• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Totally  People on the Chat Board have made it into something it is not.  I grew up with my mother blessing many people's hearts very sincerely, and it was not ugly or mean.

I got that sense from movies, not from this board. Is it used sincerely?

SouthernIvy... 50 nativities... bless her heart.

yeah, It was BAD. 

They down sized and she had to get rid of a lot. It started as a quest to find the perfect nativity and it exploded into a strange addiction. She was good and incorporating them into the house that for years we didn't know how bad it was.  :lol:  My sister and I were bored on day and counted. We had an intervention after that and anytime she'd start talking about a nativity, we'd sing "O Little TOWNS of Bethlehem". haha

• Like 3

My mother used it sincerely and so do I. I know other people who do, as well. It is an old fashioned saying so I think it is dying out. Southerners are usually parodied in movies. We are actually way cool. 😉
  • Like 1

I will post a picture of my deep kitten scratches when I applied ear mite meds in honor of hornblower's return if all agree.  It's gruesome so you all have to vote. :laugh:

:lol:

What does it say about me that you offer to post graphic wound photos in honor of my return?

(ahhh - settles in comfortably -  this does feel like home :laugh:

I'd show you the mangled nail I had from a dog bite, but it's finally grown out....)

• Like 5

What does it say about me that you offer to post graphic wound photos in honor of my return?

(ahhh - settles in comfortably - this does feel like home :laugh:

I'd show you the mangled nail I had from a dog bite, but it's finally grown out....)

Ooh sorry we missed it!

You're an animal person. I knew you could appreciate it. 😀

• Like 1

It's the Seinfeld thread.

It reminds me how cool and smart we are when we talk school. 😀

Yup, we are all rock stars. Just like the Dave Matthews Band.

That was one of my first concerts years ago, btw. And one of my favorites. Probably because of the contact high I got while sitting in the audience:-)

• Like 5

We're atheist and have a nativity. Dh got it as a gift from an South American employee. It's inside a sort of painted gourd that opens up & has teensy tiny figures inside.

I think they are beautiful. I might want one no matter my religion or lack of.

I have the one from my childhood. It has fake moss on the roof.

• Like 1

Finished this morning with about 20 minutes to spare. It needs some repair after the party and there's some refining to do, but overall I'm pretty pleased.

Here's Chewy with two weirdos I've totally never met before in my life:

you must go through lots of hair conditioner :)

seriously awesome cosplay!

• Like 1

I am now organizing my dining room table in piles. Whether I will actually do anything with the piles has yet to be seen.

This is how I feel about my laundry. My current excuse for not putting it away is that the closet light is broken, as is the jerry-rigged utility light that took it's place. Too dark to put away clothes, or find them later.

#ain'tnobodygottimeforthat

• Like 5

Someone plan Hamlet for me.  In other words, plan a study of Hamlet which includes a reading in class of the Lamb retelling (one hour so one class period).  The students will then listen to an audio reading at home while following along in their own copies.  we will finish the year by watching a movie, but I don't know which one is good.

I am tired.  My brain is lazy.  Someone plan this for me, pretty please.  I have to reorganize my current syllabus to accommodate it, but that is not a problem.

I had the best babe in the world too. We placed a child bench in front of the tree as a sorta barrier when she was 11 months. This is the best pic in the world. :001_wub:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nDNGJt6J52No3RjjJHn8AhJ-yn328tD4_Q/view?usp=sharing

Speaking of the nativity... This video was taken on a terribly old cell phone. This was the same year as the above photo. https://drive.google.com/file/d/17HXzRbHkMPJ5e-2dauvZHbBTwhKnoGHMHg/view?usp=sharing. Oh, and she's speaking Spanglish. She kept saying "este" for "this."

I have nativities to spare. I like nativities.

Stop it, Renai!  My computer is choking, this thread is getting so sweet!   :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:   I love that age; still a baby, but talking. :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

• Like 6

Totally  People on the Chat Board have made it into something it is not.  I grew up with my mother blessing many people's hearts very sincerely, and it was not ugly or mean.

That is HARD CORE.

I know, right???  I want to be them when I grow up.

Yes.

I have to disagree.  The snide use is very, very Southern.  Like, way.

I have to disagree.  The snide use is very, very Southern.  Like, way.

That was not my experience growing up in my family as a Southerner.  I understand and have been exposed to the snide meaning, but it was used nicely and empathetically by my family for a long time so I will stick up for that meaning.

• Like 1

I'm honestly not sure I've had a margarita in more than 15 years. I'm not sure what it is with this pregnancy and wanting all the alcohol I had in my childhood.

I tried a margarita for the first time last night at the church Christmas party. Dh begged me to try it; I suspect only so he could see the face I make every time I taste an alcoholic beverage. Poopyhead. Naturally the pastor's wife was right there to witness it. :D

• Like 2

Well, it turns out y'all were like zero help with the whole Hamlet thing, but I managed to schedule a proper study of Hamlet in spite of being left to my own devices.  However, now I have to cram the stuff that had been on those days onto other days. :huh:

Sorry.  I'm having DD take Literary Analysis of Hamlet in May from Brave Writer.  But that's not much help,though. :sad:

I tried a margarita for the first time last night at the church Christmas party. Dh begged me to try it; I suspect only so he could see the face I make every time I taste an alcoholic beverage. Poopyhead. Naturally the pastor's wife was right there to witness it. :D

Yer prolly going to hell now.

• Like 3

I highly recommend this fun card game. We play it a lot. It is a four player game. Great gift for the nephew or neighbor or friend you don't know what to get.

http://www.amazon.com/Dutch-Blitz-201/dp/B000BBU0KS/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1449972110&sr=1-1&keywords=dutch+blitz

We lovelovelove this game and did you know you can play it with an infinite number of people as long as you have enough different decks of (regular) cards?

• Like 2

Susan, if you can taste the alcohol, it's too strong.  (According to me.)

I make some in the Vitamix using oranges and limes that are seriously yummy.  We go kinda light on the tequila and Cointreau, though, because mama's a lightweight.  crazy.gif

• Like 1

That sounds very appealing.  Wish I had time to get ideas from an expert before springing it upon my unsuspecting students. :lol:

It's with Susanne Barrett.  I may have mentioned (a hundred million times) that I :001_wub:  Susanne Barrett. 

My only recommendation would be to peruse "No Fear Shakespeare"'s version.  DD really likes their explanations of the text.  (She's the Bard-lover here.)

Susan, if you can taste the alcohol, it's too strong. (According to me.)

I make some in the Vitamix using oranges and limes that are seriously yummy. We go kinda light on the tequila and Cointreau, though, because mama's a lightweight. crazy.gif

There could be a teaspoon of vodka in a quart of orange juice and it would be gross to me. My mouth is overly sensitive. It is annoying.

• Like 1

I highly recommend this fun card game.  We play it a lot.  It is a four player game.  Great gift for the nephew or neighbor or friend you don't know what to get.

http://www.amazon.com/Dutch-Blitz-201/dp/B000BBU0KS/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1449972110&sr=1-1&keywords=dutch+blitz

We lovelovelove this game and did you know you can play it with an infinite number of people as long as you have enough different decks of (regular) cards?

Shoot.  Off to Amazon.  Like I haven't spent enough money this season. 

I have wonderful visions of morning time... poetry and Bible reading and mommy-daughter bonding.  Reality?  We play games.

I'm such a loser.

I booya'd on an explanation of my loser-dom.  Poop.

Oh, well.

Booya Bells!  Booya Bells!

Booya all the way!

Oh, what fun it is to Booya

On a night just like today!

This the thread that never ends, never ends, never ends...

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 4