• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

That's a thing? My first 2 pregnancies were horrible from 2 weeks until I got my gut split open.

Yup.  The second trimester.  After the puke, but before the cannonball bursting apart your lower ribcage and bouncing on your bladder every time you move. Or breathe.  

To the Golden Trimester!   :cheers2:

• Like 4

I think, in my 2nd pregnancy, the "Golden Trimester" is when I got the grand idea to climb the coyote fence to see something the neighbor was showing us, then got stuck because my balance was wonky and I couldn't figure out how to get down without falling and I had to call dh to come rescue me. Yep. True story.

• Like 7

I'm watching The Flash with dh on Netflix and looking at my washi tape. I bought another few rolls tonight at le Target. It makes me happy. I have a new planner for 2016 and I'm afraid to write in it and mess it up. So, I'm just looking at my tape and pens and all of those beautifully empty pages.

Le sigh.

What kind of pens?

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

I slept better last night. Yay!

Ds20 is wanting to buy a truck. I think ds and dh are going to the bank today. It is an older truck 2002 Ford F250 4x4. I hope they do well. This is what he has been looking for. My niece's husband (nephew in law?) is selling it. So we know the truck.:D It has been well taken care of. And he is giving ds a really fair price. So there's that.

• Like 5

So, yesterday afternoon I had another partial/psychic seizure while driving Izzy home from my MIL's. It doesn't actually impede my driving any more than the radio or the kids do, but it's still a little disturbing.

This is the worst imaginable timing for this problem.

Also "psychic seizure" makes it sound like I'm going to do a tarot reading while in a trance or something but what it means is a seizure that's all sensory (ie, your limbs don't contract, etc) and where you don't lose consciousness.

Searching Google for "psychic seizure" brings up a distressing number of links, some of which are on "official" domains in the forum sections, from people who actually think that this is what it means. Ugh, no people, you are not psychic, your brain is exploding. 

That is all.

• Like 3

For a first time borrower on a used car, that seems reasonable to me. I think rates tend to be higher on used in general and with no credit history or co-signer it seems about right.

I did just get 4% with mediocre credit on a new car, but I also had a trade that covered half the value, so... hard to compare.

Edit for your edit: if your husband has good credit (FICO above 690) and is co-signing, then you can probably get a better rate than that.

More importantly, can your son/daughter/whomever make higher than the minimum monthly payment and is that something they want to do? If that's the case then the rate is less relevant.

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 3

For a first time borrower on a used car, that seems reasonable to me. I think rates tend to be higher on used in general and with no credit history or co-signer it seems about right.

I did just get 4% with mediocre credit on a new car, but I also had a trade that covered half the value, so... hard to compare.

Edit for your edit: if your husband has good credit (FICO above 690) and is co-signing, then you can probably get a better rate than that.

More importantly, can your son/daughter/whomever make higher than the minimum monthly payment and is that something they want to do? If that's the case then the rate is less relevant.

I went to like your edit and unliked because I had already liked. So I reliked.:lol:

Yep, I agree, he plans on paying off early. Nephew in law was not supposed to be ready to sell until spring. He had a change in plans, obviously. I told them to go ahead with the 6.5%. This will get him established, and hopefully he will buckle down and pay it off soon. Thank you.

Good morning, everyone.

I think prairiewindmomma should return to her bed and sleep until the gremlin infesting her life has moved on to torture some other poor soul.  I'm not sure that my idea is realistic, however. :grouphug:

Text-speak makes my eyes bleed. To the extent that, when DD got her smart phone, I laid down the law:  First time I see you use that poor excuse for communication is the last time you see the phone.  ogre.gif, that's me.

My child had precisely one tantrum as a toddler.  So, I guess I can put a point in the "plus column" of having an only child.

We had a wonderful dinner out last night to celebrate our NaNoWriMo Winner's Fabulous Achievement.  I drove, however, so I had cioppino without a glass of red wine.  Which just feels, I don't know, wrong somehow.  But the short person was happy, so all is well.

Now, I really should suit up and slay the Poo.  Wish me luck, all.

Oh, and have a fabulous and educational day!

• Like 8

I went to like your edit and unliked because I had already liked. So I reliked. :lol:

Yep, I agree, he plans on paying off early. Nephew in law was not supposed to be ready to sell until spring. He had a change in plans, obviously. I told them to go ahead with the 6.5%. This will get him established, and hopefully he will buckle down and pay it off soon. Thank you.

Oh it's financing on a private sale? In that case I think the rate is about right. Ha!

FICO is a game banks play anyway, but yeah it doesn't hurt to have it when you need it. As long as you understand that the finance companies aren't your buddies.

• Like 1

Well, I woke up to sick kids. Last night my toddler just wanted to show me all of her ponies. This morning she wanted to show me that she had "hiccuped" all over her bed. Uh, honey, not hiccups. Lots of laundry today.

:grouphug:

One time dd9 had a nosebleed in the middle of the night.  I could tell by the smear on her face when I saw her in the morning.  I asked her why she didn't wake me up so that I could help her.  She said that she didn't want to wake me up ( :001_wub: ) so she used her bed comforter to stop the bleeding.  ( :svengo: )   :)

Prairie -- hope your days get better soon!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

Is 6.5% interest ok for a first time borrower on a used truck? I have no idea really, I was hoping 5%, 6% at the most, but I don't know.

ETA: ds20 has no credit established. Dh is co-signing.

Well. No. But he has no credit.

Can you guys put him on your credit card? That would almost immediately bump his score. That's what my mom did. I never used the card. I just benefited from her good credit.

Your nephew is the lender? Does he report to credit agencies, i.e. will this help his credit report?

• Like 1

Well, I woke up to sick kids. Last night my toddler just wanted to show me all of her ponies. This morning she wanted to show me that she had "hiccuped" all over her bed. Uh, honey, not hiccups. Lots of laundry today.

Awww, Prairie! That stinks! Hopefully no more "hiccuping" today!
  • Like 1

Well. No. But he has no credit.

Can you guys put him on your credit card? That would almost immediately bump his score. That's what my mom did. I never used the card. I just benefited from her good credit.

Your nephew is the lender? Does he report to credit agencies, i.e. will this help his credit report?

Yes, we should've added him to a credit card account. I didn't know. I read about it on the forum a couple of weeks ago.

My nephew is selling the truck as a private party. He is not a dealer or a lender, just a good nephew. ;)

• Like 1

MarkW,  :grouphug: .   Are they random for you or are you super stressed or dealing with some other type of trigger? "Brain storms", as we used to call dd's seizures, are no fun.

I can't figure that out. They hit me when I'm stressed out but I'm stressed out so often that that's not a good indicator. :)

I also seem to sometimes have them when I'm thinking about or worrying about having them, but for all I know there's a subliminal cue going on there where I know it's coming before I feel it. It is a neuro thing after all.

So, I told my boss that I've been seizing all week including once while driving my daughter and she insisted on driving me home and told me to work from home for now. 

Which is very understanding of her, at least seemingly, but now I'm sure I'm on the cusp of losing my job. So yay.

• Like 3