Menu

What's everyone cooking this week?

TammyinTN

Here's my menu, but I'm looking for some new recipes and ideas. 

Thanks!  :D

Sunday meal plan-- leftover pizza and whatever is in the refrigerator leftovers eat up

Monday-- Homemade chicken salad and fruit

Tuesday--Fillet of Cod Flemish style with roasted potatoes, fresh green beans and squash

Wednesday--Baked Spaghetti w/ salad and bread

Thursday--BLT Sandwiches w/ chips 

Friday--Steak or Grilled chicken,  baked potatoes, salad 

Saturday--Chicken Cordon Bleu, fried potatoes w/ onions and salad

Sunday--Taquitos w homemade salsa and chips

- See more at: http://fortmeademom.typepad.com/livinglifeineurope/#sthash.zhTx45gO.dpuf

I copied this from my blog...that's why it looks wacky. 

Sunday- something that will use the package of chicken breasts I have that need to be used today.

Monday- tortilla soup and salad with avocado

Tuesday- kids cook dinner night and they have chosen roast chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans with strawberries for dessert.

Weds- salmon, brussel sprouts, green and fruit salad

Thursday- homemade mac and cheese with carmelized onions and bacon. Salad on the side.

Friday- pizza and salad. Everyone makes their own pizza.

Saturday- Thai street noodles with chicken and broccoli.

Tonight: Roast chicken w fresh herbs, beet salad, strawberry cobbler

Monday: turkey white bean chili

Tuesday: we will be out, so something on the way, or I will be super organized and pack us up something

Wednesday: fried rice w leftover chicken, carrots, and snow peas

Thursday: steak, grilled zucchini w balsamic, potatoes

That's as far as I've gotten.

I hardly ever use a recipe for cooking fish. I like to season it, place it on foil to catch the drippings and bake or broil. Sometimes I drege it in a little seasoned flour and pan fry. We like it cooked though but only just so, not over cooked at all. Unless it's very thick, it cooks very fast. A couple few minutes a side at most on the fry pan and anywhere from 5-15 minutes in a hot oven.

Tonight was assemble-your-own veggie sandwiches with an assortment of fruit on the side. (My husband hit the farmer's market this afternoon and brought home lots of produce and some good bread.)

My son is out tomorrow night (birthday party for a friend from the cast of his current show), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday (performances). On nights when it's just my husband and me, dinner tends to be really simple or a do-your-own-thing situation (burritos, baked potatoes with toppings, etc.).

Dinners Tuesday and Thursday will likely be something Indian inspired and possibly pasta. 

I'll need to take my son dinner between shows on Saturday. If I make an Indian something for dinner one night, I can plan left-overs to pack for him that day.

Done.

I grilled steaks, chicken (traded my dad a bit of steak and some chicken for some pork) and pan seared some shrimp.

Cut up cauliflower and broccoli and bagged it for individual servings.

Made Alfredo sauce for the shrimp.

Made a mammoth plate of deviled eggs.

And made my birthday cake: cheesecake. Had to mix it in my bedroom, haul it over and cook it at Mom's but by the powers that be, I was having my birthday cake this week! Kitchen or no kitchen.

Happy cooking to you lucky folks with a kitchen this week.

If it can be grilled, I will grill it.

Greens, summer veggies and other garden delights (waiting for the purple tomatoes to make their appearance at the farm stands...!!)

Summertime summertime sum sum summertime.

I love eating grilled food, but I hate the heat. Therefore I only eat grilled when someone else cooks it.

Sunday...rotisserie chicken (homemade)

Monday-- chicken salad

Tuesday-- stuffed/fried squash blossoms

Wednesday--pulled pork

Thursday--leftovers

Friday--hopefully eating in Rome

Saturday--leftovers/pancakes

Your Friday plans sound heavenly...oh how I miss Europe! 

Today we had:

Grilled pork chops, mushroom ravioli from trader joe's(it was really gross and I love mushrooms!), green beans and blackberries

I have no idea about the rest of the week.  We need to have one of those eat out of the freezer/pantry weeks before I buy anything else.

I have chicken legs, thighs, ground beef and milanesa in the freezer

Lots of pasta in the pantry

So looking at that we'll probably have spaghetti, stir fry, taco/tex-mex, oven fried chicken  Nothing exciting lol

Done.

I grilled steaks, chicken (traded my dad a bit of steak and some chicken for some pork) and pan seared some shrimp.

Cut up cauliflower and broccoli and bagged it for individual servings.

Made Alfredo sauce for the shrimp.

Made a mammoth plate of deviled eggs.

And made my birthday cake: cheesecake. Had to mix it in my bedroom, haul it over and cook it at Mom's but by the powers that be, I was having my birthday cake this week! Kitchen or no kitchen.

Happy cooking to you lucky folks with a kitchen this week.

:party:  Happy Birthday!! Everyone deserves a birthday cake!! :party:

That's what I thought. I was getting all depressed about a birthday, alone, with my kitchen all torn up and scattered from one end of the house to the other, and I said to myself, what you need, woman, is a cheesecake.

So I made one. 

Tonight-40 clove chicken, asparagus, and salad

Monday-tomato soup and caprese salad

Tuesday-veg lo mien, ginger salad

Wednesday-beef picadillo over rice, steamed green beans

Thursday-chicken with lemon cream sauce, broccoli

Friday-wonton mini tacos, avocado salad

Saturday-beef brisket sandwiches, brussel sprouts, corn

This is our plan for the week:

Monday: roasted chicken legs with roasted carrots and potatoes

Tuesday: tater tot casserole with green beans

Wednesday: BBQ ribs with corn on the cob and baked potatoes

Thursday: broiled salmon with steamed broccoli and couscous

Friday: French bread pizza with salad

Saturday and Sunday - out to eat

I've got ingredients for all these recipes but haven't decided what's going when.  So in no particular order:

American Goulash

Curry, rice, apple & carrot salad

Lentil tacos - a recipe from someone here on WTM but I can't remember who

Mexican cream cheese crockpot chicken - a new recipe from the internet

Chili Con Queso Pasta Bake - ditto ditto new internet recipe

Sloppy Joes on bun with corn on the cob

I'm a little bit worried about all my new internet recipes.  A few weeks ago I tried three new recipes that I just found online and they were all horrible.  So bad that DH who will eat anything made himself a PB&J one night.  

So far I have

chile rellenos (our own peppers) w cornbread or hm tortillas or rice (I don't eat rice)

a casserole my grandmother called Hot Chicken Salad (I lightened the recipe lol)

grilled chicken and spinach salad w spicy pineapple dressing (a Cooking Light recipe)

grilled pizza (each person tops their own)

So I need two more dinners. I have to pack a picnic for the night we go see Hamlet in the park (the salad could work).

We have a boatload of homegrown and farmers' market veggies and homegrown and orchard fruits :D

On internet recipes I tend to deal with those at a once a week rate at most. Well, any new recipe, really. Then there is only one unpleasant surprise a week if it is a total flop. And if you make a recipe with leftovers the day before the new recipe trial you've got options.

On internet recipes I tend to deal with those at a once a week rate at most. Well, any new recipe, really. Then there is only one unpleasant surprise a week if it is a total flop. And if you make a recipe with leftovers the day before the new recipe trial you've got options.

I do this too.