Menu

Now I've done it! (A light hearted thread)

LucyStoner

I think that unintentionally, I have bought what is more or less the dreaded...

Homeschooling mom denim jumper.

It's a dark chambray so not quite denim but well, it's suspiciously similar.

I had a gift card for eshakti and ordered three dresses when they were 3 for 2. A week or so passes and the package arrives.

One of the dresses is much darker than it looked online and is looser than I thought is would be across the chest. I was thinking, oh, I'll wear it over a nice white shirt.

And then it hit me. It's awfully close to a denim jumper.

You don't know you're there till you're stuck in the middle.

:P

It's this one here, you know, in case everyone wants an update on the uniform:

http://www.eshakti.com/product/CL0028449

Sorry, no. A Real Denim Jumper is much longer and has buttons all the way down the middle. If you want to be fancy, it can have some sort of seasonal motif embroidered on it. Try harder next time!

I am so glad I'm not the only one. I positively cringed at the thrift store and was sure everyone was judging me, but I NEED a housedress for messy jobs that doesn't impair my movement or restrict my ability to breathe.

My pants don't fit right any more and I'm NOT going to trash the beautiful patchwork festival dresses that my friends made for me by wearing them to scrub the floor.

I actually wear it too. Constantly. Just not when or where anyone can see me.

< cringe >

I ordered all cotton dresses and like the quality ok for the price and options. The dresses aren't lined but that is ok.

I have several summer dresses from them that I bought at Value Village (their return center is here and apparently they donate their returns.) I've had them for 2 summers now and they have held up well. No real complaints.

Oooh, good to know! I have been eyeing a dress there, but I am only 5'1", so I would probably want it shorter.

They ask for your height even on non-custom orders and you can do any length. That's the biggest plus for me. Well, and I really like the pockets, lol.

Normally dresses that are supposed to hit me below the knee end up more like fingertip length or just past. Too short for most dresses/occasions for me!

They ask for your height even on non-custom orders and you can do any length. That's the biggest plus for me. Well, and I really like the pockets, lol.

Normally dresses that are supposed to hit me below the knee end up more like fingertip length or just past. Too short for most dresses/occasions for me!

My biggest problems are that my bust is big for my size and my legs are short. So, it would be nice to have those adjusted!

I have a denim sort of jumper. It has the same kind of buttons on standard denim jackets, those big metal things. It buttons all the way down to just below the knee, but don't you know I like to have it unbuttoned a good ways up and a bit down because I just am not that kind of homeschool mom.

I do wear a tee under it but I think I had better get rid of it and let someone else have a go at being a homeschool mom in uniform.

I like your dress, I don't think it's a jumper at all.

The white shirt thing was a bust. It looks ok- if I am gunning to look like a school marm in a one room school house in some distant era. Not a horrible thing but not a great thing either, especially for a date, lol. It does however work well with a snugger, 1/2 sleeve cardigan I own.

I think though that this is the dress I will wear on the date though-

http://www.eshakti.com/m/ProductPage/CL0033253

I'm pretty psyched for cap/short sleeves that actually fit my burly upper arm/biceps. Cap sleeves in my dress side tend to be too tight on my arms.