Menu

Happy Half-Price Chocolate Day!

Jann in TX

With Christmas, DD's birthday, our anniversary and DH's birthday all within a 6 week period we decided to skip Valentines-- however a good friend told us about another little-known holiday--

February 15th is HALF PRICE CHOCOLATE DAY!

This IS a holiday worth celebrating! :party:

After Church today we will go to the local Walgreens and CVS to splurg on all sorts of confectionary delights!  Most years we get those HUGE heart-shaped boxes of chocolate turtles (chocolate, caramel and pecans)... 

The one place I stopped had ZERO chocolate left and the other place hadn't even put there's on sale yet.  So no chocolate for me. :glare:

At 9 am this morning Walmart had zero chocolate left.  Saved me some calories but I was looking forward to buying some cheap candy for our college kids. 

We scored our favorite chocolate turtles!  DD found her fav-- Dove chocolate in a cool metal heart box for $3 (less than half price!).  We also got a few packs of Reses cups to go in our movie night stash.

We stopped at the local grocery and they had TONS of half--price chocolate... DH had to pull me away and point me towards the veggies... we did purchase chocolate syrup (but not at half price so that did not count).

Half-price Jelly Bean Day is just around the corner!

I just decided on a massive health kick. I purchased red bell peppers, baby carrots, brussels sprouts, hummus, cantaloupe, berries, spinach, super food salad, grape tomatoes, heavier weights, new (smaller!) yoga pants, a new (smaller!) running jacket, and detox foot patches.

I guess I could get one bag. I could get Valentine's Day Reese Cups. I mean, you know, that is protein.

Didn't see any half priced chocolates other than post-Valentine's Day sale today when we were out.

I think that's the point -- all the Valentine's candy is on sale (often for 50% off) -- thus it's "National Half Price Chocolate Day" (on the clearance table at your local store). :D