.  (Look, Spot, look.)

See Baby and Dim.  (See Baby and Tim.)

Tum, Pot, Tum  (Come, Spot, come.)

Dump up.  (Jump up.)

See Puff dump.  (See Puff jump.)

Dump up, Pot.  (Jump up, Spot.)

Dump up and see.  (Jump up and see.)

Tum, Ditt, tum.  (Come, Dick, come.)

Tum and see.  (Come and see.)

See Pot and Puff.  (See Spot and Puff.)

See Sah-ye and Dim.  (See Sally and Tim.)

Yoot, yoot.  (Look, look.)

• Like 7

For your enjoyment, Ditt and Dane (Dick and Jane) with dd5:  

Yoot, Pot yoot.  (Look, Spot, look.)

See Baby and Dim.  (See Baby and Tim.)

Tum, Pot, Tum  (Come, Spot, come.)

Dump up.  (Jump up.)

See Puff dump.  (See Puff jump.)

Dump up, Pot.  (Jump up, Spot.)

Dump up and see.  (Jump up and see.)

Tum, Ditt, tum.  (Come, Dick, come.)

Tum and see.  (Come and see.)

See Pot and Puff.  (See Spot and Puff.)

See Sah-ye and Dim.  (See Sally and Tim.)

Yoot, yoot.  (Look, look.)

I love this. :D 

That's the one thing about speech that makes me sad. Dd will not have her cute words anymore. But, on the plus side, I won't have to translate requests like "yizer sfoo" (lizard spoon) or  "binderginmen" (gingerbread man). 

• Like 3

It is snowing.

I have to get some pans washed because I was too lazy to do it last night. I did get the ornaments off the tree. Next comes the lights. The Dh can use his mightiness to get the tree wrestled back into its box. Then, I have to get a box of paperwork sorted. Then it is off to visit friends for the afternoon. I think we can all use a break.

• Like 3

Oh my word. That's ridiculous. We got my dd into an evaluation and had a first appointment within 2 weeks. 

Is there another clinic you could try? If not, move to my town! We'll get you in!

:party: We're in!!

I was told that the two local offices both had long wait lists.  If I wanted an appointment now I would have to go to a Big City about an hour and half away.  The local office closest to us has a wait list 6-8 months long.  

I called the other local office today so that I could be put on their wait list and found out that they had 3 different time slots available now!!  

ETA:  Booyah!!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 10

I love this. :D 

That's the one thing about speech that makes me sad. Dd will not have her cute words anymore. But, on the plus side, I won't have to translate requests like "yizer sfoo" (lizard spoon) or  "binderginmen" (gingerbread man). 

I was just thinking this morning that I need to get a video of dd5 reading "Ditt and Dane".

• Like 5