• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Computer update (because I know y'all were thinking about it all day):

I have email and Internet. I do not yet have all my contacts and Notes, but I will soon. Neither PageMaker nor our version of Photoshop work on Windows...whatever the number is now...so Mr. Ellie is re-installing XP, and then the rest of the software. No printers yet. No scanner yet. Must.have.PageMaker.

• Like 5

Morning all. 

I want something. What is it? I'm thinking some form of chocolate.

The search for the right form of chocolate intake can be brutal. Good luck!

I bought myself a fluff book (Rosamunde Pilcher) for Christmas.  And I finished it last night.  Bummer.  I want another one. 

I've been gorging on some Young Adult novels. Pure fluff and I'm going back to the library to get more. I rarely read during the school year, but I need to get back into the habit. 

Computer update (because I know y'all were thinking about it all day):

I have email and Internet. I do not yet have all my contacts and Notes, but I will soon. Neither PageMaker nor our version of Photoshop work on Windows...whatever the number is now...so Mr. Ellie is re-installing XP, and then the rest of the software. No printers yet. No scanner yet. Must.have.PageMaker.

What is PageMaker? 

• Like 4

What is PageMaker? 

PageMaker is a page-layout program. It was one of the top four: Quark, FrameMaker, Ventura Publisher, PageMaker. I don't know what happened to the others. PageMaker is an Adobe product; Adobe bought it from Aldis, kept it for a few years with some upgrades (I have PageMaker 7.0), then dumped it for its own product, InDesign. I have no need and no desire to learn InDesign.

I've done newsletters, books, programs, all sorts of stuff with PageMaker.

Microsoft Publisher is an option for me, but it is not nearly as comprehensive as PageMaker; some of the defaults that were written into it to make it easier for non-desktop-publisher users to turn out documents make me crazy.

We have a small homeschool conference coming up the end of January, plus a few others, and I'm supposed to do the programs. Mr. Ellie is working as hard as he can to get PageMaker up and running. What a guy!

• Like 4

I have sent the kitten to supervise math. She is currently keeping my son from rushing through long division by sprawling on top of his paper. She's normally only in charge of spelling, but I decided to promote her for the holidays. :laugh:

What a good kitteh!

• Like 4

I have sent the kitten to supervise math. She is currently keeping my son from rushing through long division by sprawling on top of his paper. She's normally only in charge of spelling, but I decided to promote her for the holidays. :laugh:

Kittens are useful that way. When I was growing up my mom would use ours as an alarm clock and put it on my face every morning. We used to have a kitten, but that was a while ago. She's not a kitten anymore. Although she likes to think she is. Lol.

Now you've made me want a kitten!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Duck was here.

Duck is sick.

And hosting out of town guests later today.

Which is doubly stinky because they are great friends from across the pond, and Duck was really looking forward to the visit. Now Duck has to tough through it and collapse on the other side.  

Hmpf. 

(Duck is grumpy.)

• Like 5

A few of us have been missing for a bit. Not to name names, but Dawn, Renai, Mark, Heather :toetap05: . Hope you're not trapped under something heavy. :smash:

I posted something last night. You just didn't pay attention.

I've been riding my exercise bike daily - 2 miles, but yesterday only got one mile in.

• Like 5

The boys are trying to find out if you can overdose on Hank the Cowdog audio books.

DS discovered it is possible to overdose on Stampy videos. But it's only temporary.

Okay, shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone - I don't do audio books.

I had one of those kids follow-along books when I was younger. The kind that beeped at you when you had to turn the page, and you had to turn the cassette over halfway through. Remember those? The one I had was like when I was five or something, and it was the last audiobook to which I ever listened. It was cute, though. It was about a mouse sho was trying to solve a mystery about an egg or something iirc, and at the end she squeaked, "The mystery is solved! The mystery is solved!"

I've never known anybody else ever who knows what book I am talking about. LOL

#randommemory

• Like 3