Menu

Safeway question

mom31257

I was looking for grocery stores near our hotel in DC, and Safeway is fairly close. I was looking at their website and noticed "Club prices" in the ad. Is this a store you have to join or pay a fee to shop and get the best prices? We'll be eating breakfast in the room, so I thought I might wait and buy some things for the fridge when we get there because we're traveling overnight to get there. 

safeway is a regular grocery store chain.  you can sign up for free at the cash register, and will get a 'club card' which tracks your purchases, will eventually give you a discount (maybe. sometimes, at the safeway gas pump) and allows you to buy items at "club" prices instead of full price off the grocery shelves.

I've had one for years.

I've found that without the club card, Safeway is very expensive.    So, either get a card or ask the cashier to run the store card so you can get the best prices.  

It was really weird to move to Texas and discover Safeway (Randall's here) was expensive. When I lived in Bellevue, WA, Safeway was the "cheap" store we went to!

Use Jenny. Local area code + 867-5309. It's always worked for me. Even at Safeway. If you're too young to know the song, here is your daily ear worm.

This is so awesome, I love this more than I can say!!!  I just hope I'll actually remember to DO it.  Truly, this is the most brilliant thing I've heard in a long time!!

Use Jenny. Local area code + 867-5309. It's always worked for me. Even at Safeway. If you're too young to know the song, here is your daily ear worm.

I'm going to try that for my club card discounts at the gas station next time...

It was really weird to move to Texas and discover Safeway (Randall's here) was expensive. When I lived in Bellevue, WA, Safeway was the "cheap" store we went to!

Phew, glad to hear you say that. I've lived in The Bellevue area most of my life and it has always been one of the cheaper stores. I thought the rest of the hive was crazy, or I was moving somewhere else that had dirt cheap grocery stores. LOL.

Phew, glad to hear you say that. I've lived in The Bellevue area most of my life and it has always been one of the cheaper stores. I thought the rest of the hive was crazy, or I was moving somewhere else that had dirt cheap grocery stores. LOL.

I'm not sure if the thing is that the prices at Safeway in WA are cheaper or that the prices EVERYWHERE else are just more expensive and we have more low cost choices here.

The Randall's was the closest grocery store when we moved here so it took me a good 4 months or so of continuing to use it primary before I walked into a HEB and discovered how much farther my grocery dollars went.